Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

This team needs to learn how to break down defensive teams. It cost us silverware last year.

Playing 433 with two wide players and a small striker in the middle isn’t going to create much.

You need to rely on the midfield creating something and those 3 on the park aren’t the most creative mids we have.

Just another one of those horrible sticky games on a terrible surface against folk diving and breaking up play, along with 10 men in their own box and a low block. frustrating viewing but not unexpected.
Pretty much summed up my thoughts to a tee.

We could be doing with being a bit more clinical but plenty time.

lets ramp it up 2nd half Ojo looks so good need a bit more pace in midfield drive at them, get Tav into the game more would help, all things considered we could be well up but need to find that final pass, still missing so far

Too early to get all panty wetty but we still don’t look like we’re able to break down a team that sits in deep.

No one has been great or terrible. I’m not a fan of Barisic’s deliveries at corners but I don’t think he’s done much wrong in regular play.
WRT your latter point, he's done nothing wrong in regular play. He's just the FF Whipping Boy® for now. He's been fine in the tackle, no better or worse than anyone else going forward.

Why the %^*& is Ojo made to shake hands there after a shitebag challenge like that. What a prick that ref is.

Otherwise a typical early season start performance, massively exaggerated by a shite plastic pitch. They shouldn't be used in the professional game - for football as a business and nothing about giving punters quality viewing.

Not worried. Enjoying the early insight.

This is how every team in Scotland will play against us so better get used to it and get on with it

Sure we'll go up a couple of gears

Frustrating game. I'd hate to be playing on that surface. The ball travels much slower than usual. First game of the season against a team with 11 players at the back makes the penalty box more like Sauchiehall St on a Saturday night. As fans, we have to cut some slack for games like this. Expectations need to be tempered. I'll be happy with a win and no injuries.

We look like a team playing against well organised opposition on a horrific pitch after only 1 pre season game.

Disappointed in both full backs, they are both players who get forward and create. Neither have created anything. Playing passes through a packed central midfield and defence isn't working, we need width.

Wallopers in this bar giving it Barasic shite, at half time giving it Ono never a Rangers player, fuckin shite, FFS sometimes elements of our support are an utter embarrassment.
Yoko is playing? hope better than the singing;)

What would you do differently at the edge of the box with 9 men behind the ball? Just curious

Evidently you can't be seen as much more than a panty wetter etc for some odd reason, even though, again it isn't being said with that intent.

Teams with 9 men behind the ball is the football we play often - that's typically how Rangers games work - we have sort of seen the picture quite often.

Re just a general comment, match threads typically do have wide sweeping emotive statements, it's not that mental etc really it is just the nature of following a football team in real time - it isn't always in depth deep considered analysis....

Posts on this thread are oft just the equivalent of an....oh for %^*& sake at a game.

Re what I would do, i sort of hinted at it earlier - i don't think the output from LB helps us much - which would seem knee jerk if it hadn't been a problem for 9 months.

Against rank opposition, there is no excuses for not beating this team, not one.
Half time 0-0 so they have to wake up this half.

We'll go through - comfortably

Anyone that expected us to go over there and win 5,6,7 nil quite frankly needs their head examined.

We were equally poor v shkupi last year and still qualified for the group's. I'll take the same

Need a spark from midfield. Jacks busy. Davis neat and tidy. Ditto Kamara. Need something creative alla Kranjcar

Shooting has been dreadfull ( well what little shots we have had ) same old story cant break down a stubborn defence ,trying to walk the ball in

Every single time we come across a packed defence, our shooting in general is poor, too much pussy footing, and yes I do appreciate it’s early doors. The chance that a deflected shot goes in is still the same as open play.

What would you do differently at the edge of the box with 9 men behind the ball? Just curious
Create a time machine and bring back a Ronald de Boer to unlock the defences and an Albertz to draw them out with his long range shooting threat...the reality is, what can you do? Keep probing and doing what you're doing, step up Davis and Kamara 5/10 yards to try and see a pass but it's extremely difficult. It will come though

3-0 second half, tie over,
The panty wetters are out en masse, nothing to be concerned about. Pitch is awful, wind blowing and a fanny of a ref. The future is bright.

You would expect us to turn it up in the 2nd half. Opposition are absolutely garbage.

First half was a re-run of numerous games last season against opposition who sit it, defend for their lives and get lucky by throwing themselves at the ball. When we run out of ideas, we try to deliver it from the wide areas and it's not really happening. Barišić delivery has been poor, Jones had a good ball in that no one gambled on.

We look like a team playing against well organised opposition on a horrific pitch after only 1 pre season game.

Disappointed in both full backs, they are both players who get forward and create. Neither have created anything. Playing passes through a packed central midfield and defence isn't working, we need width.

In short the exact same as last season .

I’m not concerned - we will beat them at Ibrox .

But we really need to learn how to break these teams down away from home .

Greg Stewart should be on as he always played well in these kind of games when he was with killie.

Got to admit, worrying first half that. They had a real chance and luckily didn't take it.

Just waiting on half the forum telling me how much of an arsehole I am.

For those that are moaning about people moaning, are you new to FF? Maybe if you don't like it you should go on Rangers Media or something like that? Nobody forcing you to read the match thread.

Back