Safe Standing - Thoughts

billyfenlon

Official Ticketer
What is anyone's thought in sage standing?

Be it starts in the BF but maybe all lower decks including the enclosures?

Admittedly it would involve quite a few ST transfers.......

It’ll never happen because the paedo children molesters will be dead buried and in jail by the time it could be done. So we’ll be in the EPL by then and need to fly with FA rules.

Well Mr Fenion.

I'll bite.

Should be the Broomloan Front. Hopefully in time for 2022 ;)

No no and fu.cking no

We cannot have Safe-Standing in an area where there is a chance we could even surrender a portion of it ie in Europe or the cups etc

Some pictures to illustrate my point

Man U in 2010

WbjeJ9v.jpg

Stuttgart in 2003

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/champions-league-0304-glasgow-glasgow-rangers-vfb-stuttgart-21-Ibrox-picture-id52884632?s=2048x2048

Hibs in 2006

CxYPgDPVEAEOesj.jpg

Partick Thistle 2008

L0aKcgj.png

Burnley

CooICvzWYAAuPA7.jpg

Copland front, plenty notice to people sitting there, give them 15-20% off ST as goodwill gesture for moving them then let it grow round GE corner into GF.
I've said it before. If we use the CF we will have to use the entire CF and the corner section too. I think that might be too big.

In the end I reckon we will get a corner section like the piggery has

Safe standing should be behind the goal in either the BF or CF. Like nearly every other club in Europe they give the hardcore a great position.

The fact we are so far behind with this is an absolute joke. There is no reason whatsoever we couldn't have an end like Rapid Vienna, every club in Germany, Spain etc. Having big crowds is not an excuse when the biggest clubs in the world managed to accommodate an Ultras/standing section.

Safe standing should be behind the goal in either the BF or CF. Like nearly every other club in Europe they give the hardcore a great position.

The fact we are so far behind with this is an absolute joke. There is no reason whatsoever we couldn't have an end like Rapid Vienna, every club in Germany, Spain etc. Having big crowds is not an excuse when the biggest clubs in the world managed to accommodate an Ultras/standing section.

Excellent post.

We’d probably have to give away fans the Copland if it came to it.

There’s no way we could allow away supporters to sit in our safe standing section. The mentally challengeds would just rip it apart.

It will never happen because people will bitch and fight over it until such point the club throw their arms up in the air and say '%^*& it'

Ive sat in this seat for x amount of years and I own it loyal...

In the end I reckon we will get a corner section like the piggery has
I would rather not get SS at all than have it relegated into the corner. Our corners are tiny and putting SS in there wouldn’t be worth it.

We should be looking at what German clubs have rather than the bheasts, as they have the vast majority of their SS directly behind the goal. I recommend we put the SS in the Copland stand

I reckon the club need to be sensitive to current ST holders in whichever section they want to implement this, but eventually something needs to give in the name of progress.

I reckon the club need to be sensitive to current ST holders in whichever section they want to implement this, but eventually something needs to give in the name of progress.

I agree mate and don't want anyone to feel they are being 'thrown out' of their seat. They could be given discounted ST in other areas or something, but there needs to be a bit of strength shown by the club.

To be fair we are so far behind because of mismanagement and the fact that we nearly didn't have a club to support.
We have had to spend money bringing the stadium back up to standard and at the same time trying to get a winning team back on the park.
Safe standing will happen but as it stands at the moment I would reckon it's pretty far down the list of things the club has to do.

I agree mate and don't want anyone to feel they are being 'thrown out' of their seat. They could be given discounted ST in other areas or something, but there needs to be a bit of strength shown by the club.

It'll be one of 2 ways: Eventually the hardline where current ST holders who are offered but don't want to stay in a safe standing section be allocated an alternative or the current status quo remains of no safe standing.

I would rather not get SS at all than have it relegated into the corner. Our corners are tiny and putting SS in there wouldn’t be worth it.

We should be looking at what German clubs have rather than the bheasts, as they have the vast majority of their SS directly behind the goal. I recommend we put the SS in the Copland stand
I hope you are right. But there are many difficulties in having such a large Standing Section covering CF + corner which would probably be 4500 seats.

The 2 enclosures would be the best place for it IMO or just the East enc. That was the rowdiest place back in the day.

The enclosures became the "rowdiest place back in the day" by default. The club had seated everywhere else and as we all know singing happens best in standing areas. Before they built the new stands the Derry was the place to be.

What is the percentage of season ticket holders in favour of safe standing?

We arent converting the whole stadium to safe standing so there's no need to have a poll as it will only affect a relatively small number of fans.

"no need to have a poll" WOW
The only people who should even be considered for a “poll” is the people affected by the move, so people in the area where SS would be implemented. The rest can have an opinion, but it’s not an important one and certainly doesn’t need to be guaged in a poll

tbh I would vote for it cause it looks brilliant and would improve the atmosphere, however its a selfish POV because I sit in the main stand and it doesn't/won't affect me. If they took my seat and told me I was standing I'd be raging lol.

Defo only the ones it would affect should be polled.

No no and fu.cking no

We cannot have Safe-Standing in an area where there is a chance we could even surrender a portion of it ie in Europe or the cups etc

Man U in 2010

WbjeJ9v.jpg

Stuttgart in 2003

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/champions-league-0304-glasgow-glasgow-rangers-vfb-stuttgart-21-Ibrox-picture-id52884632?s=2048x2048

Hibs in 2006

CxYPgDPVEAEOesj.jpg

Partick Thistle 2008

L0aKcgj.png

Burnley

CooICvzWYAAuPA7.jpg
Why does it need to be the broomloan away fans get extra seats?

No no and fu.cking no

Man U in 2010

WbjeJ9v.jpg

Stuttgart in 2003

Hibs in 2006

CxYPgDPVEAEOesj.jpg

Partick Thistle 2008

L0aKcgj.png

Burnley

CooICvzWYAAuPA7.jpg
Unfortunately you are not open to change and are fixated on what we has happened in the past - who says the away extension if required must go round into the broomloan - can it not go into the sandy Jardine? Should safe standing be approved for the broomloan.

You have made your feelings known on here that your desired preference is the Copland and strongly disapprove of any other comprise and are against anything other than what you personally desire and that is safe standing in the Copland nothing else is suitable

This wouldn’t be in view of the tv cameras
I’m confused with this. Why does it have to be in view of the tv cameras?
The argument always put forward is safe standing is to create a better atmosphere. For who then exactly, the punters at home watching it on the tele?

Why does it need to be the broomloan away fans get extra seats?

The reason it extends into the Broomloan as opposed to the Govan is that the tickets are less expensive so when the away team gets a bigger than normal allocation the club takes a smaller hit.

The club owns the seats, they can move people as and when they so desire.
A very simplistic argument to a very complicated process around 3.5k supporters in broomloan and Copland fronts.

The club will also decide where (if it comes) the area for safe standing will be situated.

The club will also take into account the issue of relocating affected supporters who do not wish to be in the designated safe standing area or the area offered is not suitable ( club deck for someone with walking difficulties)

The club will also take into account the numbers in the area where safe standing is designated that wish to remain in that area.

The club will also take into account where the views of current fans groups, where they are currently situated and the logistics of moving them to any designated safe standing area should the current majority of fans wish to remain in the designated safe standing area ( ie no room to put all members of fans groups in safe standing area). All variables need to be addressed regarding safe standing area

Bottom line the club will plan, decide and budget where and when the area for safe standing will go ahead after looking at the investment requirements needed, along with the benefits and logistics involved to the clubs ticket office and revenue in the introduction safe standing.

Not quite as simplistic as the club can do what they want as they own the seats is it?

I’m confused with this. Why does it have to be in view of the tv cameras?
The argument always put forward is safe standing is to create a better atmosphere. For who then exactly, the punters at home watching it on the tele?

I love seeing our fans on tv.

Back