Kemar Roofe

Doesn't really affect transfers down south such is the madness.

In a world where Swansea are asking for £20m for Oli McBurnie, Roofe is not going for £5m no matter how little is left on his contract.
When McBurnie was in the last year of his deal before signing a new one it was widely reported he was worth 4-5 million(and there were an awful lot of articles linking him to us at the time).

That kind of blows your theory out the water.
Of course someone being in the last year of their contract affects the price,that’s just simple economics.

Why can’t we look outside the English leagues for players.

He looks decent but will cost a premium, Also looks very lightweight for a replacement for Alfie .

I think the Jansson price tag, if true, maybe isn’t the best comparison.

Seem the remember Bielsa being fuming at him and dropping him after the Villa game with all controversy that went on. Jansson still tried to stop villa scoring even tho Bielsa had instructed team to let them score and he said after game he was livid.

So I might be wrong, but maybe he wants rid of him so price lowered slightly.

Leeds fan here .

Roofe is quality . He is easily as good as Morelos.

he is a 10 mil plus player.

Very smart player who links up well anywhere across a front 3 .

People comparing him to Waggy simply dont watch football out side the SPL .

If we had him defoe and kent it would be lethal

Wasn’t even sure if that part was real, reads like it’s been written by a 10 year old in a huff
Fair point.
I can’t help but read a wee dig at us in every piece just now.
I think I’m actually looking for it these days!
I definitely want always like this.

It makes you wonder if Roofe is a permanent replacement for Kent. It then enables us to have Morelos and Defoe as our central striking options.

I watch a lot of Leeds as I live down here.

Roofe is class. He is a very intelligent player with top notch movement & excellent finishing. He is also very professional on and off the pitch.

He is one of only a couple of Leeds players who would easily make the step up to the EPL & his injury at the tail end of the seasom was a big part of why Leeds didn't get auto promotion. Indeed, if he had played vs derby, i think its likely Leeds would have made the playoff final.

He would be an excellent signing. My only slight doubt is his recent injury record. He does seem to pick up a muscle strain every now and then

Doesn't really affect transfers down south such is the madness.

In a world where Swansea are asking for £20m for Oli McBurnie, Roofe is not going for £5m no matter how little is left on his contract.

Mcburnie scored 22 this season mate , will 3 years on contract , more assists , and is 3 years younger . Championship teams could possibly pay more , but that’s a good price for his last year .

Surprised at the Pontus Jansson move always rated him £5.5 million for him is a bargain in the market down there

Mcburnie scored 22 this season mate , will 3 years on contract , more assists , and is 3 years younger . Championship teams could possibly pay more , but that’s a good price for his last year .

Not a clue about what price Leeds would accept but Ill say one thing, roofe is far better than mcburnie

Morelos, Katic, Barisic, Gredza played for whom?

How many of them did we sign this season ? Grezda and Barisic were signed because we played their team in Europe, No doubt Grezda showed up when looking at old footage and Barisic was the best player on the park when we play them.

Morelos was known to JJ so that only leaves Katic .

Leeds fan here .

Roofe is quality . He is easily as good as Morelos.

he is a 10 mil plus player.

Very smart player who links up well anywhere across a front 3 .

People comparing him to Waggy simply dont watch football out side the SPL .

If we had him defoe and kent it would be lethal
That's the problem with a section of fans on here..if it's not Messi,Ronaldo or Salah every chunts shite!A name pops up that no one has heard of and the default 'no good enough for us'gets trawled out.Some still live I a fantasy world on here regarding where we are financially. Cant say I've heard or seen much of the guy myself but if Leeds fans think the guy is the real deal that's good enough for me.

He only really started playing as a striker under Bielsa last season. Played most of his career as a wide man.

He's a very hard working and clever footballer. He's not a poacher he's more of a team player with very good movement etc.
I watched him for a couple of seasons at Oxford, and he was played as a forward then. I haven't seen anything of him since he went to Leeds, but when I watched him he had pace and a decent level of skill. He is not what I'd call a "natural" finisher - or at least he wasn't then. He may well have developed in his time at Leeds, but the player I remember is not as good as Morelos by quite a distance.

He looks decent but will cost a premium, Also looks very lightweight for a replacement for Alfie .
Gerrard probably thinks players from English leagues in the price bracket we can afford are more suited to the style he wants and also able to cope with the style of league we play in. Gerrard and Allen know what they’re doing, and if we get Roofe signed that’s an unreal signing he’s top quality

The Records back page saying Sturridge is a target aswell and we are ready to sell Morelos, so one paper has us with Roofe and the other Sturridge.

Why is Jansson going to Brentford? Its not like they’re able to pay much more money, or have more chance of being promoted. They’re a fantastic well run club & they’re setup and recruitment are very interesting, but its near enough a step down.

Is he not guaranteed to be first choice at Leeds? Or being pushed out by the owners?

The chat is he has had a falling out and is a negative influence on the dressing room and he’s been told to stay away. However it must’ve been recent because he was a model team mate by all accounts last year? Must’ve been some fall out to be willing to punt him for well under what we could get for him.

That plus this Roofe news (although I don’t think it will happen as easily as made out) has got quite a few fans riled up. Some mad, mad business if it pans out like this.

Reactions: MSF
Kind of an irrelevant....
Nobody appears to be banging the door down for Morelos and not at the money we want for him. Maybe our best bet for maximum money is to keep him to January and then hope that an EPL relegation side try and buy their way out of trouble with a Morelos.

I watched him for a couple of seasons at Oxford, and he was played as a forward then. I haven't seen anything of him since he went to Leeds, but when I watched him he had pace and a decent level of skill. He is not what I'd call a "natural" finisher - or at least he wasn't then. He may well have developed in his time at Leeds, but the player I remember is not as good as Morelos by quite a distance.

i was going to say earlier he's a manufactured striker where as Morelos is more natural

Kind of an irrelevant....
Nobody appears to be banging the door down for Morelos and not at the money we want for him. Maybe our best bet for maximum money is to keep him to January and then hope that an EPL relegation side try and buy their way out of trouble with a Morelos.
Not irrelevant at all mate,fwiw I think if someone bids more than 12million with a hefty % add on we will sell,mainly due to refs having marked Alfie’s card as it were.

I also expect English teams without enough strikers near the end of the closing of their window will panic a bit and pay over the odds as a result-for that reason I’d gamble until then with Morelos rather than accept what is potentially an inferior amount.

It’s risky,but I think if our scouting and recruitment departments are on the ball with a replacement it would be worth it.

Our support would love Kemar Roofe due to his style of play and attitude. He's relentless - gets every where, strong, hard working and neat and tidy. Would give us options as he can play a number of roles. Much improved since he signed for Leeds and looked good under Bielsa.

Haven't a clue how much he would cost but a year left on his contract and may want to move on so Leeds either sell him or risk losing a player like Roofe on a free which would be a punch in the stones.

The Records back page saying Sturridge is a target aswell and we are ready to sell Morelos, so one paper has us with Roofe and the other Sturridge.

Verly likely it would be both with Sturridge being a free

If we sold Morelos and brought in sturridge, roofe and a CH with the proceeds I think we would be in a very strong position for the season ahead.

English players is where it’s at for us to be fair.

Even if the flop up here you can get rid of most of them.

If he is in his last year and wants to come here then the balls in his court, say take the £5m or else I'll join them for %^*& all in January

I'm sat in my work, in Leeds, talking to a Leeds fan about this. He burst out laughing at the £5 million pound suggestion.

I'm sat in my work, in Leeds, talking to a Leeds fan about this. He burst out laughing at the £5 million pound suggestion.

1 minute after the transfer window is shut Roofe is worthless to leeds as he'll hold out for the next summer and he had knee injury towards the end of the season

Verly likely it would be both with Sturridge being a free

If we sold Morelos and brought in sturridge, roofe and a CH with the proceeds I think we would be in a very strong position for the season ahead.

Sturridge is ‘a free’ but would likely cost an arm and a leg in wages.

Even if we sold Alfie for a good return I can’t see us going for 2 strikers at that level.

How many of them did we sign this season ? Grezda and Barisic were signed because we played their team in Europe, No doubt Grezda showed up when looking at old footage and Barisic was the best player on the park when we play them.

Morelos was known to JJ so that only leaves Katic .
Grezda footage was so old it was black and white

1 minute after the transfer window is shut Roofe is worthless to leeds as he'll hold out for the next summer and he had knee injury towards the end of the season

You're right. I burst out laughing too when I hear what I consider low Morelos valuations. But sometimes I start to think, can I be right and everyone else be wrong? English people scoff when I talk about wanting Dembele sized fees for Alfredo.

Back