The Other Side of Paradise - 1996 article on Celtic Boys Club

Bloody hell, just skimmed through that but horrific reading. 23 years ago and still they deny and distance themselves from this, it's frightening.
I'll butcher this quote but it's along the lines of if you've want to know who's in charge look at who you can't criticise. That's Them summed up in modern Scotland.
Angers me when I think of all the arguements and fall outs I had in 2012 for daring to challenge the endless nonsense written about us and how the same people: not a peep from them on this.

This truly is a national scandal and is clearly being covered up by those in authority whether they be at Parkhead, Police Scotland and/or the SFA . A full public enquiry with teeth should be instigated by the Crown Office and UEFA and not some 'wishy-washy' lets sweep it all under the carpet type of amateurish do-it-yourself bungled botch job that the current Scottish Government is famous for. Another shameful episode played out in plain sight with no justice for the victims as is the norm in Sturgeons Scotland.

This is exactly why an independent inquiry is required to get to the bottom of this appalling cover up. They all bloody knew, never mind big Jock ffs.

And yet to this day and knowing what everyone knows the G.C.C. still send their employees to children’s nurture courses at this den of iniquity.
It beggars belief that they are so bigoted and bias in their desperation to fund their friends that they use the chamber of secrets, it is basically bereft of compassion and openly sticking two fingers up at the very people who should be protected in this sorry mess.
They have become untouchable by carefully manipulating there own into positions of power through cronyism, nepotism and bigotry
Scotland needs cleansed and a good start would be an independent inquiry into the cover up as it would expose a lot of these rats for what they are and what they stand for

some amazingly bad luck that you grant permission to a paedophile to start a boys team and then your choice of replacement turns out to be a paedophile as well

Almost as if the only reason the boys club was formed was as a front for a paedophile ring, and Celtic covered up for them rather than risk young Catholic players going elsewhere....

The evidence has always been there but the authorities whose job it was and is prefer to ignore it and do nothing.Scotlands high hied yins are an absolute fvcking disgrace .

I know it sounds flippant but in 1996 the Internet was not a thing and as such, these stories were not given the oxygen of longevity to allow them to be circulated and digested as they are now. I remember these articles and it was not a secret at the time but they just faded away. Suppressed as there was not the feeding frenzy and access to written word as there was during our financial woes in recent years. When it went out of the papers it then generally dropped out of societies conciousness

Last edited:
I had always attributed those quotes about big Jock to Hugh Birt. Has it ever been acknowledged that Frank Cairney said big Jock Knew and was apparently there when the original cover up started?

Ah mean, wtf is going on with these cunts?

gn931.png

It's totally insane. o_O

I had always attributed those quotes about big Jock to Hugh Birt. Has it ever been acknowledged that Frank Cairney said big Jock Knew and was apparently there when the original cover up started?

No. In recent years Celtic fans have actually tried to backtrack on "Jock knew, but put a stop to it" to "Jock didn't know!" When that fails, they bring up Neely.

I know sounds flippant but in 1996 the Internet was not a thing and as such, these stories were not given the oxygen of longevity to allow stories to be circulated and digested as they are now. I remember these articles and it was not a secret at the time but they just faded away. Suppressed as there was not the feeding frenzy and access to written word as there was during our financial woes in recent years. When it went out of the papers it then generally dropped out of societies conciousness
This is interesting. The news literally used to be yesterday's chip wrappers. Now everything will be recorded forever. Even this post.

Absolutely mind boggling the change in society the internet has brought.

Celtc FC, from their Chairman, their Boardroom, their Manager Jock Stein, their Club captain Billy McNeil, all knew of this horrific scandal but refused to contact the police. That they actually have statues of Stein and McNeil outside the Piggery is disturbing. Any decent person would wish them torn to the ground and demolished.

Shutemdoon. Bulldoze the piggery. Horrible chamber full of disgusting secrets. Ffs the big green brush must be working overtime with the sweep sweep under the papists rug.

I know it sounds flippant but in 1996 the Internet was not a thing and as such, these stories were not given the oxygen of longevity to allow stories to be circulated and digested as they are now. I remember these articles and it was not a secret at the time but they just faded away. Supressed as there was not the feeding frenzy and access to written word as there was during our financial woes in recent years. When it went out of the papers it then generally dropped out of societies conciousness
Very valid point.

Why do that mob get so upset when it's spoken about Big Joke Knew it's well documented it's the truth and he never reported them to the police.
It seems clear cut to me and every normal person, that he covered up child abuse time to take the blinkers off and tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Cairney admits Stein knew about Torbett and kicked him out

No more denials Timmy

Your greatest ever manager was a paedo harbouring bastard

It was a police matter

Just think how many innocent victims could have been saved from years of abuse if Stein Kelly and McGinn had contacted police and got Torbett jailed in the 1970’s

A f.ucking disgrace

I can't add any thing to what others have said in terms of the content, but what a difference 23 years makes in terms of the standard of journalism.

Not one person in the Scottish Media would write that now, and that says a lot about this shitty wee country.

Totally disgusting that these professional human beings knew about this evil crime against young boys for so long and did nothing but hide the facts
Police Scotland should now be bringing in all involved who ever they may be and carry out a full investigation and take appropriate actions.
UK and Scottish government along with SFF,SPL should now get all information on them and punish all involved including club.
WATP

Can't believe they gave cairney a page to defend himself.
Also I hate the line 'to torbetts credit he admitted the offences'. GTF

Of on a tangent, I was watching Redacted Tonight with Lee Camp on RT.
He reported about abuse and the Boy Scouts of America.
To sum up his opinion
'why is this organisation still in existence'.
Quite right

an article that was written 23 years ago about all the disgusting acts that happened within that rancid club and not one of that board have ever been brought to justice...not phuckin one and still to this day our MSM haven't got the balls to dig deeper

may they all burn in hell

"I'm an affectionate big guy. And so are the players. They have no reservations or inhibitions"

The bold Cairney stated that in 96 and not one fucking journalist had the balls to ask him exactly what he meant. He followed it up with "but nothing shameful or indecent happened."

Now, it's quite clear that he was more than affectionate and he considered that the young boys having no inhibitions meant they were consenting and thus nothing shameful or indecent happened.

I know it's ok saying it with hindsight, but how could anyone have heard or read those few sentences and not sought an explanation? He is literally admitting that some form of sexual contact (or affection) had taken place and that in his mind the boys were willing participants therefore it was ok!

Utterly incredible reading!

Back