Patrick Thistle Rainbow Strip

LqKNhBJ.gif

I think the whole rainbow branding is a wee bit naff. However, if there’s one gay/lesbian/trans person who also follows Thistle feels a wee bit better or comforted because they have done this, then it’s job done imo. Nothing to get offended by.
That's exactly it.

It makes absolutely zero difference to me, being neither LGBTQ+, nor a thistle fan, but if it helps one person who is feel a wee bit more accepted by society (hopefully in 2019, LGBTQ does feel accepted. Thistle fans maybe shouldn't), then it's job done.

It may be a cynical marketing ploy but what harm is it causing - if it helps just one person then surely it's a good thing?

I find people getting worked up about something that will have no impact in their lives baffling.

I think the whole rainbow branding is a wee bit naff. However, if there’s one gay/lesbian/trans person who also follows Thistle feels a wee bit better or comforted because they have done this, then it’s job done imo. Nothing to get offended by.

Exactly. It’s reminiscent of the Eid post.

There is no harm in it, and if it makes one person feel more included then it is worth it.

Not offended by it by any means but, like others, feel it's a PR stunt.

You can just imagine them sitting in the board room coming up with ideas on how they might get more exposure or more fans in a city dwarfed by the old firm.

Fair play to them I suppose.

No real feelings on it one way or the other, although what I would say is that;

A) If ever a club would get involved in a publicity stunt like this, it would be thistle.
B) Not saying that it's right, but I imagine the players and fans will take absolute pelters from the opposition any time it's worn.

In British football, that's a brave brave move.

Its a Partick Thistle kit.

That's why they're getting ripped to shreds, not the rainbow.

True that, just taking wondering why it needs to be on a football strip? Don't all the teams in the league already wear a rainbow armband for one day of the season already?

The other thread was not a car crash. It was however ruined by the 'woke' who refused in any way to allow diversity of opinion. Ironically.

It was people challenging/asking a guy why he felt the need to call the flag "horrible" and "disgusting" at a school. He didn't really answer.

Ironically his posts showed exactly why this is a positive thing for Thistle to do, should be welcomed imo.

Although the strip itself is probably going to be honking. It is Partick Thistle after all.

Although part of that was that they don't do the same for Sikhs, Hindus or Jews. Or even Easter.

It was also virtue signalling and while not 'bad thing' was ludicrous arse licking.

Easter isn’t the same as Eid. There was a Christmas message.

Saying “they don’t do it” for other mainstream religions is surely an argument for them to also do it for them. However, such an argument seemed to be made by those not supportive of the Eid message.

Let’s try coming at it from the “great post guys! Let’s do it for the rest now hey!” angle; that wouldn’t suit the agenda but is the message they’re pretending to push.

Will leave it there as don’t want to de-rail. Religion is BS anyway, but again, if it comforts some folk..

Would love to see them attract a crowd akin to a Rugby 7s tournament, Rio Carnival extravagance with poached egg and smashed avocado in the kiosk.
At the end of the day it is a few diagonal lines and hopefully done for the right reasons and not to give them a bit of free PR and exposure but it's hardly going to make them better! even that horrific mascot went global and they were still shite.
I wonder if any religious leaders will be commenting?

True that, just taking wondering why it needs to be on a football strip? Don't all the teams in the league already wear a rainbow armband for one day of the season already?
It doesn't need to be, but then does anything?

By having it outwith that one day of the year where a rainbow armband is worn, maybe its telling LGBTQ kids that they're accepted the rest of the year too?

Let's get rid of Show Racism The Red Card while we're at it. It's offensive to racists and only serves to pander to the ever growing number of non-racists.
While we're at it, let's ditch Armed Forces Day and Remembrance too, also pandering.

On a serious note - I presume those who feel that the one day a year that rainbow laces are worn is sufficient won't be taking part in the annual FF "Poppywatch" - you know, that fun event where people watch TV to be offended at someone not wearing a poppy in the month leading up to remembrance Sunday.

Back