Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
GOz5DvJ.png

Can't wait for this tomorrow.

Been a long wait. Well feels like it.

Regardless who they are I hope we hammer them double figures. Het the confidence up.

I wish we used something other than alphabetical order for the league table pre season!
They should put them in order of titles won. :))

The dh prediction for the team is

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Jack
Kamara
Davis
Stewart
Ojo
Defoe

I wish we used something other than alphabetical order for the league table pre season!
They should put them in order of titles won. :))

The dh prediction for the team is

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Jack
Kamara
Davis
Stewart
Ojo
Defoe

Would be happy with that.

Any win will do but a win with a handful of goals would be very pleasing.

I dont think anybody who played an hour on Sunday will start.

So with that in mind

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Jack
Ojo
Jones
Defoe

3-0 will be a good result.

I dont think anybody who played an hour on Sunday will start.

So with that in mind

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Jack
Ojo
Jones
Defoe

3-0 will be a good result.

Yeah, this.

Strong team, try and get this tie settled early.

Ojo and Defoe to score.

Great to be back.

Clean sheet and a few goals to put the tie to bed tonight would be lovely. Come on Gers.

2-0 to the famous, I was in the ''stadium'' on a day trip to Gibraltar 2 years ago it is an awful pitch it is very sticky and hard and not suited for good football.
Just need to get a win then destroy them at Ibrox

Not seen the games thus far so really excited about this afternoon’s game. Will be good to see the Gers back in action and see what the new guys have to offer.

First competitive game of the season, can't wait! 4-0 Rangers

As an aside are we expecting VPN difficulties on RTV today as Premier have the broadcast rights?

Should be 6 or 7.

It’s all about tempo. We struggled with that at times last year and we had far too many games where we either didn’t turn up for the first half or fell out of it in the second half.

Got to be moving the ball quickly from the first minute.

Ive been told yes for uk customers but live & on demand for non uk customers

£9.99 though they've put the prices up!

Normally don't buy too many games through RTV due to living in NZ but with 8 potential qualifiers, plus the friendlies plus the first few league games- made sense to buy the unlimited subscription for the next 2 months for £35. Paying £10 per game will start getting very expensive

I'd like to see the 4-3-2-1 used again looking something like:

McGregor,
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Halliday,
Jack, Davis, Kamara,
Ojo, Defoe, Hastie.
I'd really like to see Hastie play over Jones after watching the game on Sunday, would be happy with that line up.

I'd really like to see Hastie play over Jones after watching the game on Sunday, would be happy with that line up.

With Arfield missing I think Ojo and Hastie would do the best job in playing narrow to Defoe. Jones is a good option to have off the bench if we want to play a bit wider.

Should be 6 or 7.

It’s all about tempo. We struggled with that at times last year and we had far too many games where we either didn’t turn up for the first half or fell out of it in the second half.

Got to be moving the ball quickly from the first minute.

A dry plastic pitch with temps to be near 30 degrees. I would be wary of expecting a fast tempo.

A dry plastic pitch with temps to be near 30 degrees. I would be wary of expecting a fast tempo.

It looks pretty short so hopefully it won’t hold up too much, but it’s hard to tell.

Either way, we should be expecting a doing for St Joseph’s.

Normally don't buy too many games through RTV due to living in NZ but with 8 potential qualifiers, plus the friendlies plus the first few league games- made sense to buy the unlimited subscription for the next 2 months for £35. Paying £10 per game will start getting very expensive

I may just do that aswell if all games are to be £9.99 going forward I watch a lot of RTV games via VPN, i'll email them and see why the increase in pricing for this game.

It looks pretty short so hopefully it won’t hold up too much, but it’s hard to tell.

Either way, we should be expecting a doing for St Joseph’s.
Many people said the same about Progres, I’d hope the players don’t have the same mentality and thankfully SG won’t let them. We can’t under estimate any teams at this level anymore.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

No time for silly slip ups, make a statement of intent for the coming season.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

With Arfield missing I think Ojo and Hastie would do the best job in playing narrow to Defoe. Jones is a good option to have off the bench if we want to play a bit wider.

Isn't his the main reason we have Stewart now? He also knows plastic pitches well from his Kilmarnock times and I can see him (if not starting) definitely having some time on the pitch tonight.

Isn't his the main reason we have Stewart now? He also knows plastic pitches well from his Kilmarnock times and I can see him (if not starting) definitely having some time on the pitch tonight.

I thought that was why we signed him aswell but he's been playing through the middle in the friendlies so far.

Back