Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just thinking out loud here,can we have an appreciate or such button just for this thread as like doesn't really sit well when we see some of the horrific stuff being posted here.
I agree it’s horrific mate. I actually think there’s a whole lot more to come when an inquiry starts. One thing this thread has done is made more people determined to fight for justice.

I agree it’s horrific mate. I actually think there’s a whole lot more to come when an inquiry starts. One thing this thread has done is made more people determined to fight for justice.

Yep BlueNose,some of the reading really makes me sit up and wonder how the feck that rancid mob have been getting away with what they have allowed to happen in there chamber of secrets,I still maintain that there are a few toffs,top politicians and judges involved in this somehow,maybe not directly but enough for pressure to be applied by you know who,nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

Yep BlueNose,some of the reading really makes me sit up and wonder how the feck that rancid mob have been getting away with what they have allowed to happen in there chamber of secrets,I still maintain that there are a few toffs,top politicians and judges involved in this somehow,maybe not directly but enough for pressure to be applied by you know who,nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
I personally think most if it is down to the snp and them relying on the republican vote for their nationalist aim. And a justice secretary who is under qualified and unfit for purpose that makes no secrets of where his loyalties lie reference his Twitter account.

I see that vile,fat sack of sh!t Muirhead is currently involved in a twitter spat with Helen Gray.

Even by his standards,his blog today is as low as it gets!

Read that trash!

I had to stop reading half way through. Just when u think these mutant stank monsters can’t sink any lower! :mad: Absolutely vile! It makes me more determined to keep fighting though.

My heart goes out to Mrs Gray having to deal with sh!te like this along with everything else.

I personally think most if it is down to the snp and them relying on the republican vote for their nationalist aim. And a justice secretary who is under qualified and unfit for purpose that makes no secrets of where his loyalties lie reference his Twitter account.

When I saw the cretins face inside that cltc hoodie I just knew that we would be in for a hard time getting justice in this fecked up little country,one of our fans getting jail time for singing,yet that rotten mob can have an ira fest at every game home or away plus jumping on police cars and suchlike with impunity,makes me sick.

When I saw the cretins face inside that cltc hoodie I just knew that we would be in for a hard time getting justice in this fecked up little country,one of our fans getting jail time for singing,yet that rotten mob can have an ira fest at every game home or away plus jumping on police cars and suchlike with impunity,makes me sick.
It makes me and others on here more determined. Their day will come.

It makes me and others on here more determined. Their day will come.
I just wish I was more of a wordsmith BlueNose I would be emailing M.Ps' and suchlike,when I read some of the stuff the guys on here write I only wish I could do likewise,but sadly I'm not clever enough to be contacting Prof.Tomkins and co without making myself look even more foolish.

Can everyone take a step back for a minute and instead of Bashing James Kelly for his spelling maybe notice that he said this:

"Rest assured, if I am asked for public comment in the press or the issue comes up in parliament, I will make my views clear."

If there's any truth in that, we shouldn't be tearing him down for spelling, we should be finding a way to have him asked to comment. As soon as more politicians start to say what he is saying, it becomes more and more difficult for Celtic to sit quiet and hope it goes away.

Regardless of the wording we need more responses with that kind of content.
Anyone ripping the guys spelling when he's trying to get justice here needs their baws kicked.

This happened to me today. I live in England. I’m a shunter for a multi national company. For months now(probably longer) I’ve been spreading the word about this disgusting situation. Sharing this thread with English football supporters. The most common reply I get is why has the government in Scotland not opened an inquiry about this? Now a lot of English boys know why through knowing the politics of the snp. But some can’t understand why votes come before justice.
Anyway I’ve made no secret of spreading the word to many at my workplace. As a shunter you meet many truck drivers from around the country including from across the water who shake my hand for my efforts.
There are a few Scottish amongst us and today I was approached by one of them calling me a dirty orange bastard for what I’m doing. I stopped what I was doing and asked him why I’m a dirty orange bastard and asked him to repeat himself. As in what did you just call me? He then said well ffs there is no need to be doing what your doing. I asked why? His answer to me was you’ll only bring problems to yourself and we all don’t need that.
I asked who’s we? He said well you know what I mean. I said sorry I don’t. I’m not orange. I’m against corruption and child abuse and the coverup that has gone on for too long at your club. And asked him how does that fit with you.
He then called me a bigot and again insulted me again with the previous insult.
By this time others had stopped what they were doing and were watching us.
Now obviously I’m being a bit PC with the above but you can imagine it was a bit heated. It went on a bit longer to the extent he had no answer against an educated man.
The good thing was that English boys stepped in and gave their view on what Celtic supporters stand for and their anti British stance. The boy was lost. He never knew what to say.
Half an hour later he came back to me and tried to apologise. You can imagine my reply. This is what we’re up against imo. They don’t know right from wrong. I’m 47 and this boy is 50.
It taught me one thing today. Like their club and their previous employees who know and knew. Their scum of a support also know.
It was really hard typing this trying to be politically correct but today has made me more determined to fight on with my efforts.
They are a different breed. Not even good enough to be called second class citizens. They are lower than that.
All of you back home have maybe experienced similar with this situation. But watching English boys step in was fantastic to watch. Not for back up. But for what they know about that scum.
Well done mate I feel proud of you for what you have done and you know what, the other guy will probably go back and tell his brainwashed plastic paddy mates that he gave it to you.
What a sad lot they really are, their club denies it, their church has perpetrated it more than any other organisation worldwide, and their government SNP, the judiciary and media and individual politicians cover it up along with many from CFC Joke Stein, McGinn, Kelly and many many more, they all knew what happened and should be up on police charges, the SFA knew, probably UEFA, FIFA and guys like Platini the list is endless, WHO WILL PROSECUTE THEM.

Well done mate I feel proud of you for what you have done and you know what, the other guy will probably go back and tell his brainwashed plastic paddy mates that he gave it to you.
What a sad lot they really are, their club denies it, their church has perpetrated it more than any other organisation worldwide, and their government SNP, the judiciary and media and individual politicians cover it up along with many from CFC Joke Stein, McGinn, Kelly and many many more, they all knew what happened and should be up on police charges, the SFA knew, probably UEFA, FIFA and guys like Platini the list is endless, WHO WILL PROSECUTE THEM.
Cheers nemessis. I’ve stood against them all my life and I’ll never hide that fact. I’m hoping he does come in again but he’ll think twice about approaching me again.
Your right pal. The corruption is everywhere but I really am hoping the professor is the man that will take them all the way. He won’t sit back now. Uefa will then have no choice but to sanction them heavily and hopefully an inquiry will bring the snp and also police Scotland to task.

This happened to me today. I live in England. I’m a shunter for a multi national company. For months now(probably longer) I’ve been spreading the word about this disgusting situation. Sharing this thread with English football supporters. The most common reply I get is why has the government in Scotland not opened an inquiry about this? Now a lot of English boys know why through knowing the politics of the snp. But some can’t understand why votes come before justice.
Anyway I’ve made no secret of spreading the word to many at my workplace. As a shunter you meet many truck drivers from around the country including from across the water who shake my hand for my efforts.
There are a few Scottish amongst us and today I was approached by one of them calling me a dirty orange bastard for what I’m doing. I stopped what I was doing and asked him why I’m a dirty orange bastard and asked him to repeat himself. As in what did you just call me? He then said well ffs there is no need to be doing what your doing. I asked why? His answer to me was you’ll only bring problems to yourself and we all don’t need that.
I asked who’s we? He said well you know what I mean. I said sorry I don’t. I’m not orange. I’m against corruption and child abuse and the coverup that has gone on for too long at your club. And asked him how does that fit with you.
He then called me a bigot and again insulted me again with the previous insult.
By this time others had stopped what they were doing and were watching us.
Now obviously I’m being a bit PC with the above but you can imagine it was a bit heated. It went on a bit longer to the extent he had no answer against an educated man.
The good thing was that English boys stepped in and gave their view on what Celtic supporters stand for and their anti British stance. The boy was lost. He never knew what to say.
Half an hour later he came back to me and tried to apologise. You can imagine my reply. This is what we’re up against imo. They don’t know right from wrong. I’m 47 and this boy is 50.
It taught me one thing today. Like their club and their previous employees who know and knew. Their scum of a support also know.
It was really hard typing this trying to be politically correct but today has made me more determined to fight on with my efforts.
They are a different breed. Not even good enough to be called second class citizens. They are lower than that.
All of you back home have maybe experienced similar with this situation. But watching English boys step in was fantastic to watch. Not for back up. But for what they know about that scum.
He may well have tried to apologise, maybe you should ask him if he'll join your fight for justice.
Let's see the measure of the man.

He may well have tried to apologise, maybe you should ask him if he'll join your fight for justice.
Let's see the measure of the man.
Honestly chief you couldn’t make it up what he said. He said there is nothing in it. My reply was what about the convictions?
He said fair enough but there’s no way been a cover up. I don’t fancy another ban but you can imagine my reply. This is the mentality of them. Deny deny deny.
It’s easier in England chief as you don’t have to associate with them. I do my best not to get into conversation with them at all.

Honestly chief you couldn’t make it up what he said. He said there is nothing in it. My reply was what about the convictions?
He said fair enough but there’s no way been a cover up. I don’t fancy another ban but you can imagine my reply. This is the mentality of them. Deny deny deny.
It’s easier in England chief as you don’t have to associate with them. I do my best not to get into conversation with them at all.
Just as easy up here mate.
I might share a land mass to live on but I don't associate with them.
If there's nothing in it then surely he's supportive of an enquiry?

@ChampionsLeague
@UEFAcom

For anybody wanting to leave a message that hopefull thousands will see, keep it clean though as there are many people around the world who don't know the tramps history
Great idea with these twitter tags.
The champions league one should be used to maximum effect when the groups are on though.
Each game will have it's own hashtag, far easier to show a massive audience.

Perhaps a few choice words from the head bullshitter in Rome will do the trick, make them see the error of their ways, or on second thoughts, maybe not.

I know exactly what you mean & agree the SNP and the individual MP's under their control, have a great deal to answer for

However an enormous amount of this cover-up took place long before the SNP became the politcal majority or power they currently are.

Going back to the earlier post that suspected top politicians etc. of being either involved in the crimes &/or cover-up - it also occurs to me that the police have had almost nothing to say in all this time even after convictions & where it's been obvious club officials were aware of criminal activity yet failed to report it

If the police are also involved in this cover-up it makes you wonder what chance of justice the victims have ?

Copy of todays reply from gavin newlands.

Dear Tommy,

The independent report commissioned by the SFA was undertaken and written by one of the most experienced child protection experts in Scotland, a former head of a national child abuse charity, and someone who has worked with the police in Scotland on child protection matters previously. I confess am not sure how Mr Lawwell as Celtic Chief Executive would have any influence over such an experienced and knowledgeable professional.

If you have not done so already, I would urge you to read the full interim report. It is a sobering and frank testament to the depravity that has been done over decades under the cover of footballing coaching across Scotland. I suspect that the full report, published once criminal proceedings are complete, will be even more shocking.

Like all decent people in this country, I want all who suffered at the hands of abusers to get justice as these acts of inhumanity and depravity are uncovered, wherever and whenever they occurred.

Best wishes,

Gavin Newlands MP
Paisley and Renfrewshire North

I know exactly what you mean & agree the SNP and the individual MP's under their control, have a great deal to answer for

However an enormous amount of this cover-up took place long before the SNP became the politcal majority or power they currently are.

Going back to the earlier post that suspected top politicians etc. of being either involved in the crimes &/or cover-up - it also occurs to me that the police have had almost nothing to say in all this time even after convictions & where it's been obvious club officials were aware of criminal activity yet failed to report it

If the police are also involved in this cover-up it makes you wonder what chance of justice the victims have ?
And that’s why police Scotland also have to be investigated in the inquiry.

My response to gavin newlands today.

Dear Gavin,

Again,many thanks for your reply and i assure you i will be looking at the report as you suggest.

However,you have failed to answer the questions i specifically asked you,as far as the "criminal prosecutions" and whether you will be raising my request for a full,independent and honest inquiry into the sexual abuse at celtic fc

Again,i urge you as my westminster mp,to raise this issue,so justice can be done for the victims of celtics depravity of the past 50 years and stop the silence and cover ups,which have clearly taken place.

As for Peter Lawwells influence over celtic,the SFA/SPFL and the media,he holds positions on all boards as a share holder and executive,so it is abundently clear for all to see,what influence he holds.
He was also the finance controller at celtic fc in the 1990's and was allegedly responsible or had knowledge of payments to the sum of £1m to the trophy centre,run by the convicted paedophile Jim Torbutt ,along with Kevin Kelly (celtic director & trophy centre director,who recently stated he had no business dealings with Torbutt...who's kidding who here?).
The club is corrupt to the core and need proper and thorough investigating,with 6 paedophile convictions to date,why are all political parties ignoring this,as no calls or action have been made,other than Adam Tompkins,who has been met with refusal by Peter Lawwell at every turn.

This issue is not going to swept under any carpet any time soon and it's time for all politicians to voice their concern and disgust and demand an inquiry into them and others ,where aplicable.

I trust you will comply with my wishes as far as westminster is concerned and i look forward to your reply and further comments.

Kind regards

Tommy

Dear Gavin,

Again,many thanks for your reply and i assure you i will be looking at the report as you suggest.

However,you have failed to answer the questions i specifically asked you,as far as the "criminal prosecutions" and whether you will be raising my request for a full,independent and honest inquiry into the sexual abuse at celtic fc

Again,i urge you as my westminster mp,to raise this issue,so justice can be done for the victims of celtics depravity of the past 50 years and stop the silence and cover ups,which have clearly taken place.

As for Peter Lawwells influence over celtic,the SFA/SPFL and the media,he holds positions on all boards as a share holder and executive,so it is abundently clear for all to see,what influence he holds.
He was also the finance controller at celtic fc in the 1990's and was allegedly responsible or had knowledge of payments to the sum of £1m to the trophy centre,run by the convicted paedophile Jim Torbutt ,along with Kevin Kelly (celtic director & trophy centre director,who recently stated he had no business dealings with Torbutt...who's kidding who here?).
The club is corrupt to the core and need proper and thorough investigating,with 6 paedophile convictions to date,why are all political parties ignoring this,as no calls or action have been made,other than Adam Tompkins,who has been met with refusal by Peter Lawwell at every turn.

This issue is not going to swept under any carpet any time soon and it's time for all politicians to voice their concern and disgust and demand an inquiry into them and others ,where aplicable.

I trust you will comply with my wishes as far as westminster is concerned and i look forward to your reply and further comments.

Kind regards

Tommy
Well done Tommy

Dear Gavin,

Kind regards

Tommy
Brilliant reply Tommy,wonder what he will say?

Corruption is endemic to man... The truth be known is it's hard to pin on folk because the Victims were so young and they will be being harassed. A crap situation for the lot of them. Rape victims have a terrible time in the court system. It's not pretty and they have to recall in livid detail things they are horrificly ashamed of. Feeling like under cover homos because the were molested. The question I would ask is how long the catholic priests and all that have been doing this for. Thousands of years? or hundreds? Is it a new thing or an old thing and it's only all come to light now. The catholic priests sing a song about lucifer and all sorts of stuff and the guys who are really into god think they are the anti Christ church and they just don't know it. Most Christians a struggling to survive in this economy but the riches of the catholic church is several billions in assets and money in the Vatican bank. They also share little to no knowledge with there perishners about hidden scriptural truths and treat them like a bunch of mugs fleecing the money out of them in a authorative manner although so ungodly as they are as we have seen in instances of mass rape. Your saying that people within Scotland that are pro catholic church and Cleptic will not tar and feather these perpetrators with the legal system and compensate fully while publicising it on the media. Your probably right too!! The cover ups have never stopped.

Corruption is endemic to man... The truth be known is it's hard to pin on folk because the Victims were so young and they will be being harassed. A crap situation for the lot of them. Rape victims have a terrible time in the court system. It's not pretty and they have to recall in livid detail things they are horrificly ashamed of. Feeling like under cover homos because the were molested. The question I would ask is how long the catholic priests and all that have been doing this for. Thousands of years? or hundreds? Is it a new thing or an old thing and it's only all come to light now. The catholic priests sing a song about lucifer and all sorts of stuff and the guys who are really into god think they are the anti Christ church and they just don't know it. Most Christians a struggling to survive in this economy but the riches of the catholic church is several billions in assets and money in the Vatican bank. They also share little to no knowledge with there perishners about hidden scriptural truths and treat them like a bunch of mugs fleecing the money out of them in a authorative manner although so ungodly as they are as we have seen in instances of mass rape. Your saying that people within Scotland that are pro catholic church and Cleptic will not tar and feather these perpetrators with the legal system and compensate fully while publicising it on the media. Your probably right too!! The cover ups have never stopped.
A cult. Not a religion.

Dear Gavin,

Kind regards

Tommy
Keep up the good fight my friend, i think it was chairman Mau who said" a thousand mile journey starts with the first step" i think we are way past the first step, and people like you will help the victims to that last step, their are 2 things i know will make my blood boil to violence and that is child abuse and animal abuse, simply for the fact that they have no way of fight or flight, they are trapped and condemned to a lifetime of abuse,unless some one intervenes, we all have a part to play whether its getting a thumbs up or Going way above and beyond and writing hundreds of emails as you and others have been doing, keep it up my friend,

I posted this in the Hollicom thread but it is relvant to this one too.

I've been reading up on how businesses handle reputational problems and, unfortunately, it would appear that Celtic are playing this one by the book.

The first issue here is that this hasn't become a crisis for Celtic. To a large extent they have managed to keep their child abuse scandal out of the public consciousness helped by a compliant media and political establishment.

This is from one of the articles:

– It is highly exaggerated to what extent consumers are aware of crises like the ones mentioned above. Every marketer knows how much time and money is required to inform consumers about something new (a new product, a new brand etc.) and the same holds true for bad news, even though it spreads much quicker.

– Consumers are able to forgive a brand a lot as long as what it offers is relevant to them. If a company offers a great product or service at a good price (Subway, Samsung, Uber) and has a loyal base of consumers, people often choose to turn a blind eye to other failings. They will find “rational” arguments to stay with the brand because they don’t like changing their habits.

https://brandstruck.co/blog-post/three-brands-survived-reputation-crisis/

On the other hand, their approach will become a liability should the scandal actually become a reputational crisis for them. Companies which have dealt with these crises have tended to emphasise contrition, open communications and prompt action to deal with the problem. Celtic have done none of this.

"While some brands handle crises well and initiate new business practices to ensure similar crises don’t happen again, others deny their role. When a crisis hits, you must decide between your long-term reputation and short-term profits. Every brand needs a bank of goodwill. Crises offer brands an excellent opportunity to live their values and do what’s right."

https://www.ragan.com/5-brands-that-survived-reputation-hell/

If this does become a crisis then chances are that Celtic will be forced to change their management team; so bye bye Lawwell.

This will only become a crisis for Celtic if there are high profile lawsuits and/or high profile media exposes. Clearly Hollicom's job is to stop this becoming a crisis. Our job is quite the opposite.

Response from Adidas.

service@onlineshop.adidas.co.uk

Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club.
Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.

We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand.
As policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.

We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.

We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Kind regards,
adidas Team
Privacy notice | adidas.co.uk
© 2018 adidas (UK) Limited, Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, SK7 5SA ,Stockport.

Welldone BlueNose94 and to everyone else for your great efforts. I get you're frustration the victims in this have been waiting for 40 years for justice. If we keep it up we will get their in the end
Priority here is getting justice for young boys who just wanted to play football. And were harmed by the club they loved.
For decades this religion/cult have taken advantage of children worldwide and been brought to justice. That’s my fight. For my country to do the same and uncover what’s gone on. I’m betting that we don’t know half of what’s gone on for the 40 years+
Police Scotland are a disgrace and are puppets for the SNP. We need to stand against the ideology of nationalism that shares the view of Irish republicanism. I take abuse on a regular basis for my views. I’m not far right and I’m not a bigot or a racist. I’m British and proud to have fought for my country. And now the SNP are trying to split the union. My views could go on all night.
Please again can I urge people to make an effort to show Professor Thomkins support by emailing him. Some on the forum have sent me private messages stating that they don’t know how to word it and they aren’t confident in doing so.
Jf1960,, George Goudie,,nachonovo,,Grigo,, myself and I apologise if I’ve missed anyone out ;) would be glad to help.

Response from Adidas.

Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club.
Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.

We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand.
As policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.

We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.

We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Kind regards,
adidas Team

Great job QC Wine. AGAIN ;)

Priority here is getting justice for young boys who just wanted to play football. And were harmed by the club they loved.
For decades this religion/cult have taken advantage of children worldwide and been brought to justice. That’s my fight. For my country to do the same and uncover what’s gone on. I’m betting that we don’t know half of what’s gone on for the 40 years+
Police Scotland are a disgrace and are puppets for the SNP. We need to stand against the ideology of nationalism that shares the view of Irish republicanism. I take abuse on a regular basis for my views. I’m not far right and I’m not a bigot or a racist. I’m British and proud to have fought for my country. And now the SNP are trying to split the union. My views could go on all night.
Please again can I urge people to make an effort to show Professor Thomkins support by emailing him. Some on the forum have sent me private messages stating that they don’t know how to word it and they aren’t confident in doing so.
Jf1960,, George Goudie,,nachonovo,,Grigo,, myself and I apologise if I’ve missed anyone out ;) would be glad to help.

Absolutely bn.

And glad to help. It doesn’t need to be fancy at all. Just thank him for fighting this scandal of a major & very profitable business covering up child abuse.

And tell him you want an Independant Inquiry. This way the victims & their families get justice. And closure.

Response from Adidas.

Kind regards,
adidas Team
That is a very interesting reply. Certainly not your default response that many organisations have come back with.

That is a very interesting reply. Certainly not your default response that many organisations have come back with.

I thought so too.

They could of just replied Adidas is not a partner of St. Pats

Note that there was no mention of any SFA enquiry or pending cases.

The sentence that stands out

"We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people"

How many parts of that do they fail on - (actions, reputations, sufficient policies and procedures)

Well hopefully that has put a spanner into any potential deal they have lined up - Shame.

@Craigie hope you enjoy your holiday

I thought so too.

They could of just replied Adidas is not a partner of St. Pats

Note that there was no mention of any SFA enquiry or pending cases.

The sentence that stands out

"We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people"

How many parts of that do they fail on - (actions, reputations, sufficient policies and procedures)

Well hopefully that has put a spanner into any potential deal they have lined up - Shame.

@Craigie hope you enjoy your holiday

As I said before.... Bleed them dry

Back