Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

D9PpynDXkAAEu1w.jpg:large

Get a quote for that squad !

We wore all-blue socks for the Cup-Winners Cup Final in 1967. I've not seen any more images of blue/white though:

2e0nxaa.jpg
Not 100% convinced we wore all blue socks in this final. The photo above looks as though it has been colourised & whoever done it may have guessed what colour the socks were that night. We mostly wore all red socks whilst playing in Europe prior to this, so they may have been all red. Unless someone who was there can verify we won't really know for sure . Unless a real colour photo surfaces.

Not 100% convinced we wore all blue socks in this final. The photo above looks as though it has been colourised & whoever done it may have guessed what colour the socks were that night. We mostly wore all red socks whilst playing in Europe prior to this, so they may have been all red. Unless someone who was there can verify we won't really know for sure . Unless a real colour photo surfaces.

It's a really bad colourisation.

It was taken from an old book I've had since the late 70s but I don't know where they got it from tbh.

Maybe some of our older member who were there can remember??

It was! Rangers v Bayern was on STV. Celtic v Inter was on BBC. I remember it well. The kick-offs were staggered at the request of the police. We kicked off at 7.30. They started at 8pm. Because of the extra time they didn't finish until close to 10.30pm. I just got home as the penalty shootout started and I saw it live.

You're right mate. Here's the Evening Times of that day and if you slide along to the TV page (8) it shows our game on in full on STV from 7:20 with the second half of their game on BBC-1 from 9:20, which was obviously extended with the extra time and penalties. What a night!

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2mus-XyGPC0C&dat=19720419&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

It was! Rangers v Bayern was on STV. Celtic v Inter was on BBC. I remember it well. The kick-offs were staggered at the request of the police. We kicked off at 7.30. They started at 8pm. Because of the extra time they didn't finish until close to 10.30pm. I just got home as the penalty shootout started and I saw it live.
Only the extra time was shown live as I recall.

Back