Illegal Share Price Manipulation?

BrunoseAlves

The suggestions that Celtic may have breached stock market regulations by failing to disclose their 2 year internal investigation is worth discussing separately from the abuse scandal. Should it be true that they have failed to divulge matters that would have had significant potential to change their share price or damage their ability to attract sponsorship, then they have benefited financially and gained sporting advantage by actions that may constitute illegal insider trading.

We can of course anticipate a prompt SFA/SPL investigation based on recent precedent. Hopefully they will deal out comparable punishments in order to demonstrate an absence of bias and to maintain sporting integrity.

The suggestions that Celtic may have breached stock market regulations by failing to disclose their 2 year internal investigation is worth discussing separately from the abuse scandal. Should it be true that they have failed to divulge matters that would have had significant potential to change their share price or damage their ability to attract sponsorship, then they have benefited financially and gained sporting advantage by actions that may constitute illegal insider trading.

We can of course anticipate a prompt SFA/SPL investigation based on recent precedent. Hopefully they will deal out comparable punishments in order to demonstrate an absence of bias and to maintain sporting integrity.
Is this genuinely being looked into? Or is it another thing our media and fa ignore.

Hopefully someone will now make an official complaint to the Stock Exchange or the appropriate body where their shares are listed. How careless of you Mr Lawwell not to have thought about that before you wrote your latest fable and passed it on to your useful idiots in the Scottish media!

Without sounding like a KerryFail contributor, have you pushed this to anyone that could instigate an investigation?

i just wonder if they will come out now and try to clarify that it is their insurer's investigation and not their own as they first claimed, they will be looking to put distance on any claims they have misled shareholders and the Lse

The insurers are acting on behalf of the club, according to Lawwell. It is the club's investigation. No way out for them.

It is worth recalling that there was nothing secret about our use of a legitimate tax avoidance scheme, in fact Rangers published details year on year in our accounts. By contrast what may now emerge is confirmation of a failure to disclose a highly sensitive internal investigation with very clear fiscal implications. This is a potentially illegal action and was deliberately and knowingly undertaken as a confidential and secretive internal affair that will have misled investors and sponsors alike.

Not declaring an enormous potential contingent liability is a breach of public market rules - will be especially interested to discover if any Celtic employees with knowledge of the events and investigation have divested stock since they acquired such knowledge, before it was announced.

Hopefully someone will now make an official complaint to the Stock Exchange or the appropriate body where their shares are listed. How careless of you Mr Lawwell not to have thought about that before you wrote your latest fable and passed it on to your useful idiots in the Scottish media!
There is a complaints page that's how it all started a few people on here and elsewhere filled it in

The story just emerged on the other thread mate, so no. My main concern thus far was to keep the issues separate.

I'm not saying, "why haven't you", just asking if you had. Do you intend on pushing it to anyone, might be worth making a complaint to the Stock Exchange?

Ok, just a thought but if somebody brought shares in them, then they would be able to register an official complaint with the London Stock Exchange. Would they need to have shares prior to the internal investigation coming out? If not might be worth a few of us buying the minimum shares and exposing them to the LSE? Thoughts?

Ok, just a thought but if somebody brought shares in them, then they would be able to register an official complaint with the London Stock Exchange. Would they need to have shares prior to the internal investigation coming out? If not might be worth a few of us buying the minimum shares and exposing them to the LSE? Thoughts?

No, because the information is now public.

You would have to have made the investment & because of new publicly available information that you didn’t know when you bought the shares knowing this would have influenced your share purchase mate.

If they have indeed contravened stock exchange rules knowingly, surely Lliewell would not be fit for purpose to represent Scottish Football on the various boards he sits on. He should be stripped of them immediately it is confirmed. We already know he wouldn't have the integrity to resign. DSK should send in the attack dogs.

And yet again be proven liars Yosser ?
that was my thinking grigo, either way they lose if indeed it is sanctioned by them ,then its looks like they at the very minimum have breached stock exchange rules, but if it is at the behest of their insurers then they have once again been caught bang to rights with their downright lying,and maybe just maybe other sections of scottish society will see a pattern of this shower and their constant deceit

that was my thinking grigo, either way they lose if indeed it is sanctioned by them ,then its looks like they at the very minimum have breached stock exchange rules, but if it is at the behest of their insurers then they have once again been caught bang to rights with their downright lying,and maybe just maybe other sections of scottish society will see a pattern of this shower and their constant deceit

Agree mate ;)

You would have to have made the investment & because of new publicly available information that you didn’t know when you bought the shares knowing this would have influenced your share purchase mate.

Correct Grigo. I'm pretty sure I recall that someone on FF (possibly even Suck) has said on the past they owned a share so they could stay informed on what was going on over there.

Any price sensitive information has to be released through an rns
(Regulatory news service)
This is for all companies whether it be ftse or aim listed
It is to stop share price manipulation and has to be released as soon as it is known other wise you can buy or sell , in essence making money if the news is positive and selling on negative news

Not sure how much of a punishment if any they would receive. The exchange they are listed on is way down the ranks and maybe doesn’t get as much scrutiny as others. Also shares in that market tend to be traded less which means dumping of shares would probably have shown up in the price

If

Thanks Grigio, appreciate your clarity on this - hopefully there are some serious investors out there that take them to task

This page shows volume of shares traded and the current price
https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/historical?s=CCP:LSE
Can the financially astute amongst us look back over a two year period to check if any significant volume of shares were offloaded during an “investigation”?

I don’t know much about this so happy to be corrected but if this happened then the individual doing the dumping would be in trouble not the company. While there are many individuals associated with them that I would I enjoy being shafted, i’d much prefer it to be Seperate Entity FC Ltd who are taken to the cleaners.

Would need to be a shareholder who held shares at the time holding them to task.

Or an advertiser? Would a company who sponsored them whilst this was being kept secret also be eligible to raise complaint? You’d think that these might be easier to get a response from?

After everything the “club like no other “ ( thankfully) have done to put the boot in to us over the years , Rangers as a football club should be all over this like a rash

Return the serve Rangers they bastards started it

I'll be happy to see this sort of thing contribute to their downfall.

The abuse issue is a separate thing for me. That's about victims getting justice.

This sort of thing shows that for all their mud slinging about our finances, they're due just as much and more as we received from a business perspective when you add it to their cover ups.

I'm sure the financial wizards who were so keen to comment on our woes, will be right on top of this!

Our support is far from perfect, I'm no angel myself but these fucking mhutants will deny anything and everything they've done wrong without a single sign of being embarrassed by the outrageous denials. No matter what evidence is shown, they'll never admit fault.

From bottling kids to raping them, they do no wrong. The Snow white of world football, every bastarding excuse is thrown about like shit until it sticks.

A rank rotten rancid club from top to bottom.

This page shows volume of shares traded and the current price
https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/historical?s=CCP:LSE
Can the financially astute amongst us look back over a two year period to check if any significant volume of shares were offloaded during an “investigation”?
From what I can see there were two significant positive spikes over the last 2 years both in July /Aug Most likely on the back of securing CL money and winning the league. The board must declare their shareholding’s so it would be rather stupid if they sold during these peak times given that an investigation was underway. Sales are easily traceable so I would doubt they would be stupid enough to breach the insider trading laws but here’s hoping. As Eliot Ness said “ follow the money”

Fantastic, but is this even being questioned?

Back