Platini arrested over giving Qatar the World Cup 2022

president-michel-platini-talks-to-celtic-chairman-john-reid-during-picture-id105991592

Mmmm......

A picture paints a thousand words.

In all honesty, they'd have died just building some other super structures in Doha, or planting the grass that needs replaced every month, or cleaning the streets in 45 degree heat with little protection.

The country itself is ultimately culpable for these people's deaths.
Might be true but many of the workers weren't from the existing workforce in the Country, the migrant door was opened to build their blood stadiums

Great to hear this, hope the fat mentally challenged bastard is jailed for a good bit of time.

Nations, especially European ones, should boycott the World Cup.

It sends so many messages in one manoeuvre;

People have died as a direct affect of this corruption, we won't accept that.
100's of clubs and leagues around the world will have to work around the World Cup schedule and teams will have players injured etc just to accommodate Blatter and his rich buddies.
Fifa don't have the game's best interests at heart and we shouldn't stand for it.

Change will only happen if we force it, unfortunately.

Listened to the audiobook 'Red Card: How the U.S. Blew the Whistle on the World's Biggest Sports Scandal' it really is galling to have it laid out what these arseholes get up to. Think they just kept going because they could basically get away with what they liked.
Does that sound familiar? same as in Scotland they think they can keep the lid on the biggest paedophile scandal ever and just treat people with contempt, it's disgusting.

Why?
Not as if there's no corruption in English football.
If we are awarding it to a country that appears to have less financial corruption then Germany should get it.
Well maybe because England didn't try to bribe fifa is reason enough.

I remember reading around the time of the award of the competition that fifa expected all officials to be given full immunity from the laws in the host country.

If that’s true, then I don’t doubt taking a few envelopes is far from the least of the criminality.

Now that would be a ridiculous decision.

It probably would be mate, but there's no way he's not in someway culpable.

He pocketed a lot of dosh to gift it to Qatar, a country that didn't/doesn't have; a) the infrastructure to host it and b) laws regarding the safety & wellbeing of a labour force. Turning a blind eye to the issues and not halting / intervening on news of the 1st death.

If they didn't have the World Cup, those workers wouldn't have had to have gifted their life. It's a direct consequence of Qatar being able to buy the opportunity.

It probably would be mate, but there's no way he's not in someway culpable.

He pocketed a lot of dosh to gift it to Qatar, a country that didn't/doesn't have; a) the infrastructure to host it and b) laws regarding the safety & wellbeing of a labour force. Turning a blind eye to the issues and not halting / intervening on news of the 1st death.

If they didn't have the World Cup, those workers wouldn't have had to have gifted their life. It's a direct consequence of Qatar being able to buy the opportunity.
I see where you are coming from mate but it's up to the government of Qatar to govern the country, not him.

Did Australia offer a bribe to FIFA?
No idea, but the way you were going on was as if the poster had pulled England out of thin air. Giving it to another applicant if corruption is proved would be the correct process. Whether it be England or Australia.

It's probably only England and Germany who have the infrastructure already in place to host it at such short notice so that might not be a bad shout. Long way to go before they even consider removing it from Qatar though.
The US also although they have the bid in for the other one don't they, or has it already been awarded to them?

president-michel-platini-talks-to-celtic-chairman-john-reid-during-picture-id105991592

Mmmm......
Indeed, although to be fair at least Quinn stood down after Platini and Infantino circumvented FFP rules and processes to cut the policing committee out of the loop and negotiate paltry fines directly with man city and PSG, for breaking FFP rules.

No idea, but the way you were going on was as if the poster had pulled England out of thin air. Giving it to another applicant if corruption is proved would be the correct process. Whether it be England or Australia.
You aren't very good at mind reading mate.
To simply award it to England would be corrupt and let's be honest they have plenty clubs manipulating FFP rules as it is so have their own wee world of corruption going on.
I purposely left out Japan, South Korea and the USA from my post because they also had unsuccessful bids but have held it recently.

I had thought only a hundred or so people had died building stadiums in Qatar but it's way more than that.

Absolutely shocking its been held in a desert with no football culture.

Speaking of Blatter. I see he is whinging to FIFA to give him his belongings back from his office. What belongings you might ask. A jacket or photos of his family from his desk? Nope! 80 watches, valued at over £300,000.

You aren't very good at mind reading mate.
To simply award it to England would be corrupt and let's be honest they have plenty clubs manipulating FFP rules as it is so have their own wee world of corruption going on.
I purposely left out Japan, South Korea and the USA from my post because they also had unsuccessful bids but have held it recently.

Every level of football has corruption. Not sure why you are so against England getting it. Don't need to take it so personal.

The WC should be played in Europe every time it comes around anyway. Fuckin Qatar, USA....what's next Australia!? :rolleyes:

Wonder what the legal ramifications are if they take it off Qatar. Already started building their stadiums which could now just be sitting empty

Wonder what the legal ramifications are if they take it off Qatar. Already started building their stadiums which could now just be sitting empty
A bit like they will be after the tournament.

It won’t be moved from Qatar sadly. Too far down the line. Remember seeing the fat repugnant moustachioed guy from the organising committee celebrating when the award was made. Enough to make you sick. Stank of corruption then and stinks even more of it now, years down the line.

Every level of football has corruption. Not sure why you are so against England getting it. Don't need to take it so personal.
The irony is staggering here, like properly bad.
What makes you think I am so against England getting it? I just think it should be a fair process if allocating it to someone else, you are the one taking it personal with that wee outburst.

Indeed, although to be fair at least Quinn stood down after Platini and Infantino circumvented FFP rules and processes to cut the policing committee out of the loop and negotiate paltry fines directly with man city and PSG, for breaking FFP rules.

And no fine at all for Liverpool breaching FFP

Good. Hopefully the start of football cleansing itself of many, many people that have no place in the game.

Including a certain British bank who provide sponsorship to a certain EPL club and who also conspired with the Iranian authorities to hide billions of pounds worth of financial transactions.

Last edited:
Back