Rossiter

Giovanni Van Henry

Quick question if anyone knows. Has Jordan been told to find a new club after Gerrards interview earlier regarding players who've not travelled to Portugal or has he been given an extended break? Just curious as he seemed to rate him last season till he got injured

I asked the same question earlier and was told in a few minutes always that he has been given an extended break because the championship matches finished later.

I think/know he is surplus to ...
He played his last game a month ago at least. how much time does he need off?
We all know he is not good enough, think he will find his level but not with us

Don’t think ability/mentality was ever an issue

Good to hear if true that's he's been given an extended break. Would be such a waste from the club supporting him through his injuries then when he's finally fit binning him. Hope he kicks on this season and proves a lot of people wrong
He’s in his last year, we either get agreement on an extension or we need to sell him and recoup some of our outlays.

Yes, who is he going to keep out of the starting XI? Aribo? Jack? Kamara?
I think what you may have meant to say is he may not be fit enough. The last few months at Bury have shown us he may have put these problems behind him though.

It's not as clear cut as just coming out with who will he keep out of the team though. If he's given the chance to impress in pre season and beyond let's see where it goes. To say we all know he's bit good enough is just nonsense.

He played his last game for Bury a couple of weeks before our season finished.
You'd have to think that if he was likely to be involved for us this season he would have been on the preseason training camp in Portugal. Unless he has some other issue going on that we haven't heard about.

Has Aribo even been confirmed yet? I can’t seem to find the original thread from earlier! ??
I didn't want to ask about him as there seems to be a distinct lack of Aribo related threads. Has something happened?

I didn't want to ask about him as there seems to be a distinct lack of Aribo related threads. Has something happened?
That’s what I was thinking too....I seen on Twitter it being suggested Arsenal had come in with a late interest....but Twitter can be nonsense at the best of times....I came on here to check and all threads have been pulled. I can’t even find the Summer Transfer thread now!! ???? I do hope we’ve managed to get it over the line, given he has a medical today with us.

C*nts couldn’t stop arguing about Ryan Jack and making up daft songs for Aribo - my thinking on why the threads were chopped.

I think a fit JR could take Jack's position. Only seen it in flashes due to injury, but he looks much faster and more aggressive than Jack. I like Jack, but I think JR is potentially better.
If we make the Europa group stages, we're going to need a bigger squad and rotate a bit, so hopefully plenty game time for JR, Doch & MCrorie. All depends on JR's fitness. Hope he makes it with us.

Its weird hes not in Portugal. I know for a fact Gerrard told him to get back to Ibrox a few days after his last match with Bury.

Its weird hes not in Portugal. I know for a fact Gerrard told him to get back to Ibrox a few days after his last match with Bury.

It is, you'd have thought he'd have wanted him there for the squad bonding, but maybe he needed another week or two rest. Hopefully Rossiter is in his plans. I think he'll be given every chance.

Jordan's the sort of player that you build a team around. My only worry is he's missed just too much football over the last few years and his development may have been stunted. Here's hoping he can make up for lost time now that he's fit. Unlike some others I haven't given up on him yet.

This is totally baseless, hes played less than 10 games for us

Baseless? You just have to watch the guy in any game he has played to see he has quality. I agree the number of matches he has played is poor but you can see by his attitude and the way he trains what kind of player he is.

You don’t captain England at under 21s if you have nothing about you.

You also can go on the opinions of the manager and coaching staff who I’d argue know more about players ability than you or I who suggest he is quality when fit.

Last edited:
Baseless? You just have to watch the guy in any game he has played to see he has quality. I agree the number of matches he has played is poor but you can see by his attitude and the way he trains what kind of player he is.

You also can go on the opinions of the manager and coaching staff who I’d argue know more about players ability than you or I who suggest he is quality when fit.
He wasnt quality at all when he featured for us last season.

The opinion of the manager doesnt necessarily align with yours given he wasn't taken to Portugal

He wasnt quality at all when he featured for us last season.

The opinion of the manager doesnt necessarily align with yours given he wasn't taken to Portugal

100% agree. When he started against Hamilton and Dundee he was miles off the pace and the lack of match fitness was obvious.

This argument on here is so draining.

We need about 7/8 midfielders in the squad.

We have

Davis, Kamara, Arribo, Arfield and Jack who are stick ons for the squad.

Docherty, Dorrans, Halliday, Polster, Rossiter, McCrorie and Kelly are fighting out for the last 2/3 spots.

He played 22 games last season including 4 for us. Doesn't seem a lot but when you consider the injuries, this is probably major for him.

I think if fit, he is a top player and could easily be first team for us.

However, with our squad, it's difficult to see where they all play and who plays.

He wasn't playing in the Championship. He was in the 4th tier that finished before us
Exactly. I could maybe believe the extended break story last week, but I very much doubt he'd have been left out of the Portugal trip if he was in Gerrards plans, unless he is injured again. Would make zero sense.

Yeah he was allowed more time off but ID10 said we have had a good bit of interest in him, he is on decent wage and in the last year of his deal and due to lack of football we’ve had out of him there is no way he will get a new deal.. best We now get a fee before he signs a pre contract in January.

Great , can see the way this will go :confused:

Yeah he was allowed more time off but ID10 said we have had a good bit of interest in him, he is on decent wage and in the last year of his deal and due to lack of football we’ve had out of him there is no way he will get a new deal.. best We now get a fee before he signs a pre contract in January.

We will regret this , there is interest in him for a reason .

He captained England u18s not u21s and that was 4 years ago.

Back