Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

First game is a bit away yet, still qualifiers and friendlies so hard to call but I think it’ll look something like

Fod
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Ojo
Defoe
Arfield

First game is a bit away yet, still qualifiers and friendlies so hard to call but I think it’ll look something like

Fod
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Ojo
Defoe
Arfield

We'll have a very strong bench too. Time to get back to demolishing tripe like kilmarnock again like the old days.

The days of these tin pot teams thinking we're shite and have a chance against us are over.

Off course but there are other areas we could do with improvements? I haven’t seen Katic let us down his only bad game was Hamilton away? Anyway onwards and upwards.
He is still a young player and his shown his quality but still has plenty to learn in order to improve even further he had a few stinkers last season including Motherwell at home and Spartak away competition is healthy

Haven’t got a calculator on me but

45000 season tickets at an average of
£450 equals a fair bit of money.
It is. But I highly doubt that’s the average when you consider kids, concessions and shit view seats that are cheaper.

Morelos will be a tough player to replace.

You saw the difference he made on Tuesday night and through out the last two seasons.

He's a good player, sadly we won't be able to hold on to him and that will please our rivals.

Morelos leaves this summer and we need a replacement of similar or better quality. You are not going to get 40 plus games out of Defoe and Stewart is no where near the level of Morelos (no disrespect to Stewart).

It is. But I highly doubt that’s the average when you consider kids, concessions and shit view seats that are cheaper.

I would say it’s more than that on average. I think my seat is a relatively cheap seat (£495 for Govan/Copland corner). Most seats in Govan, club deck & main stand (biggest areas by number) are dearer so that will drive average season ticket price up considerably.

Spartak away mate ? Goldson was howling that night & much worse than Niko.
The full defence was rank that night imo and Katic was apart of it as was others my main point is that he is only 22 and still has a lot of development left and will get the game time to show it this season as he did last many seem to forgot he played over 30 times last season

The full defence was rank that night imo and Katic was apart of it as was others my main point is that he is only 22 and still has a lot of development left and will get the game time to show it this season as he did last many seem to forgot he played over 30 times last season

Not disagreeing with your main point mate, but CG scored a bad og that night as well as other bad errors. Everyone has bad nights my friend.

Morelos will be a tough player to replace.

You saw the difference he made on Tuesday night and through out the last two seasons.

He's a good player, sadly we won't be able to hold on to him and that will please our rivals.

Morelos leaves this summer and we need a replacement of similar or better quality. You are not going to get 40 plus games out of Defoe and Stewart is no where near the level of Morelos (no disrespect to Stewart).

Agree CC. Disappointed in the way some are creating his legacy.

He’s one phenomenal player.

I’d be surprised if Helander is our last signing.
image.gif

Off course but there are other areas we could do with improvements? I haven’t seen Katic let us down his only bad game was Hamilton away? Anyway onwards and upwards.

Gerrard publicly criticised his form at one stage last season and highlighted the Motherwell game at home as an example when he was taken off at half-time. He said he's a young player still developing so mistakes are expected. He felt he had maybe asked too much of him in the early part of the season.

Where we at with Helander? Seems to have been stories pulled from media outlets after people claiming it was done last night

Lovely stuff, this will increase Timmy's paranoia that we are paying 4 million upfront and a further 2x 1 million installments :)
Apparently the guy was mixed up, it’s 2 million now and 4 instalments of 1 million. And the future instalments are over decades not years.

Agree CC. Disappointed in the way some are creating his legacy.

He’s one phenomenal player.
With you all the way on this one.

Found myself checking I'm on the right board recently - we’ve got the league’s top scorer from last season on our books, he’s young and only going to get better yet it seems a significant percentage of posters can’t wait to see him gone. I think some people believe we can just pluck another 30 goal a season man off a tree

Bjorklund was one of the most ungainly players I’ve ever seen in our colours. He was utterly useless with the ball at his feet and not particularly strong in the air either from memory. What he had going for him was speed. He was quick in the recovery granted, but I’m hoping if this guy signs he’s a big step up in quality than Bjorklund ever was.
Not going to happen, in my opinion.
Despite all you say, Smith liked him.
Funny that.
By the way, so did the Sweden manager.
Okay, that was his uncle but he must have been okay for Sweden as well.
He was also a very good defender.

He is still a young player and his shown his quality but still has plenty to learn in order to improve even further he had a few stinkers last season including Motherwell at home and Spartak away competition is healthy
He was lucky against Celtic and hearts in those end of season games got to tight and turned both should if scored but for poor finishing and a good save from wes one of his biggest flaws is getting to tight imo. But that can be worked on he has so much potential to be a great defender

With you all the way on this one.

Found myself checking I'm on the right board recently - we’ve got the league’s top scorer from last season on our books, he’s young and only going to get better yet it seems a significant percentage of posters can’t wait to see him gone. I think some people believe we can just pluck another 30 goal a season man off a tree

Agree MarstonBear.

As Joni Mitchell said ‘you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone’ :cool:

I’ve loved watching that boy & will shed a wee tear when he goes. Special & talented footballer imo.

He was lucky against Celtic and hearts in those end of season games got to tight and turned both should if scored but for poor finishing and a good save from wes one of his biggest flaws is getting to tight imo. But that can be worked on he has so much potential to be a great defender
Same for Motherwells goal in the 7-1 game he got turned and ended up subbed at half time he's a good defender but he needs competition to improve

I really like Katic and I think his performance in the last Sheep game at Ibrox where he stood up physically to the big lumps they had up front and completely nullified them was excellent. But...he's still young and a bit of a work in progress. Looking at his stats for the season and you can see that he's a good bit behind Goldson in terms of performance.

Not going to happen, in my opinion.
Despite all you say, Smith liked him.
Funny that.
By the way, so did the Sweden manager.
Okay, that was his uncle but he must have been okay for Sweden as well.
He was also a very good defender.

Listen I take no pleasure in slagging the guy off.
It’s only an opinion but my memory is of a player with very limited ability whose second touch was usually a tackle while he was at Rangers. Maybe he was used to more time on the ball in different leagues prior to coming here I don’t know, but we’ll just have to disagree because I never rated the guy. Wattie did fair enough and I concede the guy played at a decent level throughout his career. When you say “a very good defender” though I’m thinking of guys like Moore, Papac, or Bougerra and that’s before we even discuss the excellent ones we’ve had over the years.! It obviously depends how you view the game. Good job we’re all different eh?

As I have previously posted, Lustig strolled our league (except last season v Kent). He's a big loss for them

Hes really not.

Was decent when up against nobody swanning about like the big i am but he is/was their weak link last season and we exploited it(for the time he was on the park).

I would much rather he was still playing this season as well past his best and even that was average.

I love katic, hard as nails, goal threat and so much potential & I think we’ve just signed another one in edmundson.

He will get 25-30 games I’d say and if he gets consistency levels then Gerrard would drop goldson if he dropped his levels. No issues.

if the swede signs we have competition overall & the existing players must rise to that.

Hes really not.

Was decent when up against nobody swanning about like the big i am but he is/was their weak link last season and we exploited it(for the time he was on the park).

I would much rather he was still playing this season as well past his best and even that was average.
Did you understand my post ? Shite v us, but that's only 4 of 38 matches, ps he was on winning side in 2 of our matches last season You yourself said he was decent v nobodies (ie rest of SPFL). Their next rb may struggle v the diddies of SPFL. Take the anti Celtic goggles off.

Did you understand my post ? Shite v us, but that's only 4 of 38 matches, ps he was on winning side in 2 of our matches last season You yourself said he was decent v nobodies (ie rest of SPFL). Their next rb may struggle v the diddies of SPFL. Take the anti Celtic goggles off.

Yes perfectly thanks.

You said he strolled our league and will be a huge loss.

I disagree 100%.

I think last season apart he was reasonable because the opposition was so poor.

Last season he was the mentally challengeds weak point and was targetted.

This season would have seen him targetted and exploited even more.

Ergo in my opinion i wish he had signed a new deal and our wingers (and other spl teams)could tear him a new one.

No anti mentally challenged goggles here, i just think hes an at best average player who is well past his best.

:))

We'll have a very strong bench too. Time to get back to demolishing tripe like kilmarnock again like the old days.

The days of these tin pot teams thinking we're shite and have a chance against us are over.

Yep until the last few years Kilmarnock had never ever in their entire history beat us. I must have imagined that day, second last game of the season?, in what what would have been the TIAR season. Or "tinpot" Motherwell beating us at their ground near the end of that season - when I first started to worry about TIAR not happening.

Nostalgia never as good as it used to be.

Yes perfectly thanks.

You said he strolled our league and will be a huge loss.

I disagree 100%.

I think last season apart he was reasonable because the opposition was so poor.

Last season he was the mentally challengeds weak point and was targetted.

This season would have seen him targetted and exploited even more.

Ergo in my opinion i wish he had signed a new deal and our wingers (and other spl teams)could tear him a new one.

No anti mentally challenged goggles here, i just think hes an at best average player who is well past his best.

:))
He has some attacking stats that are up there with Tav, chances created, passes into the opposition box, completed crosses etc
I'm not a massive fan of stats but it's like saying Brown is shite, he's not but is against us. Not against us he strolls it controlling games, donkey Lustig will be a massive loss to them in over 33 games for them this year. It's great news

Back