Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this to be done with.Sick of his huffy face.I was done with him after the sellik red.If he'd been firing in goals instead of sitting in the stand i'm sure he'd be away by now.Good player that he is he can't be relied on as was shown last season.

I can honestly say I am at a stage now where if he goes he goes.

I used to worry each window that he'd leave but now I am just like meh, it is what it is. I trust that the gaffer would have a replacement lined up.

I can honestly say I am at a stage now where if he goes he goes.

I used to worry each window that he'd leave but now I am just like meh, it is what it is. I trust that the gaffer would have a replacement lined up.

For me - bottom line is he hasn’t won us a trophy so as good as he is. He is more than replaceable

SG last week was asked if Morelos wanted to stay. "You'll have to ask him". Tells you everything.

Do you think Alfredo Morelos wants to stay in Scotland for another season ??
Mate unless get the price we want for him then he is a rangers player.as for the manager saying you,d better ask him I won,t read to much into that.he more than likely knew he would be asked that question and given the answer he did cut the question short so to speak.

SG last week was asked if Morelos wanted to stay. "You'll have to ask him". Tells you everything.

Do you think Alfredo Morelos wants to stay in Scotland for another season ??

Probably best to give a bit of context to the quote by including a bit more of what Gerrard said.

Asked if Morelos would be happy to remain at Rangers, Gerrard said: “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him that question. He gives me the impression he wants to be here because he trains really well.”

It’s no secret that Morelos wants to move to a bigger league. That doesn’t mean he’s being anything other than dedicated to playing at his best for Rangers.

Probably best to give a bit of context to the quote by including a bit more of what Gerrard said.

Asked if Morelos would be happy to remain at Rangers, Gerrard said: “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him that question. He gives me the impression he wants to be here because he trains really well.”

It’s no secret that Morelos wants to move to a bigger league. That doesn’t mean he’s being anything other than dedicated to playing at his best for Rangers.
Gerrard's tone has changed though. Last season it was "he's going nowhere" "he loves it here" "he has just signed a new contract" "we want to keep him here for a long time" etc.

IMO SG is resigned to Morelos moving on and already has a replacement lined up. And that's fine with me.

I think he can talk a bit of English, I honestly think he plays on it.

That is just my opinion though.

I daresay he can mate. It's a 'go to' on here though that he can't speak/read/write any English which is probably doing the guy a disservice and now a hint that he is in general illiterate.

Last edited:
Gerrard's tone has changed though. Last season it was "he's going nowhere" "he loves it here" "he has just signed a new contract" "we want to keep him here for a long time" etc.

IMO SG is resigned to Morelos moving on and already has a replacement lined up. And that's fine with me.

Oh I don’t disagree with your ultimate conclusion at all mate, simply pointing out that many have lifted the Gerrard quote and are using it to make it sound like Gerrard is pissed off or there is a rift between the two by taking it out of context. That, of course, is precisely what the media wanted by doing exactly the same in their headlines.

We all know Morelos will go. Its simply a matter of securing the best deal. In the meantime, he will play, and score, for Rangers. It’s what he does.

Got the feeling he’s wanted away for a while now. That’s ok, was always going to happen. Maybe there isn’t as much interest as he had hoped and is trying to drum up more?

To be honest, I am not that fussed any more if Alfie moves on. As long as we get a decent transfer fee for him I am OK with it. Where I won't be OK is if we let him go for some shit fee that doesn't help us cover the costs of the new boys coming in.

I've said on other posts. A move to Palace would probably be a good move for him. However, Palace are a English Premiership team - they want him they can pay a handsome fee for him. £15m plus sell on fee is an absolute must as a starting point.

Morelos is a contractor, same as many of us on here. He follows the money.

I don`t get this "he wants to play in the top league" pish. He spat the dummy when he didn`t get to go to China and that tells me he`s only in it for the dough. Why else would he want to play there? We`ve re-negotiated 3 times with him (I think) and he still wants out. Unless of course he`s committed to us for the season and we don`t know about it.

But hey, he`s no different to me. I follow the money too.

Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

To be fair we will miss his goals but not his 'cheerful happy face'...

It seems the general consensus is that he's for the off. I'm curious if this is just people putting 2 and 2 together (reasonably to be fair) or if there have been suggestions that there is more to it?

It seems the general consensus is that he's for the off. I'm curious if this is just people putting 2 and 2 together (reasonably to be fair) or if there have been suggestions that there is more to it?

It is speculation based on the few facts we have...interview in Colombian newspaper, retweeting Palace rumour, being at airport etc.

Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

The players were given a couple of days off were they not? He's taken his Mrs to London - as he's done several times in the past. I don't think he's 'up to anything' at all.

He will go when we get the right bid in.

He hasn't ditched training tho, the players are off until Friday. You can question his temperament obviously but not his commitment, he has never gave us anything less than 100% and if/when he goes he will undoubtedly make us a tonne of cash.

Is he not allowed to go to the airport or go away for a night or 2 if the players have been given some time off?

Or is it just the wee man whos no allowed?:))

Im maybe in the minority but I will be gutted if/when he moves on.

Yes he has his faults but what a player he is and make no mistake we will miss him, not saying he is irreplaceable but Im still hoping against hope that he stays for 1 more year for this seasons title challenge.

Swings/roundabouts - he didn't score as many against top six as he might have and few in semi finals or finals.
He carried us at times the past season.There were games we were never scoring until he popped up.Im not saying he isn’t replaceable but it will take something special to get someone who will hit the ground running and giving us that kind of return.Believe it they fear him and want him gone.

He carried us at times the past season.There were games we were never scoring until he popped up.Im not saying he isn’t replaceable but it will take something special to get someone who will hit the ground running and giving us that kind of return.Believe it they fear him and want him gone.
We can replace him and let's be optimistic. Davis was finished, Kamara had poor second season with Dundee, Katic was a bomb scare....remember?! :)

If we can get a few quid for him fair enough.With cash we can buy a bit of quality.But he need replacing.Defoe is a terrific player but we need someone else in.

1. We get enough money for 2-3 excellent reinforcements
2. We lose the fear that Alfie will self destruct and sink the team
3. The media (and SFA) lose their main narrative tool against us

I love Morelos but it’s not hard to see positives.

While Alfie will leave and while his discipline could be better, I just don’t see an argument that him leaving will remove the media and SFA agenda against us. They’ll have just hounded our best player out of Scotland. Why would they stop? It’ll just change to someone else.

We already had a few renditions of “Defoe is a diver” last year. If Alfie goes that seems the most obvious next attack. Though if Ojo continues his current form then I suspectthat it’ll be him labelled a “diver” and that players are entitled to kick him because he is “disrespectful” (remember that long before Alfie?). So he’ll pick up bookings for ‘diving’ and will endure ‘tackles’ at knee height.

Alfie will go for the fee right for us but suggesting that we should do it because of the agenda against him is not valid. Appeasement has rarely been a productive strategy.

Won’t miss the frustration that comes with Morelos (the red cards, silly behaviour etc.) but the goals are a massive loss to the squad. Same with his physical presence in battling with the hammer throwers of this league. If he goes a suitable replacement of someone that can find the net as consistently as him is critical imo. Is Roofe that type of player?

No backtracking on the fact you made an arse of him being at the airport on his days off?
Apart from saying sorry to the poster who put me right? And what back tracing? He will net us over £10m profit and we will move on. I am perfectly comfortable with where we are now even if he leaves...no change in that at all.

Just my opinion but I think he will struggle in the EPL if that’s where he ends up.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like him, want him gone or anything negative towards him.

Just my opinion but I think he will struggle in the EPL if that’s where he ends up.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like him, want him gone or anything negative towards him.

He can learn but he's nowhere near ready now or a finished article. He has the basics though....strength, pace and eye for goal.

A lot of focus on his red cards, of which two I think were fair (the Aberdeen one at Ibrox and the one against Celtic). But not so much focus on when his goals pulled us out a hole. St Johnstone springs to mind, great performance at the sheep and his volume of goals are hard to replace.

People talk about his goals like it’s easy to replace. It’s one of the hardest things to get especially for what he cost.

He’s moody, petulant but also young, talented and will give us a profit. If he goes, best of luck to him.

It shows how far we’ve moved forwards that I’m not that bothered if he goes now. So long as we get a decent wedge it could be good for us if properly reinvested. We played our best football last season with Alfredo out of the team.

Won’t miss the frustration that comes with Morelos (the red cards, silly behaviour etc.) but the goals are a massive loss to the squad. Same with his physical presence in battling with the hammer throwers of this league. If he goes a suitable replacement of someone that can find the net as consistently as him is critical imo. Is Roofe that type of player?

Roofe is similar in style to Wilson of Bournemouth but not as good. Doesn't posses the physicality of Morelos but does score goals.

He can learn but he's nowhere near ready now or a finished article. He has the basics though....strength, pace and eye for goal.

I agree.

Would love to see him smash it down there but where he is at now I think he would struggle.

Scottish football suits Alfie’s style.

The cognitive dissonance around Alfie is cringeworthy. Like you need to be some sort of body language expert or behavioural psychologist to see what he's been like since the day he arrived.

Looking forward to cashing in and getting replacements and quality elsewhere with the funds.

Played our best football of last season when he was suspended towards the end. He’s a marked man in scotland whether you believe he deserves it or not.

Good luck to Alfie. Time to move on.
We did but there's an argument to be made that by that point the league was done so they were less pressurised games, there's no question he'll be difficult to replace but I believe Allen and Gerrard will have been sounding out a replacement for months so it's not going to be something we can't recover from, and when he does go he goes with my full blessings and thanks.

Madness.

Tim Weah just went for 10m.

Selling Morelos for 10m would be like retiring after 40 years service to BHS.

PSG sold Tim Weah.....making reference to PSG selling a player when talking about Rangers selling a player is so far off center.

It shows how far we’ve moved forwards that I’m not that bothered if he goes now. So long as we get a decent wedge it could be good for us if properly reinvested. We played our best football last season with Alfredo out of the team.

Probably sums up my feelings although I don’t get some of the posts on here that he is 100% away based on someone spotting him at an airport.

PSG sold Tim Weah.....making reference to PSG selling a player when talking about Rangers selling a player is so far off center.

Well since England will likely be his destination Southampton want 10m for that big dumpling Charlie Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back