Ross Perry takes on new challenge at Darvel

Wouldn't be surprised if that dressing room puts many senior teams to shame.

Seen Micks video on twitter yesterday - He is certainly been backed with some £££ taking the good players from CP / Good players from juniors and Ex Pro will be interesting to see how he knits them all together.

They are paying huge money. There is also a project going on and the manager is a very ambitious guy who attracts players, there's no doubt about that.

The main attraction is money though of course.

Every few years this happens Maryhill, benburb, Kilwinning ,Irvine meadow, hurlford ( who seem to have got better on a smaller budget ) it’s not sustainable at junior level. I would guess Darvel are looking at god lowland league though that is just my opinion

Every few years this happens Maryhill, benburb, Kilwinning ,Irvine meadow, hurlford ( who seem to have got better on a smaller budget ) it’s not sustainable at junior level. I would guess Darvel are looking at god lowland league though that is just my opinion

it is sustainable if you have the correct backers.

Hurlford are backed by not only Hamiltons Tarmac, but if you look around their ground the track side sponsors are all multi million pound businesses in Ayrshire who ALL make a financial commitment to the team.

The others you mention were backed by guys who moved on , went bust or were not the usual businessmen you want associated with the game, but use the clubs for processing funds....

As an aside, if allowed, their friendly this week v Medda has been cancelled due to not having enough players available o_O

As an aside, if allowed, their friendly this week v Medda has been cancelled due to not having enough players available o_O
Aye 6 on holiday 4 injured but unfortunately for u they will
All be back for league cup
Section
We’re on our way

it is sustainable if you have the correct backers.

Hurlford are backed by not only Hamiltons Tarmac, but if you look around their ground the track side sponsors are all multi million pound businesses in Ayrshire who ALL make a financial commitment to the team.

The others you mention were backed by guys who moved on , went bust or were not the usual businessmen you want associated with the game, but use the clubs for processing funds....

Been to a few Darvel games over the past couple of years, good for a few beers and a day out with some mates. Will be at a few this season to see what the fuss is about too, our fixtures allowing.

As much as everyone talks about Wullie Hamilton bank rolling Hurlford, remember there are two Willie's involved and one is more silent but by all accounts more wealthy. Willie Hyslop.

Fair play to Hurlford too, they are reducing budget year on year apparently, while still carrying an on field threat.

Beith 0
Darvel 3

Guys take the vale seriously cause we are a top team

Don’t know about that mate.....

big bombscare Perry
Meggatt found his level at junior after somehow stealing a career at pro level
Miller overrated loud mouth
Even took bang average haxton from Coville with them

Back