Katic and Edmundson against the defensive sides?

There was one incident when he got caught with a ball over the top and it was either their 7 or 10..who were quick..in a sprint for the ball anf he jystvabout got there.I know what you mean but you can give up a bit of pace if you are a good reader of the game.Im same as you..it’s hard to judge after 45 mins but the signs are there.

You get a settled back 4, especially the CH partnership, this was what killed us early on last season, chopping and changing.

If we need to change Centre Halves to win against the likes of Aberdeen, Killie then Gerrard isn't doing his job.

The problem in these games are the midfield taking the easy option, the midfield not running ahead, the midfield standing still.

You get a settled back 4, especially the CH partnership, this was what killed us early on last season, chopping and changing.

If we need to change Centre Halves to win against the likes of Aberdeen, Killie then Gerrard isn't doing his job.

The problem in these games are the midfield taking the easy option, the midfield not running ahead, the midfield standing still.
For me kamara & Davis solved that hence the decent run at season end. Killie aside.

Since he has come back from his slightly shaky start last season, he's been phenomenal.
Considering the lad's only 22 yo, which is just a baby in Centre Half years, he's really proving his worth.
He's definitely in contention to be a rock in our defence for years to come.

Agree CC. And he really seems so settled now. He looks like a born leader ;)

Edmundson looked better than I had hoped today. Very comfortable on the ball and a great eye for a pass. Great to see him and Niko get game time together. Looking forward to seeing more of him, another potential bargain signing.

I think young Edmondson's going to be a cracking central defender for us.
I know it's too early to judge the boy, but i think he looks as if he'll settle into the SPFL. with no trouble at all.
He's calm on the ball and dosen't appear to shirk a tackle, and looks as if he can pass a ball also.
Which i think is an asset in the modern game now.
And it may allow us to play 3 at the back depending who were playing against in certain types of matches.Only a thought.?

Can't believe people are actually complaining about using the term low block. This is the terminology that is taught in the coaching badges courses etc

It may well be but just sounds wanky as fuuck. Like the kind of pish you would expect Brenda to come away with.

50 years playing and watching this game of ours and never heard of it:)

Is there a high block:)

Im the same and ive watched the game and played a lot of football over the years.Granted in my case it was a very long time ago, but im still bemused with some of the football jargon now.
As ive not got a clue as to what some of it means, when i played and coached, a fullback was a right or left back, and a striker was a centre forward.
Obviously my age has now caught up with me, as the modern game has now caught up with me now.
Hopefully some of the older Bears on here will read this and air their view, with their opinions also.Cheer's lads.

I think young Edmondson's going to be a cracking central defender for us.
I know it's too early to judge the boy, but i think he looks as if he'll settle into the SPFL. with no trouble at all.
He's calm on the ball and dosen't appear to shirk a tackle, and looks as if he can pass a ball also.
Which i think is an asset in the modern game now.
And it may allow us to play 3 at the back depending who were playing against in certain types of matches.Only a thought.?
He'll need time, its a big step going from an Oldham to the pressure of Rangers, but he comes across well and is a hard worker, like our Niko, which helps. I'm hopeful he'll get some game time this year and be another shrewd investment for the club, he certainly looked the part yesterday which we should all be pleased with.

It wasn’t a hard game for them but they looked fine considering it was their first game together. Edmondson looked like he likes passing the ball quickly from the back which will be a huge asset if the wide men and midfield can find space, I thought we were predictable and slow getting the ball from center of defence into midfield and wide for much of last season.

I know fine what a high press is. It's nothing new. Dalglish n Rush done it 40 years ago. I just don't know what a low block is. First I ever heard of it was on here.
First match i went to was 1968. I just like watching the fitba. Its all too clever now and not much better if you ask me

Aye this modern sports science is a loada pish. Alf Tupper had a fish supper and ran a four minute mile half an hour later:)
Aye and in odd shoes, one of which was bought from local market to replace one he lost on the greystone harriers weekly pub crawl.

Since Katic came back into the side he has been immense .He is doing his utmost to make it impossible for the gaffer to drop him again . The biggest differance ive noticed is in his mental toughness , we all knew he had ability but at times it looked like his mind was elsewhere not now hes made the jump from a boy to a man and a hard man at that . His goal potential gives the team another weapon , The way he moves forward with the ball now rather than looking for the easier side pass to the full back is good. Think a lot of improvement comes from SG and his coaching staff.
This guy is going to end up at a very very big club in the future hopefully after giving us four good years .

I don't recall hearing Gerrard use the term low block in any interview.

Well you and any of the other "PC" criers can enjoy him using the term in his postmatch interview tonight - funny to think he's still pandering to the lefties even now the women's world cup is finished, huh :)

I get your drift OP, and I kind of agree. But against better attacking sides will he play Polster ahead of Tavernier??

I think Connor Goldsons distribution is more than decent.

I was impressed with his passing in this match but he can be a bit too casual on the ball at times.

Personally think its Goldson and possibly another 3 fighting for that other cb spot this season.

Goldson is our best central defender and I'll wager he'll start far more games than either Katic or Edmundson.

Of the three I prefer Katic and Ed(!) - Goldson was bit slack end of last season , however with the Swede on the way 4 players for 2 places is good

Aye this modern sports science is a loada pish. Alf Tupper had a fish supper and ran a four minute mile half an hour later:)

Exactly.
Goalie
Left and right backs.
Left half and right half backs with center half.
Center forward with 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers.

That's the answer!!

Oh, aye, and the magic sponge and a. bucket too.

It's going to take time to see the best partnership game by game but Edmundson has some long pass on him. Will definitely be something we can utilise.

Oh shu up you miserable lady's front bottom. Ive never heard him say it. I didn't say he has never used it just that I have never heard him say it. What is it with tadger like you on this forum that are always looking to jump down the throats of people? Full of them

Just generally sick of people like you talking absolute shite

Katic would be my 1st pic center half. The big man would develop so much better if he had more game time. Cant help but think hes 3rd or maybe 4th choice if this boy from bologna signs

Fair post from the op. Having a choice is a huge change and gives us the chance to rest Goldson. Stevie will have learned some lessons from last year.

Back