Next round europa travel routes

Tebsin55

Looking at going for the next round.. Can people advise what routes they took to get to Luxembourg the last time? Did use fly direct or I know buses run from other places.. And with Cork will most fly in to Cork or travel from Dublin ✈️

I would be surprised if we got tickets for Cork, not saying I agree with it though.

I have very little faith in the Rangers Security Team allowing Bears to travel. If so, I would imagine they would prefer a chartered flight in and out.

Last time in Luxembourg, we flew to Dusseldorf the day before and the Glassy ran buses down from there the next day. I will not be surprised if its Cork that the Clubs agree to no away fans.

I would be surprised if we got tickets for Cork, not saying I agree with it though.

I have very little faith in the Rangers Security Team allowing Bears to travel. If so, I would imagine they would prefer a chartered flight in and out.

Heard it will be 300 and you must travel with the club. Will find out soon enough.

Can anybody advise on the likely date for away leg in QR2?

1st August

However it may change for Progres could be 30th July

If both Fola Esch and Aberdeen get through QR1 then 2nd leg is also 1st August in Luxembourg In 2016 both met and played the game in the National Stadium so if that was to happen again Fola get the right to play on the 1st as the higher ranked side if they share the National Stadium again

Looking at going for the next round.. Can people advise what routes they took to get to Luxembourg the last time? Did use fly direct or I know buses run from other places.. And with Cork will most fly in to Cork or travel from Dublin ✈️
Flights from EDI direct to LUX now but not cheap.

You can also go to Frankfurt (Hahn) and Brussels (Charloi) then get a bus (1.5hr) to Luxembourg.

I wouldn’t risk it , barasic and jack are never rangers class , that St josephs CB was Amazing and I think they will do us 5-0

1st August

If both Fola Esch and Aberdeen get through QR1 then 2nd leg is also 1st August in Luxembourg In 2016 both met and played the game in the National Stadium so if that was to happen again Fola get the right to play on the 1st as the higher ranked side if they share the National Stadium again

I can’t make the 30th total nightmare for me.

1st August

Thanks for this info. This season's tournament has been a logistical nightmare so far!

Megabus through the night for £12quid if its a morning flight bud.
Think it’s at 6pm or something. Defo going to be looking at it, but I’ve done an overnight bus to Manchester and it was bad enough, can only imagine how grim the return journey from London would be.

Flights from EDI direct to LUX now but not cheap.

You can also go to Frankfurt (Hahn) and Brussels (Charloi) then get a bus (1.5hr) to Luxembourg.

What date would the away leg be? If it's the 25th, you can fly to Luxembourg from Edinburgh on the 24th, returning on the 26th, for £100 just now.

Edit: fucked it, just saw that it's the following week, in which case it's double that.

Last edited:
Eurostar from London to Any Belgian Station including Arlon: From £50 one-way or £69 return 2nd class. (2 Hours)

Arlon (the last station in Belgium) to Luxembourg: €10.80 one way, €21.60 return in 2nd class. or €16.40 one way, €32.80 return in 1st class. (3 Hours)

This is a fixed-price flexible fare, good for any train.

Think I'd quite like to go by train.

Im
Eurostar from London to Any Belgian Station including Arlon: From £50 one-way or £69 return 2nd class. (2 Hours)

Arlon (the last station in Belgium) to Luxembourg: €10.80 one way, €21.60 return in 2nd class. or €16.40 one way, €32.80 return in 1st class. (3 Hours)

Think I'd quite like to go by train.[/QUOTE

Like the sound of the train if it’s luxembourg

Sounds a decent idea. It could be like the old 'football specials'. OMG:eek:

Arlon to Lux is only about 30 minutes maximum mate on the train, so your trip might now be more appealing.

For flights, you can get Ryanair direct to Lux from Edinburgh and Stansted from the UK.

For non-direct, you can fly to Brussels Charleroi from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester and take the Flibco bus to Lux.

Frankfurt Hahn route is no longer available.

Arlon to Lux is only about 30 minutes maximum mate on the train, so your trip might now be more appealing.

For flights, you can get Ryanair direct to Lux from Edinburgh and Stansted from the UK.

For non-direct, you can fly to Brussels Charleroi from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester and take the Flibco bus to Lux.

I think the 3 hours was Brussels to Lux.

1st August

I noticed there is another Luxembourg team in R1, Jeunesse who drew 0 0 at home last night. If they were to go through would that have the potential to affect us should we be playing Progress?

How frequent are the buses from Charleroi Airport to Lux mate? Last time we stayed a night in Charleroi then got the train down but it took over 3hrs from memory due to having to change at a station.

I noticed there is another Luxembourg team in R1, Jeunesse who drew 0 0 at home last night. If they were to go through would that have the potential to affect us should we be playing Progress?

No like last night they would play on another day

Only issue is Fola Esch v Aberdeen if it is happens as I post it is due to the ground

No like last night they would play on another day

Only issue is Fola Esch v Aberdeen if it is happens as I post it is due to the ground

Fola 1-0 up at home to Chikhura (Georgia) Half Time.

rangeral is this DEFINITE that our game would be moved to Tuesday July 30th if Fola go through? I've booked flights from Stansted Wed - Fri...........does anyone know if it's easy to change Ryan Air flights. On line or by phone?

IF we have to play Tues July 30th I'd need to change my flights and reschedule hotel to Mon - Wed from Wed - Fri.

rangeral is this DEFINITE that our game would be moved to Tuesday July 30th if Fola go through? I've booked flights from Stansted Wed - Fri...........does anyone know if it's easy to change Ryan Air flights. On line or by phone?

IF we have to play Tues July 30th I'd need to change my flights and reschedule hotel to Mon - Wed from Wed - Fri.

Fola is now 1-1 72 mins gone.

There is chance that could happen but only if Fola Esch v Aberdeen and where they play that game

Fola are higher ranked hence why they are tonight, Jeunesse had to play last night

How frequent are the buses from Charleroi Airport to Lux mate? Last time we stayed a night in Charleroi then got the train down but it took over 3hrs from memory due to having to change at a station.

Not sure entirely mate, think they schedule the buses for when the most flights arrive. Check Flibco.lu

I flew London to Koln last time flights currently at £70 so could be an option for anyone looking. Think the train was about 3 hours.

Fola Esch getting beat. Would that mean we still play in Luxembourg on the 1st of August?

It's looking pretty safe we will play Progres in Luxembourg Thurs Aug 1st........Fola lost 1-2 at home so need to win the away leg in Georgia next week by 2 goals or 3-2............Progres are two up at Cork 2 mins before HT.

Got a return flight from Stansted to Luxembourg booked for £20. If it’s them we play I just need a flight to London.

A few of us have booked those flights as well. Getting to Stanstead is no problem on the Wednesday, getting back on the Friday night or Saturday morning is a bit pricey though.

A few of us have booked those flights as well. Getting to Stanstead is no problem on the Wednesday, getting back on the Friday night or Saturday morning is a bit pricey though.
Yous planning on flying down? Cheapest return flight I’ve saw is £115, will probably go up nearer the time as well.

Last time in Luxembourg, we flew to Dusseldorf the day before and the Glassy ran buses down from there the next day. I will not be surprised if its Cork that the Clubs agree to no away fans.

who was it that ran the buses from Dusseldorf? ... I can get a flight from Manchester arriving in Dusseldorf the Thursday morning at 09.25 ... was wondering what time the bus left Dusseldorf the last time to head to Luxembourg.

Yous planning on flying down? Cheapest return flight I’ve saw is £115, will probably go up nearer the time as well.

Flights are £45 going down. It’s coming back that’s a problem, flying Edinburgh is an option. The sleeper is about £75 but it might be cutting it fine to get from Stansted to Euston.

who was it that ran the buses from Dusseldorf? ... I can get a flight from Manchester arriving in Dusseldorf the Thursday morning at 09.25 ... was wondering what time the bus left Dusseldorf the last time to head to Luxembourg.
Us Glaswegian we ll be doing the same again

Flying Wednesday coming back Friday from Cologne. 350 all in include accommodation booked up. Maybe a risk. Here’s hoping that Progres coming through alright.

Wouldn’t go booking anything yet folks. If Dudelange get put out the champs league qualifiers (2-2 after the home leg) they’d drop down to the Europa. Could be an issue for our game.

Have to wait and see what Dudelange do now as they drop down from the Champions league and are scheduled to play at home on the same night in Luxemburg.

I’ve booked my flight home Charleroi to Manchester Friday 1st August 07.00 for £18 will sort my route out after Fola Esch 2nd leg next Wednesday

Wouldn’t go booking anything yet folks. If Dudelange get put out the champs league qualifiers (2-2 after the home leg) they’d drop down to the Europa. Could be an issue for our game.
Was it not reported that the tims match was the only one in the CL qualifiers where the loser dropped into the Europa

Was it not reported that the tims match was the only one in the CL qualifiers where the loser dropped into the Europa

No I think they were the only ones to get a bye to go into third qualifying round(unlikely now obviously). If Dudelange beat then they go into second qualifying round.

Have to wait and see what Dudelange do now as they drop down from the Champions league and are scheduled to play at home on the same night in Luxemburg.

Cheers for posting this a was ready to pull the trigger and book up there. When is the draw for the 3rd round ?

Back