Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

I agree we should have placed a bid. Had we had a midfielder who contributed 16 goals last season we would have likely won the league. A lack of goals from midfield cost us. Let's hope this season was a flash in the pan for him. Goal s oring midfielders are hard to come by

How many goals did Brown, Rogic, Ntcham and McGregor contribute last season mate?

Very few.

We outscored them last season, but the contribution by Forrest from a wide position was telling.
Sinclair too, although the vast majority of his were penalties.

It is a risky signing, he is very raw potential. That is a lot of cash for potential. Also he now has a huge weight of expectation on top of developing his game. Very difficult and easy for a lad to go off he rails.

Reality is we shouldn't be spending any transfer fees this summer (or very minimal at most) on players that don't go straight into the first team.

It now has to be about next season. I'd rather sign one player for £6m that improves the team than two at £3m each who are for the future.

If they want to bolster their balance sheet by buying squad players, I am all for it. As I say, it is all about the coming season and if we can add a couple of quality starters, we will be well placed if they don't improve.

Let's not kid ourselves pretending it's a bad signing. We'd be delighted if he'd been coming to rangers.

That said, and as many have already suggested, there's every risk he's had an incredible one off season and he may not replicate it. Its an expensive risk, but its anyoneeguess how it plays out.

Let's not kid ourselves pretending it's a bad signing. We'd be delighted if he'd been coming to rangers.

That said, and as many have already suggested, there's every risk he's had an incredible one off season and he may not replicate it. Its an expensive risk, but its anyoneeguess how it plays out.

There's no question he'd a decent 2nd half of the season for Motherwell, however he never really stood out in their bigger games and was poor against us.

It's a lot of money to pay for someone who won't be a guaranteed starter for them, (he certainly wouldn't get a start in our midfield) and I'm happier with a development fee for Hastie, a Bosman for Aribo, or a loan deal for Ojo.

Paying upwards of £3 million I'd be looking for someone who'll come in and instantly improve our starting 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know we were the top scorers in the league, with our right back having more assists than anyone else, not to mention his goals contribution?

It's the overall team goals contribution that counts.

Edit, Ryan Jack scored as many goals as the free scoring Tom Rogic, who contributed a massive 3 goals in 28 games.

Considering Rogic is an attacking mid, whereas Jack is defensively minded, it's not exactly a prolific return from the Aussie dud.

I g
You do know we were the top scorers in the league, with our right back having more assists than anyone else, not to mention his goals contribution?

It's the overall team goals contribution that counts.

Edit, Ryan Jack scored as many goals as the free scoring Tom Rogic, who contributed a massive 3 goals in 28 games.

Considering Rogic is an attacking mid, whereas Jack is defensively minded, it's not exactly a prolific return from the Aussie dud.

Point taken, i was referring more to forrest contribution opposed to candeias and kents goals ratio

Now that it's known £3m is enough to sign him, I will be amazed if at least one of Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Derby, Swansea, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Hull, Stoke etc aren't thinking that signing a 19 year old midfielder with 15 league goals last season for that sort of price would be a very good piece of business.
His agent isn't doing his job if he's not currently alerting these sort of teams of his client's availability at that price.

There's no question he'd a decent 2nd half of the season for Motherwell, however he never really stood out in their bigger games and was poor against us.

It's a lot of money to pay for someone who won't be a guaranteed starter for them, (he certainly wouldn't get a start in our midfield) and I'm happier with a development fee for Hastie, a Bosman for Oribo, or a loan deal for Ojo.

Paying upwards of £3 million I'd be looking for someone who'll come in and instantly improve our starting 11.
Absolutely right .... if we get Aribo we get 10 times the player, who has played more games, tested at a higher level consistently, and will make an immediate impact ..... for a signing on fee and wages .... I know which one id prefer !!!

Plus he's an ugly wee scrote in the Pearson mould !!!

This threads reeking folk wetting there pants about a player signing for them that we weren't interested in who's only came onto a game the last 2/3 months of the season.

No one is wetting their pants.

A few folk are disappointed that we’re not signing him, and that he’s going to our rivals. There’s been none of the usual hysteria.

This threads reeking folk wetting there pants about a player signing for them that we weren't interested in who's only came onto a game the last 2/3 months of the season.

Tbh mate, I'd say the majority of us recognise he's a decent prospect, but know Hastie, Aribo and Ojo are too and we're thankful we're not spunking £3 million on possible potential.

Development fees, Bosmans and loans are for players like that for us.

and its unfounded on the whole tbh.

Him (and Hastie) are unproven on the whole.
I've just read a post on twitter comparing him to Tav and Morelos, basically saying most of his goals are pens but so are Tavs, he didn't show up against us, but neither did Morelos against celtic. Ultimately meaning if people say he's gash then why rave about they 2?

Now that it's known £3m is enough to sign him, I will be amazed if at least one of Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Derby, Swansea, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Hull, Stoke etc aren't thinking that signing a 19 year old midfielder with 15 league goals last season for that sort of price would be a very good piece of business.
His agent isn't doing his job if he's not currently alerting these sort of teams of his client's availability at that price.

I posted before a friend of mine's son played with him (and Hastie) at Motherwell youths and he maintains that the lad wants to go south (even now). He definitely knows the boy. Make of that what you will but I guess if no one else comes in he'll take the paedo pound.

I posted before a friend of mine's son played with him (and Hastie) at Motherwell youths and he maintains that the lad wants to go south (even now). He definitely knows the boy. Make of that what you will but I guess if no one else comes in he'll take the paedo pound.

What did Villa pay for McGinn, who had a better pedigree than Turnbull?

£3 million (even for an English Championship club) is a big gamble for a 19 year old with 6 months SPL experience.

It will be interesting to see if anyone matches the mentally challenged bid.

I can't say he's ever stood out when we have faced them Cadden always seems to play well against us but never really noticed Turnball.

Tims desperate to avoid another McGinn situation where player they want moves to a Championship side.

Cannot believe anyone would want to be associated with them given their history.

Apparently word on the street was that Callum McGregor didn't like hearing the word pedophile when playing at Ibrox recently.

Just seems desperate from Celtic more than anything else. A decent player with some potential but he's not going to set the world on fire and he's not going to have their usual £10m plus sell on tag they are so used to faking.

How do you know how much he will be worth in the future?

Mystic meg there.

Just seems desperate from Celtic more than anything else. A decent player with some potential but he's not going to set the world on fire and he's not going to have their usual £10m plus sell on tag they are so used to faking.
He’s not?

How do you know how much he will be worth in the future?

Mystic meg there.
Eh? Has my suggestion upset you?

Firstly, I doubt he'll feature all that much for Celtic. I also doubt he'll develop much whilst he's there either. So, I don't think it's likely that he's going to improve his game much there. So, until he leaves he's not really going to get the chance. If he doesn't play for Celtic and doesn't play well it's unlikely someone is going to pay big money for him.

It's not about predicting the future. It's just an opinion.

I posted this earlier in the thread but I’ll remind the worriers again that septic have also signed Morgan and Hendry who’ve had limited success.
It’s not a done as dusted that Turnbull is going to be a McGregor or Forrest for them.

sRw8-IlF_400x400.jpg

Just answered on response. It's just my opinion - I don't think he's going to develop at Celtic and I don't believe he'll feature all that much.
Well, as per my previous post, there is recent history to suggest you could easily be right.

Eh? Has my suggestion upset you?

Firstly, I doubt he'll feature all that much for Celtic. I also doubt he'll develop much whilst he's there either. So, I don't think it's likely that he's going to improve his game much there. So, until he leaves he's not really going to get the chance. If he doesn't play for Celtic and doesn't play well it's unlikely someone is going to pay big money for him.

It's not about predicting the future. It's just an opinion.

Aye I'm devastated by it.

The boy looks a player, if he progresses the way he has started he could very well be worth that in the future.

I'd rather he went down south to be honest.

Aye I'm devastated by it.

The boy looks a player, if he progresses the way he has started he could very well be worth that in the future.

I'd rather he went down south to be honest.
I'd rather he went down south as well - would certainly be a much better move for his career. He is a good player but I just don't think signing for Celtic will do him much good.

Hopefully the boy knocks them back regardless if we were interested

Hopefully the boy knocks them back regardless if we were interested

I assumed he’d singed already.

Can I add - some people need to calm the Fck down on this player .

It’s Davie Turnbull fae Motherwell , not Diego Maradona they’ve singed ffs .

Last edited:
Back