Kosovo or Gibraltar for Rangers in the Europa League

Either Kosovo or Gibraltar.. Nobody has a crystal ball to see which team will win mate ...
No it was a question if Gers confirmed the away leg? as far as I see no such thing yet other than we know who we will face

KLM nae bother

06:05
Glasgow
Terminal M

1h 40m
KLM 1470Boeing 737-800

08:45

Amsterdam Schiphol

Change in Amsterdam Schiphol1h

09:45
Amsterdam Schiphol

1h 45m
Adria Airways 435Airbus A319

11:30

Ljubljana

Change in Ljubljana1h

12:30
Ljubljana

1h 25m
Adria Airways 838Canadair CRJ 700

13:55

Pristina

Prishtina have 1 Kosovo international.

A 3rd choice keeper with 1 cap.

Cheers mate. I did think it would be the case but just wasn’t 100% sure as their clubs will have next to no coefficient like us so feels more of an unknown quantity than getting some dross who play in qualifiers every year.

Stupid question hopefully but based on the Kosovo national team is there any danger we could get beaten?

Fitbaw is a funny old game saint.

Unless you have the Japanese running things there then it is a danger that we would struggle.

But I cannae see it. And SG will make sure we don't slack it in these qualis.

Kosovo is one of the worst places we could go to. There’s still tensions between the Albanians and Serbs. Pristina are favourites as well. It’s also very hard to enter Kosovo due to the situation. Someone will be running a bus there so let’s go.

A nice wee day trip to Gib would see thousands of Bears heading for The Rock. Here’s hoping.

Prishtina beat Europa from Gibraltar last season 5-1 in the qualifiers so would say it will definitely be Kosovo.

Summer, lot of folk on holiday, local tickets likely available. Anybody applying should get a ticket
Sounds good mate. Can’t complain at missing the 12th with being off to watch the rangers anyway :)

Maybe because there was a war in 1999 and sometimes it can be hard to enter Kosovo through the likes of Serbia.
Never heard of that and I have lived in the Balkans for years. Not that I will be coming through Serbia, likely Albania. Drove to Belgrade about 12 years ago from Croatia for Red Star game, not too many years after NATO had bombed the shit out of it. Had no issues using a Croat plated car. My mate (Croat) and his Serbian cousin gave us a great tour that night on the river boats.

Prishtina beat College Europa last season 6-1 on aggregate. College Europa are currently 9 points ahead of St Josephs therefore I think we can safely say Prishtina will be going through. Fola Esch from Luxembourg put them out of Europe last season on penalties so I don't think we are in danger of going out to them.

I said on the other thread, I've reserved digs in Pristina for 6 of us for two nights. It's an extremely basic looking apartment but for the price I can't complain, especially with some of the digs I've had to put up with in Russia and Skopje last year :)

I'll wait until at least they play the 1st leg of the prelim round before booking flights, I'd be very surprised if we aren't heading to Kosovo though!

Same as flying anywhere in Europe for the team. Around a 2.5 -3 hr flight
Flying to Pristina the same as anywhere in Europe? No. I don't know if the team will get a private flight but for the rest of us it's an 7-8 hour journey with 1-2 stops. Easily more disruptive than the other options which included Wales, Iceland and the Faroes.

There has been a lot of talk of land swaps between Kosovo and Serbia lately but can't see it being much of a problem tbh.

It might be played in Faro Portugal

They stopped using the Faro stadium a few years ago. Scotland humping them was one of their last games there. I had the misfortune of being in Vilamoura when the Tranny Army turned up

Just read the UK advice on Kosovo.

Regular violent clashes in the city with grenades etc.

And you have to keep your wits about you as their are several residual land mines.

Good luck to all those going!
North of Kosovo is a no go. Pristina is an Albanian supported team so bringing any Serbian paraphernalia will stir up trouble. Heard the pints are cheap as well.

Just read the UK advice on Kosovo.

Regular violent clashes in the city with grenades etc.

And you have to keep your wits about you as their are several residual land mines.

Good luck to all those going!

Be sound once they get beat and we’re off to Gibraltar.

I was in prishtina a couple of years ago. Had a great time. A very young city, the average age is one of the lowest in Europe.

Good beer, cheap and great locals. Very similar to Skopje for the bears that went to Macedonia last year.

Finally a chance for Grezda to shine! He started out at Prishtina so get him up front [beside the bus driver]

Back