Possibly 8th signing by end of the week

Swedish national team-mate Filip Helander, 26, leaves Bologna for Scottish Glasgow Rangers. This is according to Scottish data for the Sportbladet.

The transfer fee is stated to be around SEK 50 million.

Filip Helander has had a hard time getting playing time in Bologna and has been rumored to be away from the Serie A club, where Mattias Svanberg also plays.

- I have three years left on my contract in Bologna, it really is so I look at it. Then you never know, it's a lot of people who change clubs despite long contracts, but my head is in Bologna, Helander told Sportbladet at the national team meeting a month ago.

Now, according to Scottish data for the Sportbladet, it is clear that the 26-year-old joins the club exchange squad.
Formalities remain

Helander will next season play in Scotland and classic Glasgow Rangers, where he gets Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard as coach.

Rangers are told to pay around SEK 50 million to link up with the Swedish central court.

According to Sportbladet's sources, the clubs agree and Helander himself must have agreed to the move. Only some formalities remain before the transition can become official.

I would love it to be Cahill but the manager has always mentioned he would like a left footed CB for balance so I honestly cant see it being him, exciting to know who it is and well played by the club in the fact that this hasn't been leaked and the seem well down the line with it!

I would love it to be Cahill but the manager has always mentioned he would like a left footed CB for balance so I honestly cant see it being him, exciting to know who it is and well played by the club in the fact that this hasn't been leaked and the seem well down the line with it!

Well from my limited research it appears the Swede is a left footed centre back.

So you’d have to assume Katic will be 3rd choice again? Interesting if true.

Gerrard has made it very clear he wants a proven central defender who is ready to go and compete for a first-team place. The 4th central defender would be either a young player who can be progressed or an older player, Edmundson fills that role.

Spot on. Amount of people who dont understand squad rotation is mind numbing

I understand squad rotation mate, it’s hardly complicated. For me though, you still have a first choice pairing. As in, going into a big game, all players fit, who are your first choice centre backs. If we’re paying £4m for a player, he’s not coming to be rotated too often in my opinion.

Be good to know what posters who watch Italian footy these days make of him,I very much doubt he'll be anything like the previous one we had under PLG.

Seems our possibly 8th signing has been written off by the YouTube clip loyal, before his Rangers career possibly begins or possibly doesn't ...possibly

Back