Benitez confirmed to leave Newcastle United

Barring a couple of decent players their squad is still mostly what they had in the Championship in 16/17. Benitez has done a great job in comfortably keeping them up the last two seasons.

Having a top manager who they loved was about all the Newcastle fans had left. They certainly won't upgrade on him so I'd fancy them to go down next season now.

You are saying the squad they had in the Championship like it was a Championship squad though....as an addition they have done loads of business since then

"great" meh, its decent/good but "great" meh ok, it's not what I would consider great personally.

A decent manager will most likely keep them up next season - a good few teams in that league are equally bland

Barring a couple of decent players their squad is still mostly what they had in the Championship in 16/17. Benitez has done a great job in comfortably keeping them up the last two seasons.

Having a top manager who they loved was about all the Newcastle fans had left. They certainly won't upgrade on him so I'd fancy them to go down next season now.
Exactly. Who does he think Ashley is going to replace him with?

You are saying the squad they had in the Championship like it was a Championship squad though....as an addition they have done loads of business since then

"great" meh, its decent/good but "great" meh ok, it's not what I would consider great personally.

A decent manager will most likely keep them up next season - a good few teams in that league are equally bland

It was a good Championship squad but easily among the bottom 5 in the EPL quality-wise. It took them to last season to break their own transfer record set in 2005 and their best player was Rondon who was on loan from Championship West Brom.

To finish 10th then 13th respectively is pretty good going IMO.

I dont think Gerrard would work for a fat wanker like Ashley. Also Newcastle are a bit if a basket case of a club while that fat lady's front bottom is at the helm Gerrard is not that daft.

Gerrard also thinks very highly of Benitez, judging by his most recent book. I’m sure Benitez will warn Gerrard exactly what he would be getting into if he was even considering it.

Newcastle fans need to get smart, mobilise and start boycotting merchandise etc.. but more so they need to boycott games en masse.

I am sure a fan rep was already told he wouldn't care about them boycotting games as its only a fraction of revenue.

It was a good Championship squad but easily among the bottom 5 in the EPL quality-wise. It took them to last season to break their own transfer record set in 2005 and their best player was Rondon who was on loan from Championship West Brom.

To finish 10th then 13th respectively is pretty good going IMO.

It was by a country mile the best squad in the Championship and by your own omission a bottom 5 EPL side...

He hasn't done anything with them that is great or a miracle.

He has taken a decent group of EPL player to a decent EPL finish....

Garry Monk is the favourite to replace him.
The cheap version which will suit Ashley. I believe Benitez was told his budget was £50M, anything more he had to sell to raise money. Almost every team in the league has a bigger budget than that.

The best thing that's happened to Newcastle in years and the fat man f*cks it up.

Rafa game that c*nt Ashley plenty of chances to show he was a man of his word, if Rafa had bothered to ask anyone he would have seen sense and moved on a year or 2 ago.

It was by a country mile the best squad in the Championship and by your own omission a bottom 5 EPL side...

He hasn't done anything with them that is great or a miracle.

He has taken a decent group of EPL player to a decent EPL finish....

Well they only won the Championship title due to Brighton making an arse of it in the last few weeks of the season so it didn't seem they had by far and away the best squad.

I wouldn't be that arsed about it if I was a Newcastle fan.

His team have predominantly been pish to watch

He has mostly been relying on signings from recently relegated EPL clubs like Rondon, Federico Fernandez or loans from abroad.

I think he's done a fantastic job and if a new manager comes in he will struggle to keep them up with that squad of players.

Well they only won the Championship title due to Brighton making an arse of it in the last few weeks of the season so it didn't seem they had by far and away the best squad.

**not comparing the two **

Ally McCoist had the best squad in the Scottish Championship and didn't win it, it happens.

Last edited:
He has mostly been relying on signings from recently relegated EPL clubs like Rondon, Federico Fernandez or loans from abroad.

I think he's done a fantastic job and if a new manager comes in he will struggle to keep them up with that squad of players.

The first part of your point, in some ways is utterly redundant given EPL sides spend loads of money on players, Rondon for example was a player West Brom had signed for 12 million..... he loaned a player worth 12 million pounds - that and it is literally Benitez himself who consciously decided the players were of a suitable talent level that he would sign them.... the additions of Murphy, Murphy, Lejenue and Muto just don't really meet your criteria either.

Grand for you that you think he has done a fantastic job, I don't.

Newcastle are my English team and it is a joke to see how fat mike is treating the club. Since Rafa has been there his net spend on players is -£11.2m. In that time there has been two seasons of EPL TV money plus the revenue from Championship season and attendances.

Fat Mike doesn't give a toss about the club and is only interested in pocketing the money.

It''s the reason I am so happy that King and the three bears managed to stop that scumbag taking over at Ibrox as he would have destroyed it with some cheap option as manager.

Watch Mike try and bring in Lee Bowyer as manager to try get the fans on side with his links to the club.

1. appoint Keane
2. sack Keane in December with them deep in relegation trouble
3. lennon simultaneously sacked for being 10 behind us
4. announce keane at theatre of shame

Really hope so, Keane being their manager would end ALL hopes of Paedo FC winning 9 in a row - never mind ten!

The first part of your point, in some ways is utterly redundant given EPL sides spend loads of money on players, Rondon for example was a player West Brom had signed for 12 million..... he loaned a player worth 12 million pounds - that and it is literally Benitez himself who consciously decided the players were of a suitable talent level that he would sign them.... the additions of Murphy, Murphy, Lejenue and Muto just don't really meet your criteria either.

Grand for you that you think he has done a fantastic job, I don't.

The point is he was relying on bargain basement signings in EPL terms made up of loan deals and nominal fees. They only recently broke their transfer record when they signed Almiron.

I feel he's been treated very shoddily and no doubt been lied to countless times by Mike Ashley.

Fatty must have someone lined up, cheaper (of course).

29lxlko.jpg

The point is he was relying on bargain basement signings in EPL terms made up of loan deals and nominal fees. They only recently broke their transfer record when they signed Almiron.

I don't consider loans worth 12 million and players worth 6, 7 or 8 million bargain basement additions, that's even with over looking the fact he was given 30 million to spend on a player.

There are things that should be and things that are.

Ashley is a lady's front bottom, its well known he is a lady's front bottom and working under him evidently isn't a dream - it is though still a well paid job, for an EPL club with a competitive wage bill who spend money on players.

A job Benitez consciously took the decision to take.

Given the circumstance of what he works in, which isn't building football stadia in Qatar - he has done ok.

Either the new owners don't want him or the sale isn't going though and they want a cheaper option.

We will soon find out

Gerrard also thinks very highly of Benitez, judging by his most recent book. I’m sure Benitez will warn Gerrard exactly what he would be getting into if he was even considering it.

Any manager who has any self respect and ambition will avoid that job like the plague. While that fat disease has control of the club it's going no where.

Its ashame aswell because there is potential there for Newcastle to be a top 6 club IMO. They have the fan base there and they regularly attract big crowds at home matches. With the right owners in place then who knows how far they could go.

Garry Monk.

Having a chairman and a manager who don't really care about the club and are in it for themselves seems like the type of thing that happens to Newcastle.

Why this man has anything to do with football clubs is astonishing he is toxic. The football authorities must act to eradicate him and his placements.

new Daily Mail article:
REVEALED: Benitez quit Newcastle after falling out with Mike Ashley over control of transfers, a shelved training ground revamp and his fears the owner only ever wanted to avoid relegation

Back