Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

List of centre half free agents anyone?

Skrtel and Cahill.

I think its going to be Skrtel, which I’m fine with despite the negativity (which is weird considering his career and the fact he played at a high level last season, and they tried to get him to sign a new deal) but I’d be amazed and delighted if Gerrard managed to talk Cahill into coming here.

581370f219e879ffc3ec87dc5c131a36.jpg

He's a dick

I think everyone likes Katic but if there’s an upgrade available then we go for it, Katic, Goldson and Edmundson will play a lot of games over the season along with whoever this may be.

one of our issues last season was consistency. If we've got 4 centre halves playing a lot of games then that problem will continue.

Liverpool wouldn't drop van dijk because he's played too many games. It's nonsensical. You play your best team every week. You keep your best goalkeeper and centre halves in the team. Ideally the whole back four remains the same but without doubt keeper and CBs need consistency. If we're picking 'easier' games to rest our best centre halves then it's asking for trouble and it'll cost us.

No gonna lie, cahill would be a chug-worthy signing, realistically ain't going to happen though

You can always improve every position, Katic is a very good prospect, Goldson is a decent player but If we can sign even better then there is no room for sentiment.

true enough. I think I'm just suffering from PTSD from last season's decision to ditch Katic for Worrall. I'd rather we signed no-one than sign another Worrall to replace Katic.

Might be another position in the defense? Didn't Gerrard just say 'defender' and not actually specify a position? Could maybe be a left-back

one of our issues last season was consistency. If we've got 4 centre halves playing a lot of games then that problem will continue.

Liverpool wouldn't drop van dijk because he's played too many games. It's nonsensical. You play your best team every week. You keep your best goalkeeper and centre halves in the team. Ideally the whole back four remains the same but without doubt keeper and CBs need consistency. If we're picking 'easier' games to rest our best centre halves then it's asking for trouble and it'll cost us.

Yeah but there will be injuries, suspensions, fatigue etc etc if we manage to make the Europa league.

Point stands though, if there’s an upgrade available and affordable then we go for it, thats not to say whoever it is may well be cover and Goldson and Katic are 1st picks, need to wait and see.

Yeah but there will be injuries, suspensions, fatigue etc etc if we manage to make the Europa league.

Point stands though, if there’s an upgrade available and affordable then we go for it, thats not to say whoever it is may well be cover and Goldson and Katic are 1st picks, need to wait and see.

the "available upgrade" last season was Joe Worrall. I'd like to think Gerrard sees Katic as 1st choice who can only be shifted by a very good centre half rather than seeing Katic as cover whilst we look for another centre half.

People on here get far to emotionally involved with players not wanting Katic or Goldson to be dropped because they're fine together if there's a better player out there that we can afford an bring in and he replaces either so be it thankfully we have a manager ruthless enough to make that decision

Jimmy Mccann twitter lads, has it as that lad Deli, Jimmy hasn't been wrong yet this season regarding us.. Not saying its true but worth listening too I think

Back