CB + Kent and we're done

Thomsons tackle

Does anyone else feel that we are only 2 more signings away from finishing our incoming business?

We currently have 3 CB's and Gerrard is previously on record as saying he wants 4. McCrorie is capable but I don't think Gerrard fancies him there and I half expect him to be loaned out. That leaves space for another. Preferably a left footed one.

We obviously want Kent but given we've brought in Jones, Hastie, Ojo and Stewart as well as the returning Murphy I don't think we'll look for another attacker if Kent falls through.

Bring 2 more in, keep Tav and Morelos and we're good to go!

In addition I think we’ll need another striker as I think Morelos will go which I wouldn’t be too unhappy about. I can also see bids later on for Tav and if they are outrageously high ( which they’d have to be) we’d have to take the money and bring in another RB.

dont think we need another CB if im honest,end of last season katic came onto a game and you know what youre getting with goldson. Edmunson coming in aswell should work as perfect rotation!

Fingers crossed Barisic comes onto a game aswell and the left back positions covered, id say were alot closer to the finished article than what people make out. Kent back would be the cherry on top though.

dont think we need another CB if im honest,end of last season katic came onto a game and you know what youre getting with goldson. Edmunson coming in aswell should work as perfect rotation!

Fingers crossed Barisic comes onto a game aswell and the left back positions covered, id say were alot closer to the finished article than what people make out. Kent back would be the cherry on top though.

We are in the market for a proven central defender to give us four in total. Edmundson will likely start the season as 4th choice, a young player who we are looking to develop.

Would like to see us spend a fair bit of dosh on a centre half. Pedro Rebocho if we sell borna a striker to replace lafferty and maybe see if we can get a loan number 10 from a premier league team.

Need a first pick centre back and Kent, and we’re done.

Would feel much safer with Katic, Goldson and another all capable of controlling the back line. Edmundson won’t see much game time just yet.

Get a left back if Barisic leaves. You saw how pointless Lee Wallace was, another one would be the same.

Not much need for a third pick striker when we have Stewart, Rudden, and Murphy.

We are in the market for a proven central defender to give us four in total. Edmundson will likely start the season as 4th choice, a young player who we are looking to develop.
Fair enough, the more the merrier i suppose, although would have liked to see mcrorrie get a chance at his natural position if it came to it

Do we not need a left back ? I say we do .
Of all the positions we could need a player, left back most certainly isn’t it. We have the World Cup finalists first choice left back, a more than capable Flannigan, and Halliday can also play there. I’m happy with what we’ve got but if we buy anyone, of more importance is a CB, and if we have any spare cash a GK (assuming the two leave), then a striker, then a winger. LB and RB are at the bottom of the list

Does anyone else feel that we are only 2 more signings away from finishing our incoming business?

We currently have 3 CB's and Gerrard is previously on record as saying he wants 4. McCrorie is capable but I don't think Gerrard fancies him there and I half expect him to be loaned out. That leaves space for another. Preferably a left footed one.

We obviously want Kent but given we've brought in Jones, Hastie, Ojo and Stewart as well as the returning Murphy I don't think we'll look for another attacker if Kent falls through.

Depends on the leavers.
We’d need to replace the two highlighted if they moved on.
Ditto if Barisic left

Do we not need a left back ? I say we do .
On paper I don't think we really do.
If Gerrard expects Barisic to play 40 games, Flano and Halliday can make up the difference, we might even have a young left back on our books.

If Barisic is in Gerrards plans, no.
If he is for the off, he'll need replacing.

We still need a left back.

A don’t think we really do , depends how you feel about BB I suppose. I think he will make that spot his this season, unless we allow JF and AH to leave then I’d imagine they would be used as cover for him.

I still think we're three quality signings away from winning the league. Aribo I'll say is one of them, a ST that will single handedly win us the league, spend a bit of money on him to ensure the league. A Kenny Miller 10/11 season style. 21 goals in 6 months before he signed for Bursaspor if I remember correctly. I'm willing to give Barisic a chance but ideally a left back that can do Tav's role getting up and down the wings.

There must be three of these threads a day.
“Are we happy with what we have”
“No we need a CB”
“And a left back”
“We have a left back”
“Barisic”
Cue a long thread discussing whether Barisic will make the cut
I understand you but that's because almost all of us are frustrated that we've not seen the Borna who played against us.

Aribo , Kent , a third choice striker and another CB and I’d be happy.

No we’re not done or at leastI hope we’re not done.
We have brought in a lot of players for remarkable low fees and while I understand wages have to be factored in I would be unbelievably disappointed if we didn’t sign at least 2 quality players.

I still think we're three quality signings away from winning the league. Aribo I'll say is one of them, a ST that will single handedly win us the league, spend a bit of money on him to ensure the league. A Kenny Miller 10/11 season style. 21 goals in 6 months before he signed for Bursaspor if I remember correctly. I'm willing to give Barisic a chance but ideally a left back that can do Tav's role getting up and down the wings.
Good luck keeping a striker of that quality, Morelos and Defoe all happy. We need a third striker but it will be a young prospect who fills in the odd game here and there.

Kent is probably our prime target right now.

I'm certain another centre back will come in.

Don't think we'll sign a striker as long as we have Morelos, Defoe, Stewart & Murphy all capable of playing there.

Left back I'm not sure, could see it happening though.

Think that will be our business unless there's some more outgoings to follow.

Left back is up in the air at the minute and I also think we need another deep lying playmaker

Not sure about this. Davis fills that role well enough for me.

Good luck keeping a striker of that quality, Morelos and Defoe all happy. We need a third striker but it will be a young prospect who fills in the odd game here and there.

Greg Stewart often played as a centre forward for Kilmarnock and Jamie Murphy has also played there a lot in the past. Not sure why a lot of people seem to be forgetting this when talking about us "only having 2 strikers".

I don't see us signing another striker unless Morelos leaves.

I just hope we can keep Morelos and the referees give him a fair crack of the whip next season.
A strict warning first, then next time a yellow card (applying the rules) for the thug who kicks and pulls him to the deck at every opportunity.
If that happens, it would send out a message to all the hammer throwers of Scotland then perhaps Alfie can get on with what he excels at.
Scottish fitba' would be better for it if the refs stamped down on the hackers and cloggers of our game, including 'lord of the clog' the lego muncher himself.

Not sure about this. Davis fills that role well enough for me.

Greg Stewart often played as a centre forward for Kilmarnock and Jamie Murphy has also played there a lot in the past. Not sure why a lot of people seem to be forgetting this when talking about us "only having 2 strikers".

I don't see us signing another striker unless Morelos leaves.
But we don't have a replacement if Davis is injured or needing rested at his age its a big ask to be playing 60 games a season

No.
We also need a left back and a third striker, preferably one good in the air for variety.

I like Morelos but the refs are out to book him for the slighest thing. Thats the problem, he's a good player but the referees want him off asap, the referees want to see Rangers beat although they still have to be as non biased as possible.

Some of the refereeing performances last season, especially at Ibrox, were disgraceful where they know they can infuriate 50,000 Rangers fans and theres nothing we can do about it.

Depending on Barisic’s form, we might need a left back. I’m happy to wait to see what Gerrard thinks of him in Portugal though. There is a player there.

We do need another striker though, especially when one is targeted by refs and the other is aging. The problem is that it might be hard to attract a high quality of player to what is clearly a third choice position. Ideally we get some young guy or relatively unknown foreign player who has a chance of stepping up. Doubt we’ll get better than that given the limited first team options. Other option would be to go for a skill set that we don’t have - a dominant aerial beast for instance - with an expectation of rotating the starter depending on opposition but I think there is often benefit to continuity in the key positions in the team.

We have a striker who hit 30 goals last season and one who got 8 goals and 7 assists in 6 months.

Depending on Barisic’s form, we might need a left back. I’m happy to wait to see what Gerrard thinks of him in Portugal though. There is a player there.

We do need another striker though, especially when one is targeted by refs and the other is aging. The problem is that it might be hard to attract a high quality of player to what is clearly a third choice position. Ideally we get some young guy or relatively unknown foreign player who has a chance of stepping up. Doubt we’ll get better than that given the limited first team options. Other option would be to go for a skill set that we don’t have - a dominant aerial beast for instance - with an expectation of rotating the starter depending on opposition but I think there is often benefit to continuity in the key positions in the team.

The boy from Helsinki could fit the bill. Can't remember his name but he was a standout in February's friendly.

The boy from Helsinki could fit the bill. Can't remember his name but he was a standout in February's friendly.

He looked more of a technical player. Not really the aerial powerhouse type. Looked pretty good though there was just something about him that didn’t appeal to me. I have a possibly irrational worry that he wouldn’t do it in Scotland. Drawing from the Ojo thread, I wonder if he would be able to ride being fouled relentlessly. Nothing to base it on. Just a hunch. I’d also argue that Defoe is one of the best technical strikers in the game. Doubt he’d start ahead of Defoe. And he’s a guy with options. Might be hard to persuade him to come be third choice.

Back