Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

he be an abortion of a signing.
theres no positive spin on him signing here at all.

financially to his dwindling ability, that wasn't exactly stunning to start with

So I keep hearing, and I have no idea either way, but Fernebace trying to get him to sign a new deal seems strange if he's that bad now.

Bollocks mate to most of that.
I take it you never watched him yesterday? Probably had a better game than Tav, defended ok, crossing was good (1 assist) and scored from free kick.
Naw it’s all correct! On his career so far at rangers.
On last night 1 decent ball into the box n a free kick apart from that didn’t see what would make him a main stay in our team.
I go on performances not how much he cost and he’s in the Croatian national team at the moment.

Why was he subbed against the mighty Hamilton then?

He was having a terrible game and was lucky he wasnt taken off at half time.

First game in ages on their shit pitch, yet he didn’t cause any goals. Worrall caused goals as did Goldson when not under pressure due to poor use of the ball and also due to getting in each other’s way.
Both of them had far worse games for Rangers and were never subbed.
It is my only real area of worry with SG is whether he can recognise a good CH, seems to think they all have to play like his ex team mate Jamie Carragher.

Only that isn’t - quite - correct. The clause stipulated that if he hadn’t played 19 games by the Winter break they COULD, if they chose to, recall him. It’s an entirely different thing. Gerrard played Worrall because he thought, at that stage, he was the better option. It really is that simple despite the love for Katic on here.
Sure, but the difference is academic, as Forest did try to recall him even though we had satisfied the conditions of the loan.

Anyway, not much point going over this again.

What I would prefer to see is a defender who can cover both centre back and a full back position in the squad.

I think it would have been far more useful to have someone who could combine those two roles than someone like Matt Polster being in the squad.

The lack of leaks is nice for a change.

Not totally convinced it won’t be Deli but I’m just hoping it’s not someone like an Ashley Williams. Read he’s turned down a big money move abroad to stay domestic.

What I find strange regarding Barisic, is that the main argument most of his supporters have is "He's a regular for Croatia." Even though at best he's been a dissapointment for us so far (last night excepted). I wonder how many of these people would have stuck up for Bruno Alves with the same defence, that he was a regular for Portugal (FWIW I thought that Alves did ok and took a lot of flack for nothing).

Little bit disappointed I won't be able to use the many Deli puns I had lined up.

The fact that it hasn't been leaked anywhere yet is really odd. Makes me wonder if it's another loan signing, as there's less to be gained for either the player or the selling club by leaking the deal if it's a loan.

This is being quickly forgotten, Katic is still a young man and will be managed properly by the Management team.

There was a story that i’ve heard in a few places that Katic had some personal issues to deal with and that is why he was dropped for so long. I have no idea what they were but the implication was that it was some sort of family tragedy not anything concerning.

Like I say, it’s just hearsay and I have no idea of details but it does make sense to me. He rarely had an actively bad performance to be dropped and never complained about being dropped but seemed to always love the club and put a lot of work in when not playing. Also goes along with the gaffer always seeming to be very protective of young talent.

If we get a player to displace Katic or Goldson then great because they will be a very very good player. But I do think Katic will be immense in his career and is another that we will be privileged to watch playing for us before he one day heads to the big leagues for huge amounts.

Hahaha what a fucking red neck.

Straight on to the clueless list.
Lol so he had a great game!
Aw naw last year so many went on the two Osijek games, aw great player had two gd games last year.
Looks like this will be the one he lives of this year.
The boy hasn’t the heart or the fight for rangers simple as that.

Little bit disappointed I won't be able to use the many Deli puns I had lined up.

The fact that it hasn't been leaked anywhere yet is really odd. Makes me wonder if it's another loan signing, as there's less to be gained for either the player or the selling club by leaking the deal if it's a loan.

Think stevie G said yesterday it was a permanent signing we were looking at bro.

Lol so he had a great game!
Aw naw last year so many went on the two Osijek games, aw great player had two gd games last year.
Looks like this will be the one he lives of this year.
The boy hasn’t the heart or the fight for rangers simple as that.
Simple indeed.

There was a story that i’ve heard in a few places that Katic had some personal issues to deal with and that is why he was dropped for so long. I have no idea what they were but the implication was that it was some sort of family tragedy not anything concerning.

Like I say, it’s just hearsay and I have no idea of details but it does make sense to me. He rarely had an actively bad performance to be dropped and never complained about being dropped but seemed to always love the club and put a lot of work in when not playing. Also goes along with the gaffer always seeming to be very protective of young talent.

If we get a player to displace Katic or Goldson then great because they will be a very very good player. But I do think Katic will be immense in his career and is another that we will be privileged to watch playing for us before he one day heads to the big leagues for huge amounts.

I’ve heard the same but as you say it was only hearsay and I have no decent source on it so didn’t want to speculate.

Katic will go for big money or be with us for a long time if his development continues the way it’s going.

I also have 100% faith in the management team so if they think we need a first pick CB and Katic doesn’t play as much then so be it,

Think they planned a lot more rotation last Season but McAuley never worked out how they planned.

Who is Jimmy mccann haha

ID10 posted last night that he’s got a couple of transfers right (obvious ones, at that). The account was up all night tweeting how great he is and how he knows this deal will take place. After a good night’s sleep he’s changed his tune...

No idea who the %^*& Jimmy McCann is, but he's got a cu*t of a name.

He's a fake 'ITK' account who posts a lot of transfer rumours (mostly obvious ones) and deletes/backtracks whenever he gets one wrong, but retweets and highlights the ones he gets right & a lot of people seem to be falling for him.

Very easy to tell when someone's making it up as they go along, but this guy seems to be having far too many people fall for his nonsense.

I’ve heard the same but as you say it was only hearsay and I have no decent source on it so didn’t want to speculate.

Katic will go for big money or be with us for a long time if his development continues the way it’s going.

I also have 100% faith in the management team so if they think we need a first pick CB and Katic doesn’t play as much then so be it,

Think they planned a lot more rotation last Season but McAuley never worked out how they planned.

I’m not a great fan of rotating defenders. More than anyone else they really need to know each others’ game and be able to anticipate what position they will be in. Regular game time really helps. I’d like to see a clear first choice goalkeeper and CBs with someone very capable to step in when needed.

I’m not a great fan of rotating defenders. More than anyone else they really need to know each others’ game and be able to anticipate what position they will be in. Regular game time really helps. I’d like to see a clear first choice goalkeeper and CBs with someone very capable to step in when needed.

I agree it’s not ideal but you could have them all playing 30+ games a season .

The manager will rotate as he did it all season till he realised the squad wasn’t good enough.

He’s the best crosser of a ball in our squad , The game at Motherwell away when he first came In he looked like a 10 million pound player, Let’s give the guy 2-3 more months to see if he’s settled any better as it’s a not an ability issue.
I’m all for giving players time mate
N yes he does put good balls in the box but for me mate he strolls around in 3rd gear he needs to up it n I seriously don’t think he’s got the fire in his belly to do it.

Katic's dad was unwell.

Think stevie G said yesterday it was a permanent signing we were looking at bro.
Interesting. It's just very unusual for nothing to leak when the transfer appears to be this imminent. Normally in the selling clubs interest to flush out any potential buyers and maximise their value. Or, if a free agent, flush out any potential employers and maximise your wage.

I’m all for giving players time mate
N yes he does put good balls in the box but for me mate he strolls around in 3rd gear he needs to up it n I seriously don’t think he’s got the fire in his belly to do it.

Some players take longer to settle than others, Some players also thrive on confidence.

I would happily give him a decent run till Christmas and see how he gets on , Problem is he seems also to be very injury prone and that’s not helped his start with us .

As you say though it’s all about attitude and he may never have it .

Back