What are our options should Edmundson not come

Nathan9719972

Looking at cbs who have been linked, the only one who’s been linked by reliable journalist is John Souttar and also Axel Tuanzebe

Anyone reckon we could attract the cypriot CD / LB from standard liege , liked the look of him v. scotland and indeed he reminds me of our very own john 'bomber' brown in style . he isnt the tallest but is a good mix of football and aggression and spirit. Konstantinos Laifis .

Mark Allen said they have a database with a lot of talent who they scope out I'm sure they have a sufficient list, atleast I hope they do.

Souttar was poor towards the end of the season. Looked particularly bad in their last two games against us, so it’s a no from me.
I see what you mean but tbf anyone playing with Berra would look poor, he would make VVD look poor(I’m Joking), just really think Berra makes Souttar look poor

The management team will have many irons in the fire, the majority of whom I would suggest we won’t even be thinking or talking about.

Which is the way it should be. Sign them first, talk about it afterwards.

I'm sure there will be a list of targets and we move on to the next however, given our policy of picking up proven players in this league for free, i'm surprised we didn't bring back Halkett from Livi. Would have been perfect back up.

I was of the opinion the defence was good enough to not require much money be thrown at it,I’d have settled for Halkett and a Suchy or similar in who were both available on bosmans.
It appears the staff think different and you have to respect that, they see the players every day after all.

I am unapologetically a big fan of Katic in fairness so probably biased.

I was of the opinion the defence was good enough to not require much money be thrown at it,I’d have settled for Halkett and a Suchy or similar in who were both available on bosmans.
It appears the staff think different and you have to respect that, they see the players every day after all.

I am unapologetically a big fan of Katic in fairness so probably biased.
Katic is our best cb imo. We need two more as cover. I would bring in one more to challenge and one youth player, ross m can also cover that position if needed

Reactions: cav
Jake Cooper had a good season at Milwall. I'd imagine he's one we've kept tabs on.

He signed a new long term deal in December, talking close to if not £10m now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46567224

Defender Jake Cooper has signed a new "long-term" contract with Championship side Millwall.
The 23-year-old, who joined from Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee in July 2017, has been ever-present in the league this season.
He played 38 Championship games last term, helping Millwall finish in eighth place, and won the club's young player of the season award.
The length of Cooper's new contract has not been revealed.

Mark Allen said they have a database with a lot of talent who they scope out I'm sure they have a sufficient list, atleast I hope they do.
A database, someone should have scouted and in by know.
They knew worral wasnt staying, it better not be another panic and waste of money.
It shouldnt be a loan either.

Is there a possibility Mcrorie could become one of our choices for centre half? I don't see a place for him in our Midfield. His career has stalled to some extent.

I think we missed a trick with Halkett would have been a cheap reliable option who knows the scottish league, Hearts managed to nab him
As sad as it is to say it,someone who can play consistently well on the shitey artificial pitches in our league is an asset for that alone-I do like Halkett though,and for free would have been decent business imo.

I doubt very much that he is a primary or particularly important target. He’s available now hence we’ve made a move. Not many tears will be shed if he doesn’t end up at Ibrox. This isn’t the days of Warburton where the signing of an unproven player from the likes of Oldham would be considered as key.

I see what you mean but tbf anyone playing with Berra would look poor, he would make VVD look poor(I’m Joking), just really think Berra makes Souttar look poor
If you speak to pretty much any Hearts fan, they say the exact opposite. They view Berra as by far the better of the two (even as he gets on in age and despite his screw up in the recent cup final); most of them don’t particularly rate Souttar and think that he is pretty lost when Berra isn’t alongside him.

But we don’t need to worry. We won’t be signing Berra. We are looking for two centre halves though - one as a starter (Katic might yet find himself the odd man out and as CB3) and a second as a more development type CB4.

The management team will have many irons in the fire, the majority of whom I would suggest we won’t even be thinking or talking about.

Which is the way it should be. Sign them first, talk about it afterwards.
Yes, after the story the other day about the scouting department, data, video, live scouting, we will have a number of targets identified, I’m sure. The press will only be aware of some of what’s going on.

I honestly believe we need to look beyond cheap and reliable. We seem to be thinking more of players that compliment each other in partnerships

A big fee does not mean a player is going to perform, plenty examples of this

Although i’m not saying go for cheap and cheerful all time i’ll make that clear, but sometimes need to be on the look out for a shrewd signing i.e Katic/Kamara

A database, someone should have scouted and in by know.
They knew worral wasnt staying, it better not be another panic and waste of money.
It shouldnt be a loan either.
Truth is there could be other factors. Timing of targets? , do we have to wait for SDI Court verdict?
Are we waiting on selling a player?

Just have to wait an see

Is there a possibility Mcrorie could become one of our choices for centre half? I don't see a place for him in our Midfield. His career has stalled to some extent.
Agree, i always preffered him there.
The fans that say the next captain and in midffeld for years, well i dont see it.
Maybe i am missing something.

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you?
Whit are you going on about ffing ray of sunshine.
I am stating facts, mid june and nodbody.
2 centre halfs at the moment.
Bloomers with panic buying loans, sadiq, worral wasnt good, coulibally wasnt good, grezda and barasic could go anytime along with the panic buy that was lafferty.
We could make a full team of wingers right enough.

We've seen Ross perform previously at centre half and he simply doesn't have the physicality to play there.

He was shown up badly against the mentally challengeds mate.

Remember though, he's only 21 and has been working hard on his passing and distribution, which was his achilles heel.

He's very highly rated by Gerrard (more so than Doc and Rossiter) and our gaffer firmly believes he's got a future at Ibrox as a DM.

Back