Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

A few things from that line-up:-

1 - Dispels the myth about the player who does the press conference always playing.

2 - Looking forward to see how Jones plays against what will presumably be a packed defence.

3 - You'd have to assume that Aribo and Davis will start most big games, so Jack and Kamara battling it out for the final slot. Both should be fired up tonight.

D_CpbsdXsAAQ9RL.jpg:large
--------------------------------------------------------------
Strong as %^*& bench.....

That back 4 shouldn’t change now unless we get an injury or suspension for real, competitive games.

Glad to have these threads back! Pretty confident we will win this 2 or 3 nil, but any win would be satisfactory.

A few things from that line-up:-

1 - Dispels the myth about the player who does the press conference always playing.

2 - Looking forward to see how Jones plays against what will presumably be a packed defence.

3 - You'd have to assume that Aribo and Davis will start most big games, so Jack and Kamara battling it out for the final slot. Both should be fired up tonight.
Kamara is a cert to start if he continues playing like he can, i don't see his position under threat at all, Davis is 34 and wont be playing 2 games a week i wouldn't imagine.

They will all get a lot of gametime during the season, its great we have proper players fighting for each position now.

Solid lineup and bench, wasn’t sure if Aribo would start over Jack tbh, SG going for tried and tested to start with. Look to get a couple early goals and then take Davis and Defoe off of the plastic surface would be my thoughts. Of course its not a given and players need to be able to play on all surfaces but realistically they would be my main worries.

Interested to see if Alfie plays a part if he has a knock, could make it worse and put any potential deals off

Only thing i might have changed would have been aribo/docherty for Jack but it's still.a strong squad as a whole

I am having problems with both RTV and Premier Sports online.

My broadband is ok though.

Just a heads up.

Thought Halliday might start on the plastic - other than that as expected (though until yesterdays news I was convinced Candeias would start ahead of Ojo).

That back 4 shouldn’t change now unless we get an injury or suspension for real, competitive games.

Not sure about that. Barisic will really need to step up if he’s to play consistently. Flanagan ended the season very well in that position and barring a hernia op, should have kept his jersey in the early games of this season.

Barisic looked off the pace on Sunday and we were only playing an Oxford side who’ve just started their pre season.

Like the look of the starting line-up. As above, really strong bench.

Fancy us to get a decent result tonight. Ideally if we can put the tie to bed tonight.

Solid lineup and bench, wasn’t sure if Aribo would start over Jack tbh, SG going for tried and tested to start with. Look to get a couple early goals and then take Davis and Defoe off of the plastic surface would be my thoughts. Of course its not a given and players need to be able to play on all surfaces but realistically they would be my main worries.

Interested to see if Alfie plays a part if he has a knock, could make it worse and put any potential deals off

Jack isn't getting dropped for anyone. First midfield name on Stevie Gs team sheet mate. The rest are fighting for the remaining places.

433 with two wingers and Defoe doesn’t work. We saw that last season and switched to the 4321. Playing Ojo and Jones is in no way similar to Kent and Arfield.

Can’t help but think Gerrard is continuing to punish Morelos.

Should certainly be enough to beat this mob however.

Come on The Rangers

Let’s get a win today

The plastic pitch is my only issue as it’s defo a leveller with home advantage being a bigger influence than grass but as the gaffer said in his interview the team should cope

Fingers crossed we get the job done and no injuries

433 with two wingers and Defoe doesn’t work. We saw that last season and switched to the 4321. Playing Ojo and Jones is in no way similar to Kent and Arfield.

Can’t help but think Gerrard is continuing to punish Morelos.

Should certainly be enough to beat this mob however.

Morelos is recovering from a groin injury, think you're reading too much into it.

As for your comment on the shape of the front three, Ojo and Jones should be more than enough for St Joseph's.

Sensible line up. Keeps the spine of the team that did well the same and gives us a glimpse of a couple of the new guys

Thank fuck, looks like we’re back to giving our opponents Pennants in Europe again.

Was extremely amateurish from us last season.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Strong as %^*& bench.....

Indeed. Morelos, Stewart and Aribo as game changers.

And I’m loving that Kamara, Davis and Jack continue as the shit hot midfield three that were absolutely destructive towards the end of last season.

And Scott Arfield is to come back.

And I’m erect that Rangers are back on.

Back