Jordan Rossiter joins Fleetwood

This is great news for us.

A relatively high earner, who didn't contribute, off the wage bill.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.
What a ridiculous statement. So the measure of a 'man' is whether or not his body has a developmental problem, or he is prone to injuries as a professional footballer?

Surprised we've just washed our hands of him basically. I get it that he hasn't been fit before however after playing a lot with Bury and doing well I'd have hoped we would be monitoring his progress to see if he gets near his potential.

This is why conversely you have to give credit to the likes fo Tav and Morelos, no matter what you think of them as players, by god are they robust and proper "men". You can count on these guys over a season. Huge respect for the pair of them.

Take slight issue with this. It infers JR isn't a proper 'man'. He has been really, really unlucky with injuries. Makes him no less of a man than those you mention.

There's a player there (SG confirmed he was the standout of last pre-season)

Good luck to JR, hope he gets a good run injury free.

Amen AWK.

The English transfer window has been open for 7 days.

7 days.
True but look at this Rossiter deal. Only able to get him away on a loan deal where will be still be paying a significant % of wages. Unfortunately can't get him off wage bill entirely yet.

Steven Gerrard doesn’t have anything against him, he clearly considers him to be behind all of the other midfielders at his disposal. That makes your horrible feeling highly unlikely to come true.
You may be right but he wont be the only player who reckons he can go a step back to go forward again.
Docherty and McCrorie, although they’re loan deals and obviously the manager thinks more of them (Edit: just seen Rossiter is a loan as well) might be examples.

True but look at this Rossiter deal. Only able to get him away on a loan deal where will be still be paying a significant % of wages. Unfortunately can't get him off wage bill entirely yet.

We may have forsaken a transfer fee in order to get him off the wage bill. Who knows? Certainly not anyone on here.

So he’ll now see out his contract at Fleetwood then leave for nothing.

I feel kind of sorry for the lad but, from our point of view he’s been another disastrous signing.
Did you believe this at the time of his signings?
At this is before I ask you what Sadiq or Prodan or Rozenthal or even Kuznetsov were if Rossiter is a disastrous signing.

I would love for this lad to kick on from Bury where he did well to have a stormer of a first six months at Fleetwood and earn himself another contract at Rangers.
I am convinced he has the ability all that happened is his growth problems have stalled his development at a vital stage of his career.
However, these things happen to lots of players at lots of clubs, there is no point greeting over it and to blame the lad is moronic! Really totally moronic!

Good luck to him, he still has time, he has a great mentality and the correct attitude to make a success in his football career.
Go on young Jordan make the doubters and the detractors and the idiotic critics eat their words.

He’s still a young lad. Davis and Arfield won’t be around forever so there will be spaces that open up in the midfield. At the moment he won’t play but getting another season of games under his belt may see him start to fulfil some of his potential. Gerard has rubbished the talk of McCrorie going, Docherty has come back into the fold so never say never. Loaning players in and out is going to be a big part of our strategy moving forward.

Let's be honest here, he was a flop & I'm glad he's out the door

Injuries finished him with us.

There is a quality player in there but he may never fulfil his potential.

I hope he does as he’s a good lad and the only one brave enough to speak up after the progress fiasco when Captain Fantastic hid in the changing room.

Good luck to him .

I assumed Holt might go back to Fleetwood after what was supposedly a decent season there last year, but i assume this puts paid to that.

Did you believe this at the time of his signings?
At this is before I ask you what Sadiq or Prodan or Rozenthal or even Kuznetsov were if Rossiter is a disastrous signing.

Relatively speaking, for a club in the process of rebuilding where money is thin on the ground, when you add him to the likes of Barton, Senderos, Kranjcar, Alves, Peña and Herrera, he’s another who has failed to provide any sort of return whatsoever.

We’ve arrested the wastefulness under Gerrard, but before that we were all over the shop under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.

Wallace*, Holt, Grezda, Dorrans, Rossiter, Dodoo, Hardie, Lafferty etc.

These might me nice genuine guys but that’s no good to us if they can’t keep themselves fit and do the business on the park.

I’ll be surprised if any of them are still at the club when the transfer window closes.

*wallace already away (as is Rossiter)

We need real options who can be relied upon. None of the players mentioned fall into that category.

He’s still a young lad. Davis and Arfield won’t be around forever so there will be spaces that open up in the midfield. At the moment he won’t play but getting another season of games under his belt may see him start to fulfil some of his potential. Gerard has rubbished the talk of McCrorie going, Docherty has come back into the fold so never say never. Loaning players in and out is going to be a big part of our strategy moving forward.
Good post.
I never believe anything until I hear it from Steven Gerrard's mouth.

Surprised it’s season long tbh, if only until January we could have sold him for some form of return. Season long means he’s a free agent at end of that and we’ve had zero ROI on his tenure.

Moving on might be what Jordan needs.
He will hopefully find some form by getting more actual game time in a team where he will probably be the star player.
Really sad it didnt work out for him at Ibrox, but his ability is never in doubt and he will still be a good footballer for years to come if he can find lasting fitness.

Surprised it’s season long tbh, if only until January we could have sold him for some form of return. Season long means he’s a free agent at end of that and we’ve had zero ROI on his tenure.
Could just be to free up his wage for another player to come in I imagine similar deals will occur for Holt and possibly Dorrans etc

But but he had one good game against Hibs away, don’t you see what we will miss out on? No I don’t if anything we are going to benefit with him off the wage bill and any sort of fee we get.

Jordan Rossiter will never have a bad word to say about Rangers neither he should we’ve sorted out his injury issues for years and paid a small fortune for contributing nothing whatsoever.

Saying that I wish him all the best, he seems a decent fella. I’m just astonished Warburtin hasn’t come in for him, yet.

Could just be to free up his wage for another player to come in I imagine similar deals will occur for Holt and possibly Dorrans etc
Yeh just a bit surprised we couldn’t find a club who would have paid a fee given his solid 6mths at Bury.

Are you genuinely expecting an orderly queue of teams to line up to pay what is probably (for them) top dollar in wages and possibly a fee for a player who has made a grand total of 33 appearances in 3 seasons due to injury, the vast majority of which were in the last few months?

Clubs won’t take a gamble on a player with his injury record and I don’t blame them.

I wish him all the best but don’t expect to see him back in our colours.

Back