Argentine Superliga

For those who enjoy their once a season fix of Argentinian football, the Superclassico is at 21:05(UK time) on Sunday.

Game isn't live on UK tv.

Racing are celebrating the 50th anniversary of their Intercontinental defeat of Celtic. This is the goal that won the game in Montevideo:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/926879625141211137

This is the commemorative strip they'll be wearing in tonight's game against Talleres.

2wq606r.jpg

What's the best way to go about getting tickets for Boca?

Couple of us going to Buenos Aires in April looking to take in a game.

For Boca and River you'll have to buy a 'tourist' ticket. You'll be able to do this through companies you find online or through your hotel etc........ These tickets are more expensive because every game is sold out to s/t holders so this is the only way.

I don't know if the thread is still there, but a poster on the old forum said he had a contact for getting tickets. If you have a look (if the search function is still working) then you may be able to get the name of the poster and contact him on here.

Nowhere near the same thing but you could always try some of the other clubs if you can't get tickets for a Boca game. If you get tourist tickets for Argentinos Juniors they'll give you a tour of the museum and they used to let you on the pitch after the match (don't know if this is still the case).

There are loads of teams in BA so plenty of oppertunities.

I'm watching on Bein sports. Pity as I prefer to watch these games with the mad Argentinian commentary haha

Missed the foul for the sending off and the goal due to my link buffering like mad.

Do you have a decent link Doc, struggling to find one.

Was it a deserved sending off?

Missed the foul for the sending off and the goal due to my link buffering like mad.

Do you have a decent link Doc, struggling to find one.

Was it a deserved sending off?

Definite red - think De Jong's tackle that never got a red in the WC.

Can't post the link I am watching. If you strikeout then I'm sure you'll find something.

Victory for Boca and with San Lorenzo also losing this weekend they've all but wrapped up the title (after 8 games).

A fine win at the Chicken House!

We'll be in BA in February. The wife is from BA province so with friends and family in the city, we should be able to get tickets.

I can let you know how easy it is.

Good game spoiled slightly by the officials (Boca red, River disallowed goal).

Enjoy your loooooong title party. :D

Aye indeed. It definitely delivered this time.

Ruins my argument, though, to anyone that’ll listen that it’s the most competitive league in the world in terms of how many teams win it and how close it tends to be.

Clearly Boca could throw it away but the way they are playing at the moment it doesn’t look like it, although they’ve yet to hit the inevitable dip, it’s just whether others can capitalise.

GBS has done an incredible job so far. This could be Boca’s best team since the 2007 Libertadores winning team?

Aye indeed. It definitely delivered this time.

Ruins my argument, though, to anyone that’ll listen that it’s the most competitive league in the world in terms of how many teams win it and how close it tends to be.

Clearly Boca could throw it away but the way they are playing at the moment it doesn’t look like it, although they’ve yet to hit the inevitable dip, it’s just whether others can capitalise.

GBS has done an incredible job so far. This could be Boca’s best team since the 2007 Libertadores winning team?

Think this season is one of those perfect storms.

Boca have had no Continental games and all the travel; River, Lanus, Racing and Independiente have been playing reserve teams in the league to concentrate on Continental games; the likes of River, Racing etc......lost their best players in the last transfer window and didn't replace them - Boca kept theirs; etc....

Aye, no continental games has definitely helped, along with the other reasons you mention, but it’s allowed them to keep the momentum going from last season.

It remains to be seen if they can hold on to players and how they will do on their return to Libertadores.

What a bastard it’s been trying to see games this season and it’s been mostly highlights for me so far. Hopefully that app recommended earlier in the thread will deliver for most games.

Aye, no continental games has definitely helped, along with the other reasons you mention, but it’s allowed them to keep the momentum going from last season.

It remains to be seen if they can hold on to players and how they will do on their return to Libertadores.

What a bastard it’s been trying to see games this season and it’s been mostly highlights for me so far. Hopefully that app recommended earlier in the thread will deliver for most games.

Tevez will more than likely come back so that will probably compensate for the loss of the likes of Pavon.

Haven't watched as many games this season due to no Youtube, but that is probably down to habit (and the guaranteed quality of the stream) because the streams are mostly still available elsewhere.

If the aforementioned app is good for showing Argie games then it will deliver.
The only time it doesn't work well is when there is live EPL on.

Talk in Argentina that Tevez could be returning to Boca in January.

Also, Gallardo is quoted as saying that he wants to stay at River. Any decision is up to the Board. Bit of a volte face as he had indicated that he was going to leave - still think that would be the best decision.

Back