Kemar Roofe

If that's his stats in the last two years, the translated article above would make you think they were speaking about a different player who was a regular in the team he played for.

Transfermarkt are crap when it comes to valuations but when it comes to the stats section they are normally on the money. Those are his stats for league matches. There are obviously other competitions as well that he has played in. His appearances the season before last, in particular, were way down on what you’d expect. You can filter this per season.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/simon-deli/leistungsdaten/spieler/234124

Roofe would potentially win us the league not sure I can see him signing but would be a good one for what it’s worth

This article here states that Janssen leaving Leeds had something to do with the Championships financial fair play rules and that they had to sell him to get within the rules of that.

Could lend a bit of credibility to our interest and acquisition of Roofe if they're looking to sell some of their assets this summer for that reason.

From the S*n

been turned by Rangers, says ex-Leeds star Noel Whelan
  • Ryan McDonald
  • 8 Jul 2019, 15:05
NOEL WHELAN reckons Leeds striker Kemar Roofe's head has been turned by Rangers.
SunSport exclusively revealed that Gers will make a £5million swoop for the hitman if they sell Alfredo Morelos.
Kemar Roofe is wanted by RangersCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Noel Whelan expects Roofe to end up at IbroxCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd
Roofe, 26, was top scorer for Marcelo Bielsa's side last season but has just 12 months to run on his current contract.
And ex-Elland Road star Whelan believes the forward would find it hard to turn down the chance to work with Steven Gerrard.

The former Aberdeen ace told Football Insider: “Leeds are vulnerable to losing Kemar.
“They are not in a good position and they are there because they failed to give him a new contract last season, when they should have.
EUR OUT Candeias, Murphy and Flanagan left out of Rangers Europa League squad
“You cannot allow your top goalscorer to come to the final year of his contract. It’s not the way to go about keeping players.
"Now we could lose one of our best players because the club haven’t done their job right.

1 / 4

“I’ve read Rangers want to get Kemar for £5m. He’s worth double that, around £10m. Easily.
"It appears the player’s head has been turned with a huge contract offer from Rangers.
“Can Leeds match that? Can they match the chance to win trophies, play European football and work with a legend like Steven Gerrard?”
Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page

From the S*n

been turned by Rangers, says ex-Leeds star Noel Whelan
  • Ryan McDonald

• 8 Jul 2019, 15:05
NOEL WHELAN reckons Leeds striker Kemar Roofe's head has been turned by Rangers.
SunSport exclusively revealed that Gers will make a £5million swoop for the hitman if they sell Alfredo Morelos.
Kemar Roofe is wanted by RangersCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Noel Whelan expects Roofe to end up at IbroxCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd
Roofe, 26, was top scorer for Marcelo Bielsa's side last season but has just 12 months to run on his current contract.
And ex-Elland Road star Whelan believes the forward would find it hard to turn down the chance to work with Steven Gerrard.

The former Aberdeen ace told Football Insider: “Leeds are vulnerable to losing Kemar.
“They are not in a good position and they are there because they failed to give him a new contract last season, when they should have.
EUR OUT Candeias, Murphy and Flanagan left out of Rangers Europa League squad
“You cannot allow your top goalscorer to come to the final year of his contract. It’s not the way to go about keeping players.
"Now we could lose one of our best players because the club haven’t done their job right.

1 / 4

“I’ve read Rangers want to get Kemar for £5m. He’s worth double that, around £10m. Easily.
"It appears the player’s head has been turned with a huge contract offer from Rangers.
“Can Leeds match that? Can they match the chance to win trophies, play European football and work with a legend like Steven Gerrard?”
Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page
Contract offer? How can we have offered a contract when we’ve not had a bid accepted.

This is sounding like either we’ve done a lot of work behind the scenes and things are very nearly complete (which would be strange as it would seem dependent on Alfie leaving that we’ve heard almost nothing concrete about); or just an agent trying to cause agitation and throwing out numbers to get attention. “Come get him now before Rangers do!! You can get him for £6mill. Leeds are desperate!!”

If it is not the latter it seems odd as you wouldn’t think we’d be down to discussing contract details till the deal was very far on. If that is the case then it sounds like it might be independent of Alfie moving on. Could he be seen as a left inside forward if Alfie does stay?

It's possible that his agent has made the player aware of what we'd offer but I suspect that article is total nonsense

This is sounding like either we’ve done a lot of work behind the scenes and things are very nearly complete (which would be strange as it would seem dependent on Alfie leaving that we’ve heard almost nothing concrete about); or just an agent trying to cause agitation and throwing out numbers to get attention. “Come get him now before Rangers do!! You can get him for £6mill. Leeds are desperate!!”

If it is not the latter it seems odd as you wouldn’t think we’d be down to discussing contract details till the deal was very far on. If that is the case then it sounds like it might be independent of Alfie moving on. Could he be seen as a left inside forward if Alfie does stay?
You think we would spend £5m plus on him without selling Morelos? Would be brilliant to have both!

It's definitely far more interesting now than when it was first mentioned.

I spoke to a pal who's a big Leeds fan last night and he said that its likely there will be a clear out of some big names at Leeds. He said an issue with the manager but Jansson has suggested Leeds wanting/needing money was a big factor behind his Brentford move. How much of this is true however I don't know.

It would certainly be a bold move if we did go for someone of Roofe's quality independent of Morelos moving and would signify real intent from the board for winning the league this season.

One more quality striker and another CB and id say we have the making of a winning team.

You think we would spend £5m plus on him without selling Morelos? Would be brilliant to have both!

Personally I could see us doing it for the right player. We should have it in the bank. I’m not sure he is that player though I don’t know much about him. I would be a bit surprised though and would have thought that this made more sense if Morelos was off. However i’d be surprised if Morelos’ departure had got so far that we were discussing contracts with Roofe without us hearing anything about Alfie. All of this is a bit odd. Personally I think the agent drumming up interest is most likely though some ITK have confirmed that we are interested.

I’m not ITK at all by the way. Just musing in what is public.

I think Gerrard has always wanted a bigger goal threat from wide like Liverpool have. In Ojo it is looking like we might have a guy who operates like a winger but scored a lot. If Roofe is a converted striker who is comfortable left wing then he could be exactly the sort of player Gerrard wants. Roofe, Morelos, Ojo could be a near ideal front 3, all able to interchange to a degree, all powerful and all able to score.

On the other hand, £5mill is a lot. And if that was the plan then you’d think it would end any expectation of Kent returning.

IF there is anything in this the worry would be someone else signing him before we sold Morelos

It’s far more likely we will agree a sale of Morelos and keep it quiet whilst we procure a replacement if possible. A club knowing we’ve taken 8 figures in will be much harder to deal with.

Personally I could see us doing it for the right player. We should have it in the bank. I’m not sure he is that player though I don’t know much about him. I would be a bit surprised though and would have thought that this made more sense if Morelos was off. However i’d be surprised if Morelos’ departure had got so far that we were discussing contracts with Roofe without us hearing anything about Alfie. All of this is a bit odd. Personally I think the agent drumming up interest is most likely though some ITK have confirmed that we are interested.

I’m not ITK at all by the way. Just musing in what is public.

I think Gerrard has always wanted a bigger goal threat from wide like Liverpool have. In Ojo it is looking like we might have a guy who operates like a winger but scored a lot. If Roofe is a converted striker who is comfortable left wing then he could be exactly the sort of player Gerrard wants. Roofe, Morelos, Ojo could be a near ideal front 3, all able to interchange to a degree, all powerful and all able to score.

On the other hand, £5mill is a lot. And if that was the plan then you’d think it would end any expectation of Kent returning.
I agree for the right player we probably would. Talk of a defender signing so I suppose what’s spent on him. The thought of that front line make me moist right enough!

It’s far more likely we will agree a sale of Morelos and keep it quiet whilst we procure a replacement if possible. A club knowing we’ve taken 8 figures in will be much harder to deal with.

Well, I think it reasonable to say that, at present, we haven’t agreed a sale of Morelos with anyone. If we had there is no way he’d have had his cameo tonight.

I see Roofe started tonight and has scored in a friendly for Leeds away to York

Currently 2-0 to Leeds

Final piece of the jigsaw hopefully.

I don't want to lose Morelos but he will leave eventually so I'd gladly take a handsome transfer fee this summer and bring in Roofe.

Roofe would rip Scottish football apart, his style of play fits right in with ours, his attitude is fantastic and he can play a number of roles. Not only that but for a player with ability, link up play, close control, ability to beat a man, he's bloody good in the air.

Helander, Roofe and Kent, job done. Unless Gerrard feels he needs another position addressed?

I don't want to lose Morelos but he will leave eventually so I'd gladly take a handsome transfer fee this summer and bring in Roofe.

Roofe would rip Scottish football apart, his style of play fits right in with ours, his attitude is fantastic and he can play a number of roles. Not only that but for a player with ability, link up play, close control, ability to beat a man, he's bloody good in the air.

Helander, Roofe and Kent, job done. Unless Gerrard feels he needs another position addressed?

I think those 3 and our shopping would be done unless unexpected quality came up.

Not a hope in hell of getting Roofe for £5m.

January 31st, Leeds well out of contention for promotion and he has already signed a pre contract with us we MIGHT get him for £5m but now. No chance.
He's in last year is there not an opportunity that a player can ask to be released from contract , especially cross border.It might be better for Leeds getting him away especially to Scotland where he couldn't hurt them for one of their rivals.

qqnozWQ.gif
I’m Free Mr. Gerrard !

Could be that we buy Roofe and wait until Alfie goes. If he is as good as Alfie then it will be a fair swap.Even if we cut our price to cover Helander and Roofe we will be ahead on the field with a more balanced team and holes filled.

I'd love Roofe but the best scenario for me would be to keep Alfie for one more season, he smashes them in, and we get Roofe in on a bosman next summer whilst Alfie goes with our best wishes and £20m.

Is there a possibility that we’ll try and get Roofe in now even with Alfie here? We need a third striker and haven’t spend much by way of transfer fees so far so spending close to £9m on 2 players would be a real statement of intent. The early transfer chat was that we’d spend “big” on lesser numbers!!

Is there a possibility that we’ll try and get Roofe in now even with Alfie here? We need a third striker and haven’t spend much by way of transfer fees so far so spending close to £9m on 2 players would be a real statement of intent. The early transfer chat was that we’d spend “big” on lesser numbers!!

That’s what I think will happen we can’t risk losing out on Roofe.
If Alfie leaves we will get another....

If we sign them and keep Alfie they won't know what's fkn hit them this season.

We aren’t spending 5m on a striker not to start, be realistic.

Be realistic? Who says he won’t start? If our net spend on players this summer is circa £12m how is that not realistic?

We play 1 up front, we aren’t potentially spending 5m on Roofe and letting Morelos value depreciate coming off the bench. 3.5m on Helander as well as development fees and Edmundson takes us close/around 10m. Just can’t see us spending that without some money coming in for someone.

I doubt it'. I think that's the reason Gerard was so vocal about anyone wanting Morelos needs to come in early with a lot of cash. The fact that Roofe is playing pre-season friendlies also sugests that there is nothing in the pipeline.
If we are splashing out on a CB, I doubt we can afford to splash out another £5m on a single player.

Would be nice though!

Back