Celebrity fans of the famous

Really?

About 30,000 drunken Scottish rock fans from a mixed background watching a Glasgow band play the piggery and you expect no reaction to a comment like that? All it took were a few cheers answered by boos and the boots started flying. It was the seventies mate.
TBH a don't know if am just thick as shit or no but way the comment they made a canny tell if there one of us or one of them lol

I read it on a music site,the band name old firm casuals has NOTHING to do with us or them.

He also had a girlfriend from Paisley so who knows if her leanings were blue
Read an article talking about fitba, never mentioned he supported Rangers but he said the best pie he's tasted was at Ibrox Haha, no joke!

There was no waffling with him when asked about his football alligences.

“Protestant Boys supported Linfield and Rangers in Belfast.”

By the way was the uncle you referred to a science teacher in the Boys’ Model ?

No, but North Belfast / Newtownabbey is loaded with Branaghs and I wouldn't be surprised if he was related. The Uncle I referred to has now has now passed on, as has his son.

Lord Wallace of Tankerness. He is/was President of the Houses of Parliament Rangers supporters club. When Brian Donohoe was an MP , he was Chairman.

Alistair Johnston, our former Chairman and current Director, was a Vice-President of IMG the big sports management group. Alistair managed the commercial affairs of Arnold Palmer and Gary Player and that is how they got their shares. Dave King was very friendly with Player and had caddied for him occasionally at pro-am events. That seems to have been the original connection between King and Johnston, with Rangers sealing the bond.

Sure John Greig played golf against them, chapter about it in his book.

Back