Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to monder if we matched their bid he would come to us in a second. Guaranteed a game and learning under Gérard. Absolutely no brainer for him

Guaranteed a game?
Really mate?

He got a schooling off our midfield in the last game and he couldn't get near them.

He's definitely got potential, but he isn't close to a start in our midfield.

He'll have a better chance of a start in the piggery midfield, probably alongside Brown and McGregor.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a hot prospect on 50k a year to a mentally challenged millionaire. A real tough call from Turnbull's perspective.

The worrying aspect of this is they were still willing to splash in excess of 3M on a guy with limited experience. It kind of shoots down the theories that the mentally challengeds are hoarding the money they have for other reasons.

Let's see who goes this window and for how much. The net spend is what to look at

I think professional footballers mainly only care about money . I personally don't think anybody in Scotland cares about their paedophilia (except us). I don't go into other forums but I bet we're talked about for more than them. I bet our EBT''s are more of an issue to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/Motherwell fans than their bheasting of kids. Only my personal opinion of course. I can't prove what I think any more than anybody can say that players won't go to them because of their reputation.
That actually says more about Scottish football supporters than any think else.only in Scotland could a legal tax avoidance scheme be worse than paedophilia.

For that kind of money they will be expecting an amazing footballer.

Can’t see it myself.

They are paying Turnbull £20k a week, they have conceded after getting slapped by Aribo

Source is player himself which is why I posted he was signing earlier
Seriously doubt that. He has no competing offers to use as a negotiating chip to up their offer. They might have budged a k or so but they ain't caving.

If he signs it would be a good move for his bank balance but I would imagine not so great for his football career, the amount of talented youngsters who have gone there only to see their career nosedive in recent years tells the story. No idea if he will play for them because he hasn't been a standout against us and I don't watch other spl games to be able to judge him.

Rangers would no go anywhere near matching a £3m bid, nor would the boy be guaranteed a game.

If he could replacate his form from last season he would be an auto pick. None of our central midfielders came close to 15 goals. That's what we are crying out for

If he could replacate his form from last season he would be an auto pick. None of our central midfielders came close to 15 goals. That's what we are crying out for
As previously pointed out, he and Hastie were considered 1 and 1a in no particular order as YPOTY candidates on that Motherwell team. The last 4 games of the season, Hastie was benched because of the Motherwell supports reaction to him signing for us. Turnbull scored 5 in 4 and all of a sudden was the much greater prospect. :rolleyes:

People on here speculating sending Hastie out on loan and Turnbull will be starting for them? If that's the level of the summer signings, I hope to hell they are correct, cause we've stuffed them on these deals.

Big, big money for a boy with a very good 5 months at Motherwell.

Some would say, a tad desperate.

couple of family members of mine are motherwell season ticket holders and have been saying all year he has been the best player they have seen come through since Phil O'Donnell, I can't really remember that much about him so not sure how big a compliment that is lol

That being said I was also told Hastie was fkn brilliant until he signed for us and now he overrated and won't get a game apparently so......

Don't underestimate the McGinn factor. Playing to their mhutant hordes by not missing out on "Scotland's next biggest thing".

Wouldn't 3m have got them McGinn last season, until they fcked that up?

£3m fee and £1m a year wages. I must concede that is a fantastically magnificent offer.....for Mwell and the player. Not so good for the child abusers.

Say a 5 year contract for an £8m commitment to a 19 year old who has played around 30 games. That’s one hell of a gamble.

The official line now that he is signing is “ the lad just wanted assurances about game time, not extra money “ :rolleyes:

What a crock of shit that is . He and his agent expected more interest from down south and when it failed to materialise has gone back and signed . Either that or yahoo have upped the cash on offer .

Either way its been agreed to tout the “ assurances over minutes “line to take the pressure off the player after pissing them off big time by rejecting the contract offer in public first time around.

28 pages and 1385 posts (now 1386) on a player Celtc are trying to sign. Obsession at its worst.

I’m confused at how the Aribo thread is closed and this isn’t - I don’t care if they sign Turnbull or someone else does, bottom line is that we are not interested.

Surely we should be allowed to discuss our own potential signings, instead of theirs?

They are paying Turnbull £20k a week, they have conceded after getting slapped by Aribo

Source is player himself which is why I posted he was signing earlier
I normally take what you say as gospel but I heard very different figures, happy to reveal to admin my source.

if you are asking for the where’s, when’s etc I won’t tell you but he said it & I was present

Will happily tell admin

But to be honest doubt they will give a fck

Either take it or leave it, no offence bud :)
You got anymore info on Aribo mate??

The tims must hate the steelmen.

Firstly, Brenda left because Well wouldnt give them the ball back.

Secondly, Turnball has held them to ransom to gwt what he wanted.

Great stuff.

@MichaelGannon
Following Following @MichaelGannon
More
Celtic have dropped their interest in David Turnbull. Deal WON’T be happening.
More to follow on @Record_Sport

6:35 PM - 18 Jun 2019

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back