Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

At Glastonbury last week I spoke to a friend who used to be a nurse about this saga. Unbeknown to me she used to work with paedophiles and their victims.

One case that deeply affected her was a 10 year old who suffered abuse because he had been convinced that he had swallowed a bomb and that if he should tell anyone about the abuse it would explode killing both himself and the person he had informed.

He therefore could not tell his mother and if he should be killed he knew that the abuse would continue with his younger siblings.Think of it.

Paedophiles are manipulative, coercive, bullying deviants and the little we know about CBC & CFC has convinced me that there was a gang operating with impunity in those environs. We have only seen the bottom-feeders convicted. When will the higher echelons be forced to face the music.

Kelly tick-tock
That poor kid must be pretty fekd up.

Hope he got all the help required, It still wouldn't have been enough to sort it all out.

IMO the best way to highlight what we think of their cover up at Parkpaed is to refuse any away tickets for that dump

Tell the mhedia our fans refuse to attend the place until they either apologise and compensate the victims or are sanctioned by the SFA and SPL for covering up the child sexual abuse for 50 years

We only get 800 tickets but I think this tactic gets more coverage and embarrasses the shower of shite

Let Hollicom try and make good PR out of us refusing tickets until something is done to punish the club. The new board are now complicit in cover ups too

Lieswell has been there since 1990 so he needs to be shown up for their actions

I agree with not taking tickets
Any other action (banners/chants etc) that Rangers Fans do @ the crime scene would be ignored by the press.

The interesting bit would be the response of our own fans, we had FF threads last year when allocations were cut and the view was not cleat cut, there was a split of those who were happy/not happy.
Although declining tickets to make a statement on Child Abuse cover up is far more important so could get a different response.

Would it be worth we starting a thread on this to see what the overall view is, game is not until December so there is enough time to debate it?

Once debated for a few weeks we then do a poll, depending on the outcome of poll we then contact Rangers/SLO etc to come up with a decision. The club itself would probably not want to get involved.?

Last edited:
Good shout. Possibly any and every team they meet in Europe as they'll be televised as well. A few banners/comments, etc from rival fans may help spread the word to some and may also be a wee reminder to UEFA too.

A similar action for the paedo harbourers next opponent, anywhere, shortly before their game. That keeps the thought 'fresh' for their rivals.

Don't get off these c*nts back for a second.

Another avenue to add to this

For anymore games they have in Europe I'm going to try and contact media outlets (TV/Newspapers etc) in the country they are playing in.
Hopefully one of them will run a story on it and ask questions at the obligatory press conferences.

Last edited:
I agree with not taking tickets
Any other action (banners/chantsthat Rangers Fans do @ the crime scene would be ignored by the press.

The interesting bit would be the response of our own fans, we had FF threads last year when allocations were cut and the view was not cleat cut, there was a split of those who were happy/not happy.
Although declining tickets to make a statement on Child Abuse cover up is far more important so could get a different response.

Would it be worth we starting a thread on this to see what the overall view is, game is not until December so there is enough time to debate it?

Once debated for a few weeks we then do a poll, depending on the outcome of poll we then contact Rangers/SLO etc to come up with a decision. The club itself would probably not want to get involved.?

It might be worth starting a new thread about the possibility of refusing for the crime scene and maybe even get some ideas of the best way to show support for the victims during a match.

Do fans groups like the union bears have contacts with other fans groups? It could be a way of getting some ideas out there and gaining some momentum.

Got this response from the Labour MSP James Kelly. Another one backing an inquiry

I share your concerns with the closed door approach to the abuse at Celtic Boys Club. I believe a public inquiry would have been the best option in the interest of transparency and accountability for all relevant figures and sporting bodies.

I have wrote to Peter Lawwell on a number of occasions now regarding the abuse. I outlined in these letters that more clarity has to be provided as to what the findings of this investigation are and made clear that a public inquiry would have been favourable.

Mr Lawwell had outlined in his response (attached) that this was a legal matter and they could not comment. I am frustrated by Celtic’s approach and have asked that they provide a timeline for publication of the work that they have carried out on the matter and also that they are specific about what is being done to address victims concerns.

I note your concerns with the silence in Parliament around this. It is a matter we must approach with care due to the sensitivity of the matter as well as the legal issue. I gather myself along with a few other politicians have been corresponding with Celtic to help clarify the means of justice in this instance, the communications relating to such I am happy to share - as attached.

However, I do believe it is important that politicians speaking publicly on the issue should do so appropriately and sensitively with the victims in mind. Rest assured, if I am asked for public comment in the press or the issue comes up in parliament, I will make my views clear.

I hope the above is helpful and I am happy to keep you up to date with any further correspondence relating to this issue. If I can be of help with anything else in the future, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP
Member of the Scottish Parliament for the Glasgow Region
Scottish Labour Finance and Constitution Spokesperson

0141 465 9936 | 423 Paisley Road West, Glasgow G51 1PZ
Twitter: @JamesKellyLab | Facebook: James Kelly MSP

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

The following is an extract from current UEFA regulations(2019), which apply to all member associations, all clubs and their officials.
Note in particular, Rule 5.
Anyone contacting UEFA could reference the below, and enquire if they have been made fully aware of the level of duplicity of CFC in matters relating to child welfare. The SFA are also liable to report on this conduct once they are made aware.

III - Ethical provisions
Article 17 Ethical provisions: scope, UEFA’s competence and general principles

1 The following provisions apply to all persons falling within the scope of Article 3(1)(a), (c) and (e), except in cases where the conduct in question is dealt with in an appropriate manner by the relevant bodies of one of UEFA’s member associations or by FIFA.

2 Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 above, if an alleged violation of these provisions arises in relation to UEFA matters or the function of an individual which was elected, ratified or assigned by UEFA to exercise a function, UEFA’s disciplinary bodies have exclusive competence to deal with the case.

3 All persons bound by these provisions are expected to be aware of the importance of their duties, obligations and responsibilities. They are required to observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship and to act with complete honesty when exercising their functions.

4 All persons bound by these provisions have a fiduciary duty towards UEFA.

5 All persons bound by these provisions have a responsibility to report unethical conduct to UEFA without delay.

Toomuchtimeontheirhands Loyal RSC

Got this response from the Labour MSP James Kelly. Another one backing an inquiry

I share your concerns with the closed door approach to the abuse at Celtic Boys Club. I believe a public inquiry would have been the best option in the interest of transparency and accountability for all relevant figures and sporting bodies.

I have wrote to Peter Lawwell on a number of occasions now regarding the abuse. I outlined in these letters that more clarity has to be provided as to what the findings of this investigation are and made clear that a public inquiry would have been favourable.

Mr Lawwell had outlined in his response (attached) that this was a legal matter and they could not comment. I am frustrated by Celtic’s approach and have asked that they provide a timeline for publication of the work that they have carried out on the matter and also that they are specific about what is being done to address victims concerns.

I note your concerns with the silence in Parliament around this. It is a matter we must approach with care due to the sensitivity of the matter as well as the legal issue. I gather myself along with a few other politicians have been corresponding with Celtic to help clarify the means of justice in this instance, the communications relating to such I am happy to share - as attached.

However, I do believe it is important that politicians speaking publicly on the issue should do so appropriately and sensitively with the victims in mind. Rest assured, if I am asked for public comment in the press or the issue comes up in parliament, I will make my views clear.

I hope the above is helpful and I am happy to keep you up to date with any further correspondence relating to this issue. If I can be of help with anything else in the future, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP

Wow. Wasn't expecting that response.

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP

Great news - Another one to add to list for an enquiry

Adam Tomkins needs to see this.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

The following is an extract from current UEFA regulations(2019), which apply to all member associations, all clubs and their officials.
Note in particular, Rule 5.
Anyone contacting UEFA could reference the below, and enquire if they have been made fully aware of the level of duplicity of CFC in matters relating to child welfare. The SFA are also liable to report on this conduct once they are made aware.

III - Ethical provisions
Article 17 Ethical provisions: scope, UEFA’s competence and general principles

1 The following provisions apply to all persons falling within the scope of Article 3(1)(a), (c) and (e), except in cases where the conduct in question is dealt with in an appropriate manner by the relevant bodies of one of UEFA’s member associations or by FIFA.

2 Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 above, if an alleged violation of these provisions arises in relation to UEFA matters or the function of an individual which was elected, ratified or assigned by UEFA to exercise a function, UEFA’s disciplinary bodies have exclusive competence to deal with the case.

3 All persons bound by these provisions are expected to be aware of the importance of their duties, obligations and responsibilities. They are required to observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship and to act with complete honesty when exercising their functions.

4 All persons bound by these provisions have a fiduciary duty towards UEFA.

5 All persons bound by these provisions have a responsibility to report unethical conduct to UEFA without delay.

Toomuchtimeontheirhands Loyal RSC

Your comments noted I will add to my next email

Out of interest the only e-mail address I'm using to send to UEFA is

childsafeguarding@uefa.ch

Do you any other ones?

Cheers

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP

surprisingly good response

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP

That is an elected politician charged with running a country and he can't write English? "I have wrote to Peter Lawell?" He writes like Ernie Wise with his "play which I have just wrote". How can we take such a man seriously as a politician.

Got this response from the Labour MSP James Kelly. Another one backing an inquiry ...

The following is an extract from current UEFA regulations(2019), which apply to all member associations, all clubs and their officials ..
III - Ethical provisions
Article 17 Ethical provisions: scope, UEFA’s competence and general pri

I haven't had a response from childsafeguarding@uefa.ch to the e-mail I sent last week, so I followed it up with another today, using elements of your posts, Karbear and Tim Hunter ...

'Good afternoon,

I sent the message, below, to your office a week ago. Unfortunately, I have received neither a response nor an acknowledgement.

In addition to the information in the 1st Jul 19 e-mail, yet another Member of the Scottish Parliament (James Kelly MSP) has voiced his frustration with Celtic FC’s continued refusal to submit to a public inquiry into the child abuse and subsequent cover-up which took place over four decades, under Celtic FC’s auspices.

'
Sir,

I have written to Peter Lawwell on a number of occasions now regarding the abuse. I outlined in these letters that more clarity has to be provided as to what the findings of this investigation are and made clear that a public inquiry would have been favourable.

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP
Scottish Labour Finance and Constitution Spokesperson’

As I’m sure you are aware, Article 17 of the current UEFA regulations (2019), covers Ethical Provisions: Scope, UEFA’s competence and General Principles and applies to all member associations, clubs and their officials.

These regulations place responsibility on the above-named member associations, all clubs and their officials to observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship, and to act with complete honesty when exercising their functions. They go on to say that all persons bound by these provisions have a fiduciary duty towards UEFA, and have a responsibility to report unethical conduct to UEFA without delay.

Celtic FC’s behaviour in matters relating to child welfare, and the SFA’s inaction in dealing with this, place them both in contravention of Article 17.

As I said in my previous e-mail, could you please let me know how you plan to take this matter forward?

Regards,

johnkp
'

We'll see what they say, if anything.

It’s the first reply I’ve had that has actually addressed Celtic’s behaviour in all this. Hopefully the tide is turning. I noticed the Labour leader Richard Leonard has read my email 3 times today. Fingers crossed I get a response from him.

Its almost as if the Labour Celtic supporters have a chance to oust the deep rooted SNPists within their club now they have an excuse!

And to be fair to them, they are doing the right thing by trying to get justice for the victims.

@Karbear i would put that to her next time I see her,was meant to go see MG last week but it fell through.

The last conviction came right at the end of the season so not enough time to get anything organised. There’s still a few weeks to the start of the new season and even if only a few fans groups agree to do something, it’s a start and it might gather some momentum.

If I can help in any way let me know.

Can everyone take a step back for a minute and instead of Bashing James Kelly for his spelling maybe notice that he said this:

"Rest assured, if I am asked for public comment in the press or the issue comes up in parliament, I will make my views clear."

If there's any truth in that, we shouldn't be tearing him down for spelling, we should be finding a way to have him asked to comment. As soon as more politicians start to say what he is saying, it becomes more and more difficult for Celtic to sit quiet and hope it goes away.

Regardless of the wording we need more responses with that kind of content.

Got a reply from my westminster mp gavin newlands today......my further reply to this,to follow.

Dear Tommy,

Many thanks for getting in touch – I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to write to me, particularly on such a sensitive and important subject.

I wholeheartedly believe that those responsible for the historic abuse at Celtic FC must be held to account and, where appropriate, subject to the full weight of the criminal and judicial systems, as many have been. It is clear that for too long serious and criminal abuse was perpetrated by a number of individuals within the club itself and in associated organisations.

I expect any football club or organisation to do their utmost to provide justice to survivors and their families and friends, not just in terms of what happened in the past, but also in ensuring that such widespread abuse cannot and will not be allowed to happen in our society again.

Abuse has permeated Scottish football in the past. The SFA’s Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was published in June of last year and outlines the historic widespread nature of abuse throughout the game, within a number of different clubs and organisations. It is a serious investigation into the past, present, and future, how the footballing authorities in this country failed victims and their families over the years, and what the SFA and member clubs and organisations should be doing in future to ensure these crimes never happen again. I strongly encourage anyone with an interest in the issue to read the full report, carried out by a former consultant on child protection with the Police. You can find the report and appendices at: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/independent-review-of-sexual-abuse-in-scottish-football/

It is important to note that the authors make clear that this is an interim report and that once ongoing criminal investigations are complete the full report will be issued. The expectation must be, given the scale and spread of historic abuse, that many of the largest football clubs will be subject to the final report’s findings.

I hope and expect the publication of this final report to result in more action being taken in establishing the truth about the narrative of events and to allow those victims of abuse who wish to do so to allow their experiences to be investigated.

All of us want to see justice for those who were victims of abuse, and I hope that we see just that, from Celtic and from all clubs and organisations involved.

Best wishes,

Gavin Newlands MP
Paisley and Renfrewshire North

IMO the best way to highlight what we think of their cover up at Parkpaed is to refuse any away tickets for that dump

Tell the mhedia our fans refuse to attend the place until they either apologise and compensate the victims or are sanctioned by the SFA and SPL for covering up the child sexual abuse for 50 years

We only get 800 tickets but I think this tactic gets more coverage and embarrasses the shower of shite

Let Hollicom try and make good PR out of us refusing tickets until something is done to punish the club. The new board are now complicit in cover ups too

Lieswell has been there since 1990 so he needs to be shown up for their actions

This would work well if fans of all clubs refused tickets for the shitter and fan groups of all clubs release a joint statement of their intent stating this as the reason.

If we do it alone it will be made to look like point scoring.

It is also worth pointing out that they have no shame so likelihood is they would not be embarrassed if we did this alone, instead they would turn it around to them being victims again. Do not underestimate their ability to do that.

Harder to do that if fan groups from all clubs take part.

My reply to my westminster mp gavin newlands..

Gavin,

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to respond to my email to you.

However,what you have replied with,is pretty much the "party line",can you enlighten me to the following:

1.how many legsl prosecutions are ongoing?
2.who are these legal prosecutions relating to?
3.when are the legal prosecutions likely to conclude?.

Also,as per my email to you,do you intend to raise this matter at westminster on my behalf?.

Currently,your party has shown absolute zero interest in this historic sex abuse scandal,the biggest scandal in world sport possibly.

To date,not one comment,offer of justice,offer of support for victims or indeed a call for a transparent and wholly independent inquiry into this has been made by the first minister,justice secretary or any of your partys mp's,perhaps you could explain to me why that is?.
The only time the word "ndependent"comes out of the first ministers mouth,usually relates to her obsession with independence for scotland,which to be frank,is extremely tiresome now.
Isn't it about time your party parked that particular agenda and dealt with the biggest sexual abuse scandal to hit these shores?.

I note there are many and have been many connections between the board of directors/executives at celtic fc and the SFA/SPFL over the years and you only have to look to see the main culprit between these bodies,is peter lawwell,who seems to have a major controlling influence over them.
Therefore,there cannot be an inquiry carried out by them,as neither are to be trusted to do so with honesty and transparency.
I only need point you in the direction of peter lawwells recent statement,that his club have conducted a 2 year internal investigation into this matter,whilst denying it had anything to do with his club,as he stated the celtic boys club were a seperate entity.
How can you firstly,conduct a 2 year investigation into a body that has nothing to do with them?,secondly,how can you conduct a 2 year investigation in the abuse,when none of the victims have been contacted? and finally,what were the results of their convenient and internal 2 year investigation?,where's the transparency and honesty or to quote one of mr Lawwells favourite sayings "sporting integrity"?.

Serious questions need asked by you,your party,other parties and the governing bodies,as to why 50 years sexual abuse,has been allowed and then covered up over the years,by them and other bodies...where are the closets and the skeletons mr Newlands and how far does the cover up go and who does it protect?.
This must be an inquiry carried out by neutral,independent and trustworthy people,preferably south of the border.

That us why i am demanding that you address this matter in westminster on my behalf and other members of public and the sporting family.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Tommy

I’d rather us turn our back on them for a minute each time we play them at the piggery in total silence. That would have a bigger effect. Crocker and Walker would obviously talk through it and sky wouldn’t show it. But other press outlets would see it. No banners and no singing for one minute. Total silence and backs turned.
A minutes SHHHHHHHHH at some points during a game would get noticed. During the 6 minutes on the clock (for each one found guilty) or on 67 or 88 on the clock. Something significant to them.

My reply to my westminster mp gavin newlands..

Gavin,

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to respond to my email to you.

However,what you have replied with,is pretty much the "party line",can you enlighten me to the following:

1.how many legsl prosecutions are ongoing?
2.who are these legal prosecutions relating to?
3.when are the legal prosecutions likely to conclude?.

Also,as per my email to you,do you intend to raise this matter at westminster on my behalf?.

Currently,your party has shown absolute zero interest in this historic sex abuse scandal,the biggest scandal in world sport possibly.

To date,not one comment,offer of justice,offer of support for victims or indeed a call for a transparent and wholly independent inquiry into this has been made by the first minister,justice secretary or any of your partys mp's,perhaps you could explain to me why that is?.
The only time the word "ndependent"comes out of the first ministers mouth,usually relates to her obsession with independence for scotland,which to be frank,is extremely tiresome now.
Isn't it about time your party parked that particular agenda and dealt with the biggest sexual abuse scandal to hit these shores?.

I note there are many and have been many connections between the board of directors/executives at celtic fc and the SFA/SPFL over the years and you only have to look to see the main culprit between these bodies,is peter lawwell,who seems to have a major controlling influence over them.
Therefore,there cannot be an inquiry carried out by them,as neither are to be trusted to do so with honesty and transparency.
I only need point you in the direction of peter lawwells recent statement,that his club have conducted a 2 year internal investigation into this matter,whilst denying it had anything to do with his club,as he stated the celtic boys club were a seperate entity.
How can you firstly,conduct a 2 year investigation into a body that has nothing to do with them?,secondly,how can you conduct a 2 year investigation in the abuse,when none of the victims have been contacted? and finally,what were the results of their convenient and internal 2 year investigation?,where's the transparency and honesty or to quote one of mr Lawwells favourite sayings "sporting integrity"?.

Serious questions need asked by you,your party,other parties and the governing bodies,as to why 50 years sexual abuse,has been allowed and then covered up over the years,by them and other bodies...where are the closets and the skeletons mr Newlands and how far does the cover up go and who does it protect?.
This must be an inquiry carried out by neutral,independent and trustworthy people,preferably south of the border.

That us why i am demanding that you address this matter in westminster on my behalf and other members of public and the sporting family.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Tommy
First class mate. He's my mp as well. Was very quick to denounce the fire at the pavilion in the Robertson park. I have my suspicions about what happened there,but that's another story

If anyone want encouragement that powerful people can be brought to justice for praying on children. Jeffery Epstien is about to go to prison for the rest of his life. Lots of powerful people sweating bullets here in America. Feck them one and all. If you enable child sexual abuse, may god have mercy on you soul because the law never will.

I haven't had a response from childsafeguarding@uefa.ch to the e-mail I sent last week, so I followed it up with another today, using elements of your posts, Karbear and Tim Hunter ...

'Good afternoon,

I sent the message, below, to your office a week ago. Unfortunately, I have received neither a response nor an acknowledgement.

In addition to the information in the 1st Jul 19 e-mail, yet another Member of the Scottish Parliament (James Kelly MSP) has voiced his frustration with Celtic FC’s continued refusal to submit to a public inquiry into the child abuse and subsequent cover-up which took place over four decades, under Celtic FC’s auspices.

'Sir,

I have written to Peter Lawwell on a number of occasions now regarding the abuse. I outlined in these letters that more clarity has to be provided as to what the findings of this investigation are and made clear that a public inquiry would have been favourable.

Yours sincerely

James Kelly MSP
Scottish Labour Finance and Constitution Spokesperson’

As I’m sure you are aware, Article 17 of the current UEFA regulations (2019), covers Ethical Provisions: Scope, UEFA’s competence and General Principles and applies to all member associations, clubs and their officials.

These regulations place responsibility on the above-named member associations, all clubs and their officials to observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship, and to act with complete honesty when exercising their functions. They go on to say that all persons bound by these provisions have a fiduciary duty towards UEFA, and have a responsibility to report unethical conduct to UEFA without delay.

Celtic FC’s behaviour in matters relating to child welfare, and the SFA’s inaction in dealing with this, place them both in contravention of Article 17.

As I said in my previous e-mail, could you please let me know how you plan to take this matter forward?

Regards,

johnkp'

We'll see what they say, if anything.

I haven't sent another my e-mail using the new template - yet. @Tim Hunter
I have just got an e-mail back UEFA - nothing new

E-mail from childsafeguarding@uefa.ch

Dear Sir
We acknowledge receipt of your mail re “Child Abuse – Celtic Football Club”.
Thank you for sharing your concern and the information on child abuse within Scottish Football.
Please note that we have shared your mail with the Scottish Football Association.
We fully trust in the capacity of the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Authorities to deal with this situation.
Once again, thank you for reaching out to bring this to our attention.
All our best regards
U E F A

Iris Hugo-Bouvier

@Tim Hunter, @johnkp
Interesting wording
"Please note that we have shared your mail with the Scottish Football Association"

As I thought last week, the report regarding UEFA chasing the SFA was potential as a result of the work done here!!! . So your e-mail above may have an impact.

Last edited:
If anyone want encouragement that powerful people can be brought to justice for praying on children. Jeffery Epstien is about to go to prison for the rest of his life. Lots of powerful people sweating bullets here in America. Feck them one and all. If you enable child sexual abuse, may god have mercy on you soul because the law never will.
Are the good people of the US aware there was child abuse perpetrated by those monsters on their sovereign soil?

I mentioned a while back we should wave white handkerchiefs at a set time, however, some think this is a sign of defeat. Spanish fans do it as a sign of disgust, either way, I think it is visual, hard to ignore, and something easily obtained by all.
The most important thing is would it gain attention as to why it is being done?
Humbug. I love yae. And your posts are brilliant. But it would against my nature to wave a white flag at them bastards.
I know what your saying though.

Back