Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Am I making this up of did Barisic say he wouldn't be playing on plastic pitches anymore?

Am I making this up of did Barisic say he wouldn't be playing on plastic pitches anymore?

Interview last season he said him and Gerrard were being careful over when to play him on plastic i think.
He was injured twice after playing on astro i believe.

I reckon by selecting Barisic, Gerrard is basically looking to see how he reacts to the game, the pitch and frankly telling him “you’re my number 1 left back”.

Borna needs to get his balls out tonight and show everyone he has what it takes

I reckon by selecting Barisic, Gerrard is basically looking to see how he reacts to the game, the pitch and frankly telling him “you’re my number 1 left back”.

Indeed.

I'm hoping he's BornAgain tonight.

The Rangers are back. Thank God!

Start of season optimism, and pretty poor opposition should have me predicting an easy win.

When I see the line up, is it unfair to say we were stronger at the end of last season? It's basically Jones for Kent and Ojo for Arfield.
Is this us back to 4-3-3 with Defoe up top himself, or does Ojo play the "Arfield" role from the end of last season?

Ojo played narrow in behind the striker on Sunday mate, he wasn't wide.

As for punishing Morelos, if you'd listened to last night's press conference, Gerrard said Morelos isn't fit enough to start, as he hadn't trained for a week.

I’m utterly amazed that anyone can be overly happy or annoyed at our starting XI tonight. Unless anyone on here has been regularly attending pre-season training and has access to player stats, we have one game against a pub team to go on.

I realise folk will want to see certain guys start (I was hoping for Stewart for example) but ffs let’s just at least kick the game aff before we start moaning :)

Has had an impressive pre-season by all accounts. I really hope it works out for the lad as it’s most definitely a weak area for us.

Looking at subs, it feels good knowing we can turn to Morelos, Aribo and Stewart to try turn the game if something unthinkable happened.
Compared to Dalcio, Windass or Herrera 2 years ago, it's some difference.

Premier Sports have Paul Dempsey presenting. Is he commentating too?

I’m utterly amazed that anyone can be overly happy or annoyed at our starting XI tonight. Unless anyone on here has been regularly attending pre-season training and has access to player stats, we have one game against a pub team to go on.

I realise folk will want to see certain guys start (I was hoping for Stewart for example) but ffs let’s just at least kick the game aff before we start moaning :)
Erm it FF mate, its what we do:D:D:D

Think of the children :eek:

Looking at subs, it feels good knowing we can turn to Morelos, Aribo and Stewart to try turn the game if something unthinkable happened.
Compared to Dalcio, Windass or Herrera 2 years ago, it's some difference.

As often last season, there seems no sub right back. Assuming if Tav had to come off we would move Ryan Jack back there?

Back