Cops hunt another Celtic paedo

BrownBrogues

Seen posted already inside another thread but needs highlighted

Celtic scout' claim coach accused of child sex attacks hunted by police

The suspect told kids in the 1970s he was a scout for Celtic and it's alleged he was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.
ByKeith McLeod
04:30, 15 JUN 2019

One alleged victim, pictured centre, says he was abused by the coach in the early 1970s (Image: UGC/Daily Record)
Get the biggest Celtic stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
A former football coach who claimed to be a scout for Celtic is wanted by police over claims he carried out a string of child sex attacks.

The ‘scout’, now 75, was the subject of a complaint to police in 2015 from a man now in his 60s. Another man later came forward with more claims of abuse.

The coach is alleged to have preyed on children in the 60s and 70s.

It is alleged by his accusers that the scout – who was involved in schools and youth football in Renfrewshire – abused boys repeatedly at a house in Paisley and at a property in Argyll and Bute.

One alleged victim has told the Record that his alleged abuser was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.

Jim Torbett was sentenced to six years in prison for child sex abuse (Image: Daily Record)
READ MORE
Former Celtic chairman claims 'no knowledge' of his business links to Boys' Club sex beast Jim Torbett

He claims the coach tried to impress youngsters with a Celtic ID card signed by a senior figure at the club and describing him as an official scout.

The scout can’t be named for legal reasons but Police Scotland have confirmed there is a warrant for his arrest. Speaking exclusively to the Record, an alleged victim of the scout said: “I was abused by this man over years, repeatedly.

“His power over boys stemmed from the fact that he carried a card saying he was a scout with Celtic FC. He would show it all the time because it gave him status.”

He added: “The abuse happened at a house in Argyll and at my own house in Paisley between 1968 and the early 70s.

“I took this to the police in 2015. They were brilliant in the way they dealt with me but nothing seems to have happened since. I want justice.

“He was a young teacher. All the guys liked him and thought he was a good guy.

“He ran the football team in second year at school and would take boys to Celtic games, in the European Cup.

“At weekends, he would take boys to Argyll. That’s where I was first abused. I remember trying to get to sleep that night wondering what had happened. I was so naive.

READ MORE
Celtic's secret two-year probe into boy's club sex abuse scandal confirmed by Peter Lawwell

“Other boys were there. I believe they were being abused as well. He would take three boys to Argyll at a time.

“A friend of mine, who is sadly deceased now, was also abused. I know of another victim who has spoken to police.”

It is claimed the abuser was so convincing he was able to befriend an alleged victim’s parents to the point where he would stay at their house.

The victim said he tried to commit suicide when he was still being abused as a child. The abuse stopped when he was 14 and he went on to play for the scout’s teams as a young adult.

He says that he and another alleged victim, who is now dead, were contacted by police in the mid-90s. They were asked whether they were abused by the scout.

He said: “I told the police nothing. I then spoke to my friend and asked if he’d been contacted. He said he had but had also said nothing.

“It was the first time we’d talked about the abuse between ourselves. When we were young, it was never talked about. Later I think we tried to remove it from our minds.

“I regret not telling the police in the 90s. Another victim must have contacted them and our testimonies would have helped.

READ MORE
Sex abuse victim to sue Celtic for hundreds of thousands of pounds over lost earnings
“I regret not speaking out then but I had young children and I wanted to forget the whole thing.

“But in later life, I’ve become more and more affected by what went on when I was young. I feel I was robbed of my childhood. Now, I feel robbed of something as simple as justice.”

The witness the scout’s teams would regularly play Torbett’s Celtic BC teams.

He said: “There were boys in our youth teams that went on to play for Torbett or Cairney at Celtic Boys’ Club.

“They had strong links and the scout was clearly friends with both Torbett and Cairney.”

It is feared the perpetrator of the abuse may now be living abroad.

Police Scotland confirmed that a warrant has been issued for the alleged abuser. The Crown Office confirmed that the case is “live”. Celtic FC made no comment.

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared boys’ club leaders in 1986, describing claims against them as “scurrilous”.

Some of Torbett’s abuse of boys happened after that investigation.

Celtic revealed last month that they have been carrying out a new two-year investigation into the abuse claims at Celtic BC.

Police Scotland confirmed that a warrant has been issued for the alleged abuser. The Crown Office confirmed that the case is “live”. Celtic FC made no comment.

Paedo's are falling out of the Celtic tree at an alarming rate. Oh! how I'd hate to be a Celtic supporter right now.

But why no camera crew's outside the Jimmy Savile Arena reporting this? During our troubles in 2012 every single news bulletin featured Ibrox Stadium in the background.

I suspect Fritzl has been putting the frighteners on the main stream media and warned them not to film there.

What’s with the use of quotations around scout? Are they trying to intimate that he wasn’t a Celtic scout?
Even if he wasnt an official scout it’s shows that there must have been a paedophile ring at the piggery due to the fact that his mate Torbett was there and probably told him about vulnerable kids that are there for the taking.
It gets worse by the week. We need a UK level government investigation into that’s viper’s nest

The silence is deafening from the footballing authorities on these matters, why haven't the SFA probed these matters? Why indeed haven't UEFA not insisted on these crimes be investigated. It is CLEAR as day with what, 5? 6? convicted sex pests on their books that Glasgow Celtic FC created a safe harbour for paedophiles to thrive in. Apart from breaking the laws of natural decency and the laws of the land, they must have infringed footballing rules in both of these associations.

I know we are concerned about getting justice for the victims but this cannot continue, the case against this club has to be brought.

There cant be much left on that brush they keep sweeping these things away with, it is time for the authorities to act.

Paedo's are falling out of the Celtic tree at an alarming rate. Oh! how I'd hate to be a Celtic supporter right now.

But why no camera crew's outside the Jimmy Savile Arena reporting this? During our troubles in 2012 every single news bulletin featured Ibrox Stadium in the background.

I suspect Fritzl has been putting the frighteners on the main stream media and warned them not to film there.
Mclennan will ensure that the media are controlled with as many place men in top jobs.

Sickening that the orcs have not come clean and held their hands up over this. The longer they deflect and deny the more I want them destroyed. It's a heinous crime and anyone involved in the cover up at orc central should feel the full force of the law. So that will be a couple of weeks in the pokey with 10 days off for good behaviour going by the sentences handed out already.

Last edited:

I doubt Fritzl has that much clout it's more likely that the high heed yins have either Celtic leanings or are Catholics it's not something they want to talk about.
Fuckers should be shut down.

I doubt Fritzl has that much clout it's more likely that the high heed yins have either Celtic leanings or are Catholics it's not something they want to talk about.
Fuckers should be shut down.

Nah, not buying that.

This is coming directly from someone in a very senior position at Celtic.

That’s my worry mate, especially that Petrie has the job now and i don’t see the scum supporting snp party going after them.
Petrie or anyone that so much as tries to deflect this,will be out on there ear.The full story is yet to be unfolded,and when it is your average Joe on the street will be fully aware of this clubs deeds.I believe in the not to distant future,we will see less of there team strips on the street,shame being one and the brand and colours will be so badley damaged.Wearing there colours condone what went on.

Surely the SNP and the so called Justice Minister can’t ignore this any longer. Their silence is deafening and an utter disgrace.

I’ve got my suspicions this paedo ring has spread much, much further than Celtic FC and the Scottish Government are complicit in the cover up.

Fucking rancid organisation
Let’s face facts here no matter if there were hundreds of them at the puddle drinkers the club and the fans will still see no wrong doing

There reaction will always be but but but you never paid the face painter etc - wankers

I can’t believe that no politician has been shaming the SNP over their lack of comment or action at question time etc

The sentencing is a joke as well

This country should hang its head in shame for the way its acted over this scandal

Back