Gareth McCauley

He is done.

The defeat at Rugby Park in January will forever be remembered for Worrall making an arse of it but McAuley was brutal that night aswell.

McGregor's howler cost us the game too remember mate.

Coach yes, but he should be nowhere near a rangers first team ever again

Even as fourth choice I'd have palpitations

I have it on excellent authority that he will take up a managerial post at Gregg's, Maryhill. Bake it or beef it.

I was shot down previously for suggesting he would be the perfect figure in a coaching capacity, it also allows the money to be spread in other areas if he is our no.4 ( not totally thrilled with that but hey ho) 200 EPL games, solid, meticulous, great trainer, Rangers man, 80 International caps is certainly an experienced pro you would want around HTC for Katic and the youths plus a voice in the dressing room

The thing that some forget is that Rangers have a tight budget which needs to remain under control and there is no room for passengers or those who potentially can contribute very little.

Personally I think that GM's signing was a mistake and was based upon the level at which he had previously been playing at ( WBA player of the year 2013 ) and I hope that the club learn from that !

He seems a great guy and a good influence but he’s done as a player for our level. I very much hope we will be deeply involved in four fronts this season- in which case even our 4th choice CB will no doubt play several games.

Happy to have him as a coach on a coach’s wages . Not as a player

You're really not making a case to keep him here.
If he's not needed then why have him on the payroll, or taking up a squad place that someone half his age with their whole career ahead of them could be filling?
I have lost my case , i give up.
One year as a coach and maybe 5th after, goldson, katic , new guy and youth.
Remember we have not got NEW GUY yet and i dont know what the youths are like.
Am out of this thread.

I have lost my case , i give up.
One year as a coach and maybe 5th after, goldson, katic , new guy and youth.
Remember we have not got NEW GUY yet and i dont know what the youths are like.
Am out of this thread.
I've got no issue with him being a coach, on a coach's wage as long as he will actually add something to the current setup. If not, then he goes with our best wishes.

We cannot be a retirement home for over the hill players who have expressed an affinity for us in the past.

I've got no issue with him being a coach, on a coach's wage as long as he will actually add something to the current setup. If not, then he goes with our best wishes.

We cannot be a retirement home for over the hill players who have expressed an affinity for us in the past.
Thats the Rangers way is it not, in recent times.
That will stop with ex players soon as mcgregor etc from 10 years were good and in good teams.
From mccoist onwards- duds were bought and nobody worth coming back.
If mccauley can add coaching in the defense then great.if not then thankyou but bye bye

Fantastic player and servant in his day .

Utterly finished now though ,he was god awful when he played for us ,I’ve seem milk turn quicker but that’s down to genetics and his age .

As I said tho a fantastic player who’s had his time .

Rumours round Northern Ireland are that he’s great mates with larnes backer and they have offered him 7 grand a week to play for them next season,astronomical money by Irish league standards

Gareth McCauley, will himself, no better than anyone, that his best days are now well behind him. However, he seems to be the type of bloke, who will be very happy that his career details show that he played for Glasgow Rangers.

Back