Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Response from Bauer ...

'Dear johnkp,

Thank you for your email about this matter which we are of course taking extremely seriously.

We abhor these crimes and our sympathy is with those who were the victims and whose lives were impacted.

We welcome both the Police investigations and the on-going inquiry which is being conducted by Celtic FC into this matter.

As a broadcaster it is essential that we remain completely independent and we will continue to work with all Scottish football clubs as part of our day-to-day business.

Best regards
Graham

Graham Bryce
Group Managing Director
Hits Radio Brand Networks
'

and from The Indigo Press ...

'Hi johnkp,

Please can you stop emailing us about this? You have us confused with another Indigo Press.

Our company was only formed in 2017 and we have absolutely no ties to Celtic F.C.

Alex'

Thanks John.

Changed indigo comms on the celtc sponsor list. It was wrong. Correct one is:

info@indigounifiedcomms.co.uk

My post has been altered.

They were trying to get a posthumous knighthood for Stein around 2007 which I think is when we started the BJK song. The truth hurts as the saying goes. They certainly wouldn't have liked it being highlighted.
Correct and the only reason they campaigned for that was because they could not handle David Murray being included in the honours list that New Year and being Knighted for his metal business. They are the most ignorant people around and being the Rangers chairman they automatically thought it was some big establishment set up. Nothing at all do do with Jock Stein's achievements at all. It was a case of how come he's getting one and we can't?

Since they brought it up we had to act and highlight Jock Stein's biggest ever mistake.

Correct and the only reason they campaigned for that was because they could not handle David Murray being included in the honours list that New Year and being Knighted for his metal business. They are the most ignorant people around and being the Rangers chairman they automatically thought it was some big establishment set up. Nothing at all do do with Jock Stein's achievements at all. It was a case of how come he's getting one and we can't?

Since they brought it up we had to act and highlight Jock Stein's biggest ever mistake.

Throwing out a paedophile and not informing the police about him raping children within his club was not a 'mistake'

It was downright deplorable
Stein has a history of deplorable behaviour
Ask ex cell John Hughes.... Stein didn't bother telling him his wife had suffered a miscarriage and lost their child. Hughes only found out two days later when a member of the press offered his condolences

A raging Hughes confronted Stein who only said "ach what can you do.... You're over here'(was a US tour iirc)

Hughes did not even attend Steins funeral such was his disgust for the man

Throwing out a paedophile and not informing the police about him raping children within his club was not a 'mistake'

It was downright deplorable
Stein has a history of deplorable behaviour
Ask ex cell John Hughes.... Stein didn't bother telling him his wife had suffered a miscarriage and lost their child. Hughes only found out two days later when a member of the press offered his condolences

A raging Hughes confronted Stein who only said "ach what can you do.... You're over here'(was a US tour iirc)

Hughes did not even attend Steins funeral such was his disgust for the man
I’ve never heard anyone describe Stein as a nice guy which is incredible considering the amount of people he would’ve met over the years. Says it all.

I've been having a look back at their accounts posted on companies house, to try and get some perspective for the £250k per annum being paid to The Trophy Centre. Turnover in 1986 was only £1.7m, whilst turnover grew considerably over the period of late 80's/early 90's - losses really ramped up until McCann arrived on the scene.

IMO it is possible directors were using the Trophy Centre as a front/vehicle to divert club funds during this period, as they new the ship was sinking. At the same time using the abuse allegations they had on Torbett to facilitate this.

I certainly found reading through these accounts on companies house, a great point of reference for annual board of director structure and club shareholding. Worth a look if you get a chance.

I have always thought they were washing money through the turnstiles or something more sinister,remember you used to just pay a fiver or something cash at turnstiles and no receipt or paper trail and say x amount was threre.

Also Torbett on occasions from depositing cash in night safe’s in the bank in Scotstoun, he would have cash to take to the boardroom inside Neverland after training now and again,who knows where the cash was coming from.

But know of a time he brought cash out from Neverland to deposit in a bank which went in a safe on Dumbarton road on a way home from taking a CBC player home@10.30pm.

Glasgow City Council gave an email response on behalf of The Lord Provost, Leader and Chief Executive and said, "We are commited to creating a safe and inclusive Glasgow for every young person to grow up in an environment safe from abuse and ill treatment." Then went onto say, "It wasn't in their 'statutory responsibilities' to do anything. Take matters to Police Scotland."

Last edited:
Glasgow City Council gave an email response on behalf of The Lord Provost, Leader and Chief Executive and said the usual, they don't condone child abuse then went onto say, "It wasn't in their 'statutory responsibilities' to do anything. Take matters to Police Scotland."

They are part of the problem NN and involved and entrenched in this whole sordid saga,look back to the 1990 or peak peado activity as I call it,Lord Provest Mosson was whined and dined at Neverland,he knew JT and him and his 3 lads were bitter republicans.

Was Salmond deputy leader of SNP then in 90’s,these guys would have been union haters and no time for us,but foremost been in a position of power to bag information and rumours from Neverland.

There was talk in the record (I know) of them trying to get a movie made of the man. No chance of that happening then never mind now.

Wonder if PS have interviewed John Hughes re McCafferty’s newspaper comments recently when he inferred some dodgy actions with young players

McCafferty should certainly be asked under caution as to what he means re Hughes actions

The police over the years have been negligent in allowing abusers away with crimes when there is loads of witnesses telling newspapers about incidents re CBC and CFC

- Gerry McSherry 14 man suspect list given to police in 1995/1996

- Hugh Birt interview in Daily Record in 1990’s asking Kelly and McGinn to act against Torbett

- The New Jersey expose in the Daily Record in 1990’s

- Books by Andy Ritchie, Macari Brady etc when they talked about dodgy events at CBC CFC

- 1986 article in the Celtic View stating the CFC board had investigated the scurrilous rumours re Torbett and Cairney and allowed the abuse to continue for another decade

- Lawrence Haggart a CBC player murdered and McCafferty calling the Haggart house the day he was killed

- The CBC scout who was reported in 1990’s and again in 2015 and an arrest warrant is issued and the alledged abuser is still at large

This list in itself should be grounds for a public inquiry into Police in Scotland given the clues and witnesses and the time it’s taken to get some of the abusers into jail

The sordid mess would suggest very influential people are controlling this scandal and trying to cover it up again

throw crime scene tape on pitch at start of game at theirs instead of toilet paper or anything else.

Not that im condoning throwing things on pitches of course.

Just a thought
I like that or a Policemans fancy dress uniform see all the board scattering for cover, see if that will make big Peter smile the f#cking rhat

I like that or a Policemans fancy dress uniform see all the board scattering for cover, see if that will make big Peter smile the f#cking rhat
I'm sure someone with the technical nous could make Lustig's picture wearing the police hat in to something relevant for investigating offences....

images

Part of an email from Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson this morning.

"The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this."

Not point scoring at all, that's just the appeasers way of shutting folk up.For me it all boils down to political expediency.All decent human beings know that what went on was wrong and to try to defend it is even worse.The politicians make an assessment of how their response will be taken and in that way converted into votes.There is of course the other argument of how high this goes, which can be politically damaging.In summary, I think Ruth and Co have decided that there will indeed be mileage in this for them.They also think ahead of us mortals and will probably factor in the Salmond issue as well.

Part of an email from Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson this morning.

"The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this."

I suppose it's good that a Scottish Parliamentary Party Leader has gone on the record to say this. But, this is what pisses me off about politicians - of every party. Fine words, formed into generalised statements that can be re-interpreted as required, at a later date.

" ... child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose." Everybody knows they were and still are not fit for purpose. Everybody knew that before Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was set up. Events dating back to the 70s clearly demonstrate that fact. Why has nothing been done about it in all that time?

"It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this." Again, that's a given. Wheres the action plan? Will all the other bodies and individuals who knew and did nothing also be held accountable?

A Daily Telegraph article from July last year said ...
'The SFA commissioned the review at the end of 2016 following an "unprecedented" number of allegations of non-recent sexual abuse in the sport, mainly said to have occurred in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s.

Investigators talked to 236 people and 22 came forward with testimony of historical sexual abuse concerning 10 alleged abusers. Allegations ranged from sexualised language and indecent assault to rape. Witnesses told how they believe football-related sexual abuse had contributed to deaths through either suicide or substance abuse.

The panel cannot publish its full report until criminal proceedings related to cases it describes are concluded. Its conclusions about who knew what about historical abuse and who was responsible were omitted from the document.'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ild-sex-abuse-scottish-football-review-warns/

Are there any more cases awaiting conclusion? Will Ruth Davidson's - and every other politician's 'commitment' to 'holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this' - be happening any time soon?

We should all keep pushing in every direction to achieve this, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been having a look back at their accounts posted on companies house, to try and get some perspective for the £250k per annum being paid to The Trophy Centre. Turnover in 1986 was only £1.7m, whilst turnover grew considerably over the period of late 80's/early 90's - losses really ramped up until McCann arrived on the scene.

IMO it is possible directors were using the Trophy Centre as a front/vehicle to divert club funds during this period, as they new the ship was sinking. At the same time using the abuse allegations they had on Torbett to facilitate this.

I certainly found reading through these accounts on companies house, a great point of reference for annual board of director structure and club shareholding. Worth a look if you get a chance.

Would be interesting to find out just how much was paid to the Trophy Centre over the years.

Most people (including myself) assume that the payments of £250,000 a year started in 1998 and continued until 2002ish when new CEO Ian McLeod stopped them Checking back, the relevant article never actually stated when these payments began.

Why would Celtic directors turn a blind eye to what they knew about for decades? There are only really two possibilities. My suspicion is that there was a financial motive. I don't think they were particularly wealthy.

Would be interesting to find out just how much was paid to the Trophy Centre over the years.

Most people (including myself) assume that the payments of £250,000 a year started in 1998 and continued until 2002ish when new CEO Ian McLeod stopped them Checking back, the relevant article never actually stated when these payments began.

Why would Celtic directors turn a blind eye to what they knew about for decades? There are only really two possibilities. My suspicion is that there was a financial motive. I don't think they were particularly wealthy.

Did Celtic pay money to Plarole (2 directors, Kelly and Torbett), or to Centenary Scotch Whiskey (Kelly and Torbett again).

Kelly is up to his neck in it.
McGinn and his Wife are up to there neck in it.

A good, investigative journalist would have this all road mapped out and joining the dots.

Instead in Scotland, A Fake leak, couple of transfer titbits later and it disappears from the media.

Don't really know or care for politics or politicians but The Conservative Party seem to be taking this on maybe they are just trying to " Point Score "

Id far rather have that mate than a political party denying all knowledge of it EVER happening to Hoor itself for the votes of one section of the community.

And we all know the party and what section of community it is.

C*NTS

Okay, jeest settle doon now and enjoy our draw as its not as difficult as last season's when the present squad was gelling in.

We have come on leaps & bounds since our last meet with progres and if it's them I'm 100% sure we'll see them off.

Jeest take it one stage at a time, yep it's an old phrase but it's a correct one.

Thanks John.

Changed indigo comms on the celtc sponsor list. It was wrong. Correct one is:

info@indigounifiedcomms.co.uk

My post has been altered.

Apologies, that was my mistake. When I looked at their site there were no links to companies so had to google them and I’ve obviously got the wrong indigo press.

Apologies to Alex at Indigo and anyone who emailed them. Mea culpa!

I wouldn't think so

is it possible an investigation never took place ? as far as i'm aware celtc said they were holding an investigation and it had lasted 2 years ??

i am of the opinion that when mark daly aired his program Celtc " investigated " their own liability with their insurers hence the separate entity afterwards and their continuance of " separate entity " then their recent claim "we're having an internal investigation "

I suppose it's good that a Scottish Parliamentary Party Leader has gone on the record to say this. But, this is what pisses me off about politicians - of every party. Fine words, formed into generalised statements that can be re-interpreted as required, at a later date.

" ... child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose." Everybody knows they were and still are not fit for purpose. Everybody knew that before Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was set up. Events dating back to the 70s clearly demonstrate that fact. Why has nothing been done about it in all that time?

"It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this." Again, that's a given. Wheres the action plan? Will all the other bodies and individuals who knew and did nothing also be held accountable?

A Daily Telegraph article from July last year said ...
'The SFA commissioned the review at the end of 2016 following an "unprecedented" number of allegations of non-recent sexual abuse in the sport, mainly said to have occurred in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s.

Investigators talked to 236 people and 22 came forward with testimony of historical sexual abuse concerning 10 alleged abusers. Allegations ranged from sexualised language and indecent assault to rape. Witnesses told how they believe football-related sexual abuse had contributed to deaths through either suicide or substance abuse.

The panel cannot publish its full report until criminal proceedings related to cases it describes are concluded. Its conclusions about who knew what about historical abuse and who was responsible were omitted from the document.'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ild-sex-abuse-scottish-football-review-warns/

Are there any more cases awaiting conclusion? Will Ruth Davidson's - and every other politician's 'commitment' to 'holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this' - be happening any time soon?

We should all keep pushing in every direction to achieve this, but I'll believe it when I see it.

"Are there any more cases awaiting conclusion?"

The current warrant for arrest that is outstanding -does this mean another "lock down" period where nothing can get discussed?
If this person is charged then this is another 9-12 months before any court case.

This is appears the cycle we have been through for a number of years,

In the mean time the perpetrator's still at large are getting closer to that age where they can not be tried either due illness (dementia) or death. (ie. Kevin Kelly aged 81).

The slow wheels of the justice system and the Scottish Governments lack of pace (or no pace) means that by the time we get a proper and thorough public enquiry the majority of these scum bags will be six foot under.

is it possible an investigation never took place ? as far as i'm aware celtc said they were holding an investigation and it had lasted 2 years ??

i am of the opinion that when mark daly aired his program Celtc " investigated " their own liability with their insurers hence the separate entity afterwards and their continuance of " separate entity " then their recent claim "we're having an internal investigation "

They’ve made a public statement which will probably prove you correct.

But how will the LSE react to this if it hasn’t been done ? I’m not sure but it is a PLC making a public statement that is a lie.

On the other hand, they may ( no laughing ) actually have conducted the investigation & so could be punished for not estimating the financial implication of the issue.

Interesting. Hopefully very interesting. ;)

Just to let people know. A poster has had a reply from Ruth Davidson. It’s on the politician thread post 289.
Personally I think we should have kept one thread on the subject but that’s just my opinion.

Sorry to be a pain

Can you paste a link to this thread or a copy of this reply as I couldn't find it (Its my eyesight!!)

Cheers

Either way they have been caught out lying. Just matter of confirming to whom.

They’ve made a public statement which will probably prove you correct.

But how will the LSE react to this if it hasn’t been done ? I’m not sure but it is a PLC making a public statement that is a lie.

On the other hand, they may ( no laughing ) actually have conducted the investigation & so could be punished for not estimating the financial implication of the issue.

Interesting. Hopefully very interesting. ;)
Catch 22 either way .
In fact , it's probably worse as they'll be punished twice now ...

Cunts

Back