Rangers linked with Hutton on a free

FE4oInC.gif

Loved Hutton as a player. He was one that got the club and he has enjoyed a good career down there but I just don’t think we need him, unless Tav goes, which he hopefully won’t.

In an absolute heartbeat.

Only reason he's leaving Villa is because they're epl and he was on a fair few quid.

We have no depth at full-back. Flanagan is unconvincing and Polster clearly isn’t fancied. I have a large collection of butt-plugs.
Flanagan played his best football towards the end of the season, fittest he’s looked in years. Polster isn’t fancied? He’s been injured!

A waste of a wage, I hope we stay well clear.

Would rather we went with Flanagan RB cover, and he is nowhere near good enough these days (or arguably at his peak) to replace Tav

I'd take Hutton could still do a job for us.
He's better than Flanagan and Polster even at this age.

Seriously how much of him have you seen?

Defensively he has never improved

Lost his biggest asset in his pace and is 35 in November, has hardly been the model professional over the course of his career in terms of taking care of his body.

it would be a stupid decision from Gerrard, one which thankfully I don't think he would make/

Seriously how much of him have you seen?

Defensively he has never improved

Lost his biggest asset in his pace and is 35 in November, has hardly been the model professional over the course of his career in terms of taking care of his body.

it would be a stupid decision from Gerrard, one which thankfully I don't think he would make/
No but heard he was doing well before injury.

I think that whenever we talk about our best ever players, a second discussion should be best ever spell. Hutton wasn't our best ever right back obviously but for 6-18 months (I can't really remember now) he was clearly our best footballer and attacking threat at right back for club and country. He played on the same park as France and Italy and looked like the best player on it. I'm sure he looked like the best player in Champions League games as well - the run against Stuttgart being the obvious highlight. Obviously he never maintained it for a long enough period but I still remember him playing like a winger at right back before moving south and him being my favourite player at the time.

100% no from me! I will be furious if this happens! He’s one of the most overrated Scottish players ever who has a solid 6 months and we practically robbed Spurs of £10m. Even in his prime he couldn’t lace Tavs boots.

If he’s coming essentially free then why not? He’d be decent back up and would let Tav rest without having to change how we play. Neither Flanagan nor, from the little i’ve seen, Polster do the attacking full back job well.

But not a player we need if it’s considered in any way likely that he would start more than 2 games a year!

Ah hope it’s Davie , Soooooolllllldddddd.
I met Davie Hutton in the Apple shop not long after he was on dragons den. Turned round and there he was, brown leather waistcoat, red bandana under a pink beret, mascara, flare trousers and a pair of doc martins. He looked like a gay pirate. Mad cnt was just grinning at me like a maniac. We were both in apples “stand aboot randomly like a wank” queuing system so we got talking.

Lovely guy as it turned out but he failed to sell my house two years later.

Always thought he was pretty much a bomb scare, great going forward but always got caught out of position, when we got £9m for him I couldn't believe it. Let the past stay in the past, we have plenty enough cover there

I'm going out on a limb here and saying there's nothing at all in this. We've got 3 right-backs on our books including the best one in the league. Bringing in a 35 year old one makes zero sense.

No thanks.

Polster & Flannigan can play at RB as back up to Tav.

Although one observation I would make. I do think, by the law of averages, that we won’t get a full season from Tav this year assuming he stays. He has been virtually ever present since joining us, law of averages says he must be due some kind of injury soon. Hopefully wrong but it’s very unusual to see a player go 3-4 seasons without some kind of injury sidelining them for a while these days.

Back