Turnbull's move to celtic could be off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’ll still sign but %^*& me he’s starting off on the back foot.

As it stands, the boy is an overpriced potential crock.
I agree mate. I'd say he has the same potential as hastie and we've got him for next to nothing if it doesn't work out then it's no big loss to us. But this Turnbull carry on with them has already got added and unwanted pressure on the boy and a big price tag for a boy from motherwell to go with it. He might thrive under the pressure but at the moment it's got disaster written all overbirb

Thought it would be something like this.

I know that we’re not flush with cash. And I never rated him that highly. But really. Would it be so crazy to just bid £1.2mill up front with a 10% sell on clause? If the stats guys are right and he turns out brilliant, it’d be hilarious. And he’d really hate Celtic...

The 'stats guys' who do those radar things are actually predicting the opposite and that its likely his form at the end of last season was a bit of a fluke.

I don’t think so. No signing could ever trump MoJo in the “get it right up you” stakes. That was a hammer blow to them and massive news in general.

If we signed Turnbull that would just be moderately amusing, no more than that.
The MoJo situation will never be matched, people just don’t get how Earth shattering it was.
I still know older dhims who remember where they were when he signed for us, they will never get over it.

F4-EEAE21-F406-4727-BAF4-11-FBAE0-C85-E7.gif
we should have signed the undertaker when he was younger, can u imagine him destroying "them"...;)

I agree mate. I'd say he has the same potential as hastie and we've got him for next to nothing if it doesn't work out then it's no big loss to us. But this Turnbull carry on with them has already got added and unwanted pressure on the boy and a big price tag for a boy from motherwell to go with it. He might thrive under the pressure but at the moment it's got disaster written all overbirb
Or the boy might do the sensible thing and stay at Motherwell for a season. He will get a bit of grief f8r the first couple of matches but if he cant handle that i doubt he is old enough for the move in the first place.

Or the boy might do the sensible thing and stay at Motherwell for a season. He will get a bit of grief f8r the first couple of matches but if he cant handle that i doubt he is old enough for the move in the first place.
I think Motherwell have the cash earmarked already. They'll want this deal concluded.

The 'stats guys' who do those radar things are actually predicting the opposite and that its likely his form at the end of last season was a bit of a fluke.

Kind of. His xgoals suggest that his scoring was a purple patch and he’ll be down to about 4-6 goals on average. But the rest of his creative stats remain very high. I’m not sure quite how relevant those ones are though.

Seen it a million times with young Scottish footballers. Have a wee purple patch when everything comes off over a short period of time. Suddenly they are the new Messi or something. Fast forward and the purple patch has gone, nothing coming off and it's back to reality - just an average player.

Seen it a million times with young Scottish footballers. Have a wee purple patch when everything comes off over a short period of time. Suddenly they are the new Messi or something. Fast forward and the purple patch has gone, nothing coming off and it's back to reality - just an average player.
Certain player that moved to Nottingham
Forest? Most disappointing Rangers youth of at least the last 10years. Could have been a player

I honestly believe the boy will go on to have a good career.
I don't really understand the need on here to knock what the guy has done on the pitch.
I get that as he looks Celtic bound we're hardly going to sing his praises but to basically rubbish what he's produced is bizzare. I mean we,as a support are lauding Ryan Kent who if stats are to be taken at face value, doesn't match up to Turnbull.

Btw I'm no great believer in stats. I prefer to judge with my eyes.

The MoJo situation will never be matched, people just don’t get how Earth shattering it was.
I still know older dhims who remember where they were when he signed for us, they will never get over it.
More so, as there was no such thing as a mobile phone.
Nobody knew about it until they either bought a paper that morning, or when they arrived at work.
There was no work done in the West of Scotland that morning.

I honestly believe the boy will go on to have a good career.
I don't really understand the need on here to knock what the guy has done on the pitch.
I get that as he looks Celtic bound we're hardly going to sing his praises but to basically rubbish what he's produced is bizzare. I mean we,as a support are lauding Ryan Kent who if stats are to be taken at face value, doesn't match up to Turnbull.

Btw I'm no great believer in stats. I prefer to judge with my eyes.
What has he "produced" though?? A few goals in a dogshit league against dogshit opposition.

Christ - David Goodwillie had a purple patch but look how that turned out. And there are countless other examples.

Strong rumours the mentally challengeds new DOF is going to be Jeremy Kyle
A spokesman for Celtic says it’s a good fit we need a guy who understands what it takes to play for us
And Jeremy said after I had a chat with the manager I knew I had work to do funny thing is though Lowell has stated my lie detector is not welcome anywhere near the ground go figure !

What has he "produced" though?? A few goals in a dogshit league against dogshit opposition.

Christ - David Goodwillie had a purple patch but look how that turned out. And there are countless other examples.
If he'd produced what he has for Motherwell in a Rangers jersey you'd be singing a different tune though. It's very early in his career,far too early in fact to consign him to the rubbish bin.

If he'd produced what he has for Motherwell in a Rangers jersey you'd be singing a different tune though. It's very early in his career,far too early in fact to consign him to the rubbish bin.
To be honest I wouldn't mate.

I always prefer long term consistency over wee purple patches here and there.

Everyone has a purple patch. But not everyone can carry that on over a longer period. That's what separates the genuinely good from the average.

Its all speculation just now but if he's failed on a medical condition then surely Celtic won't be able to get the guy insured which id have thought would be a deal breaker in any transfer?

More so, as there was no such thing as a mobile phone.
Nobody knew about it until they either bought a paper that morning, or when they arrived at work.
There was no work done in the West of Scotland that morning.
It was unbelievable, and the papers that day were mainly made up of the story on the front page and 16+ more pages about it.

“Mo’s Blue Heaven” I think was the Record title. He’d been paraded at the Piggery just a day or so previous with McNeil, even though he hadn’t signed yet. It was the ultimate ‘gotcha’.

There will never be a moment like that in Scottish football again. He’s still not safe to walk in Glasgow such is the wound he made to them. One that will never heal. Magnificent.

And yet folk on here were baying for blood waiting for the Aribo deal and any official comment!!!
Get it right up them, only one team is doing things the right way in more ways than one.
I feel sorry for the boy and I understand why many won't but this time last week he's turned down the filth and was headed to fulfil a dream of playing in the English premier, he's clearly failed his medical and I think his agent has then shafted him by hoping he'd sneak through with Timmy's doctors

To be honest I wouldn't mate.

I always prefer long term consistency over wee purple patches here and there.
As would anyone.
My problem with this "purple patch" viewpont is that it can hardly be descibed as a patch considering he's excelled since breaking into their side. It's been all good thus far.
One of the most important facets of the game is identifying potential before it fully flowers. That ability can save a whole lot of cash while at the same time be an investment for the future.
The great managers all have this ability,Ferguson, Shankly,Paisley,Clough and Wenger to name but a few were all able to see it in a player before most others even gave it a thought.

Don't belive it's drugs ... not even a stupid wee boy like that could be so stupid knowing he's likely to be undergoing a stringent medical.

As would anyone.
My problem with this "purple patch" viewpont is that it can hardly be descibed as a patch considering he's excelled since breaking into their side. It's been all good thus far.
One of the most important facets of the game is identifying potential before it fully flowers. That ability can save a whole lot of cash while at the same time be an investment for the future.
The great managers all have this ability,Ferguson, Shankly,Paisley,Clough and Wenger to name but a few were all able to see it in a player before most others even gave it a thought.
Fair points mate.

But I am not concerned by him turning up at the mentally challengeds if that's what happens. Not concerned at all.

It was like a punch to the collective solar plexus of every yahoo on the planet. They still haven't got over it to this day, remember MoJo having to pull out of a charity match due to the threats from the fans of open to all FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back