How do we win the league next season?

Build up a lead and keep piling the pressure on.

I'm certain that they'll crumble if we can win our first 6 or 7 games. They have Neil Lennon in charge ffs.

The first game against them in crucial, but we really need to go into that game with maximum points.

Come on Rangers!

I totally agree. if we arrive at the first game against the yahoos playing well and with something approaching maximum points, and should we then go on to beat them, it would represent a massive psychological hammer blow. It would completely unnerve TLB who would immediately find himself under tremendous pressure, their fans who would go into full meltdown mode as they face the prospect of a once again dominant Rangers winning things.

I totally agree. if we arrive at the first game against the yahoos playing well and with something approaching maximum points, and should we then go on to beat them, it would represent a massive psychological hammer blow. It would completely unnerve TLB who would immediately find himself under tremendous pressure, their fans who would go into full meltdown mode as they face the prospect of a once again dominant Rangers winning things.

being top after the first round of games would be massive, then we could possibly get away with a draw at their place at new year.

1. Forget OF games...we are now a match for them and last season it ended up split, no advantages. Just play them as one off games.
2. Win crucial games as regards psychology...i.e. losing to Killie after winter break crushed us. On here it was like a death in the family. We knew....just knew. If we get a wee chance to take top spot etc we need to win those games.
3. Cannot experiment until a game is won...we dropped crucial points last season due to 3-5-2 and the like. Try these in training games and when a few goals up.

We need to start the season strong, I can't be bothered digging facts out but I am positive the last few seasons we have dropped so many points at the beginning of the season, at least that is how I remember it.

We need to start the season strong, I can't be bothered digging facts out but I am positive the last few seasons we have dropped so many points at the beginning of the season, at least that is how I remember it.
We have bad spells...autumn last year was shit. We kept going on about beating filth in December but were way behind by the time the game came around.

We need better discipline, more consistency and a fair deal from the refs, which is outwith our hands.

The mentally challenged games will take care of themselves.

Do the simple things correctly and we will be there or thereabouts when the trophies are handed out.

We need better discipline, more consistency and a fair deal from the refs, which is outwith our hands.

The mentally challenged games will take care of themselves.

Do the simple things correctly and we will be there or thereabouts when the trophies are handed out.

We need to avoid cluster fucks like the sheep games in LC and SC....both shapeless messy disasters.

Consistency and closing games out we had won.

Not being cheated by Officials is outwith our hands though.

Not sure I agree with that.

We should be pushing for VAR, and applying the same amount of pressure to referees which our rivals undoubtedly do, both directly and indirectly.

The whole agenda for last season was set before the opening game even kicked off, and was clearly evident after just 10 minutes had elapsed.

We need to win the games when we are far from our best form, Dundee away last season is a prime example. Games against the mentally challengeds will then determine where the title ends up, in a strange way I'm less nervous of the games against them than games against hivs, Killie and dolly.

We need a good start from day 1 at Kilmarnock. If we can get ahead, win the first game vs the Tims and they don't qualify fot the CL group stages, the pressure on Lennon will be massive.

I find a few well placed "No surrender" and saying "Stevie G man, Stevie G" repeatedly will see us clinch #55 I'm convinced of it. :p

Note: Seriously, we need to make Ibrox a fortress and stop dropping points against the 'lesser' teams to get up there and make a good fist of it against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Consitency, consitency and more consitency. Lack this and you can forget it.

If Rodgers was still their manager they'd be firm favourites for the title. The ginger alky with anger management issues leading them makes it 50/50.

We have had by far the better summer so far but it's important to remember they will still have a squad of players who know what it takes to win titles. I'm not banking on anything yet.

Possibly seems like an obvious question but I would like to see what others thought going from our games last season?

The strength in depth we have now will help while
we play 2/3 games in a week and hopefully cut out the silly dropped points we had - Motherwell & Dundee (both away) instantly spring to mind.

Better discipline as Gerrard has mentioned - as again it cost us points - Aberdeen and possibly Celtic away.

And finally I think we NEED to take something at Celtic Park this season.

By not dropping needless points to lesser teams…and that includes the bogtrotters!

We could lose all the old firm games, but will still win it if we beat everybody else.
No chance, if they beat us 4 times, and we beat everyone else, there is no chance they are dropping more than 12 points against everyone else,

We need to come through the 4 old firms with a better head to head than them

Get the first goal

Set a mental target that we need to score at least 3 goals a game so the refs can’t %^*& it up for us

Piggery.

Possibly seems like an obvious question but I would like to see what others thought going from our games last season?

we play 2/3 games in a week and hopefully cut out the silly dropped points we had - Motherwell & Dundee (both away) instantly spring to mind.

Better discipline as Gerrard has mentioned - as again it cost us points - Aberdeen and possibly Celtic away.

We will keep dropping points amd losing games if we dont know how to break teams down. What we did last time was just move further up the pitch and we got broke on and lost goals.
If still do not know how to break down a ten man defence then we are in the same boat. It may have been gerrards naivety or lack of experience even the players not being good enough, but its a new season and hopefully we know how to change mid game when we need to

We have bad spells...autumn last year was shit. We kept going on about beating filth in December but were way behind by the time the game came around.

That bad spell after the winter break was horrific too. Seemed to lose momentum and start dropping points here and there.

Don’t fall into the trap of playing to the same pattern of play like we have done in recent seasons. Too predictable and easy to defend. We need to recognise, quickly, when we’re starting to do this and change it fast. I like when we use our midfield to attack through the middle and open things up rather than working the ball down the wings straight out of defence.

Clinical finishing. Far too many games we miss chances to put the game to bed to then concede a late equaliser. Aberdeen away, Hibs home and away

Create more clear cut chances. Improve conversion rate.
Make better use of corners and indirect free kicks.
Timely substitutions.
Close games out properly when we have narrow leads late on.

No chance, if they beat us 4 times, and we beat everyone else, there is no chance they are dropping more than 12 points against everyone else,

We need to come through the 4 old firms with a better head to head than them

Only once in the last 5 years have they dropped less than 12 points all season and they are now a shadow of that team.

Point being, beating celtic won't win us the league, beating everyone else will.

Beat them twice at Ibrox and one draw at the shame stadium and stop the Killie, Hibs, Sheep slip ups.

And / or play like we did after the split last game apart plus avoid stupid red cards.

Also refs being fair every game helps

Take the officials out of the equation by not settling on a one goal lead. One goal is never enough until the final whistle goes. Capitalise on the numerous chances we make, improve discipline and not give the officials a decision to make. We do this and 55 is happening.

Turn draws into wins, better options from the bench! Games v them take care of themselves, its killie and the likes we need to beat

Only once in the last 5 years have they dropped less than 12 points all season and they are now a shadow of that team.

Point being, beating celtic won't win us the league, beating everyone else will.
If we got beat off celtic 4 times, that would prove that they were a better side than us,

So if we were then to win every other game in the league am sure they wouldnt slip up at least 4 times if we have managed to win every game. Hypothetical I know

Start games quickly and try to win them in first half. Far too many times last year the first half of games were played like a friendly and it allowed teams to sit in .

Overcome this fear of plastic pitches.
Stop dropping points to Aberdeen
Beat Celtic at least twice

That is obviously true, but I believe if Rangers were to win that first OF encounter it would prove psychologically devastating to select. Aside from the pleasure beating them always brings - it would bring about the mother of all implosions amongst their fans, TLB would probably be hounded out, and Lawwell go into full panic mode, as they see their 8-year long dominance of Scottish football coming to an end and the natural order restored.

We need to be utterly ruthless with every team in the league and win well in order to nullify any dodgy ref decisions harming results. I have no doubt we'll be even better against them,given the additions we've acquired.

don't make the same stupid mistakes as last season. (what a chance wasted to win the league), if we get a consistent team and go on a good run and not drop unexpected points .

Back