Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Yes perfectly thanks.

You said he strolled our league and will be a huge loss.

I disagree 100%.

I think last season apart he was reasonable because the opposition was so poor.

Last season he was the mentally challengeds weak point and was targetted.

This season would have seen him targetted and exploited even more.

Ergo in my opinion i wish he had signed a new deal and our wingers (and other spl teams)could tear him a new one.

No anti mentally challenged goggles here, i just think hes an at best average player who is well past his best.

:))
I agree. His legs had gone (and his arse whenever he seen Kent). According to yahoos I know at work he was sitting deeper and not getting up the park and with Brown preferring to sit deep as well they were effectively a man down in an attacking sense. Seen it clearly in the games against us at Ibrox.

Yep until the last few years Kilmarnock had never ever in their entire history beat us. I must have imagined that day, second last game of the season?, in what what would have been the TIAR season. Or "tinpot" Motherwell beating us at their ground near the end of that season - when I first started to worry about TIAR not happening.

Nostalgia never as good as it used to be.

To be fair you are referencing games from 21 years ago! Yes they are tin pot and it's considered the norm us pumping them.

Yes perfectly thanks.

You said he strolled our league and will be a huge loss.

I disagree 100%.

I think last season apart he was reasonable because the opposition was so poor.

Last season he was the mentally challengeds weak point and was targetted.

This season would have seen him targetted and exploited even more.

Ergo in my opinion i wish he had signed a new deal and our wingers (and other spl teams)could tear him a new one.

No anti mentally challenged goggles here, i just think hes an at best average player who is well past his best.

:))
Any mentally challengeds I've spoken to at work would agree with you, they are delighted he's away.

He has some attacking stats that are up there with Tav, chances created, passes into the opposition box, completed crosses etc
I'm not a massive fan of stats but it's like saying Brown is shite, he's not but is against us. Not against us he strolls it controlling games, donkey Lustig will be a massive loss to them in over 33 games for them this year. It's great news

Gona need to Agree to disagree brother.

I trust the manager, but am concerned we’re paying a lot for a guy that doesn’t get a regular game for Bologna
Russell Martin got picked over Bruno Alves.

Sometimes managers have certain preferences and agendas for and against certain players.

It’s only one mans opinion, prior to that manager he was a regular for Bologna and prior to that Hellas Verona.

Thats poor defending in all honesty very rash challenge
To be fair to him, he's a left sided centre half who's been pulled out of position to cover for the other centre half. He's tackling with the wrong leg there.

I trust the manager, but am concerned we’re paying a lot for a guy that doesn’t get a regular game for Bologna

He played under Donadoni and Inzaghi at Bologna. Mihajlović came in and he picked up and injury and fell out of favour under him.

Lyanco is a cracking centre back and Danilo never seems to get dropped even although he's quite old.

Inzaghi used 3 at the back quite a bit and Helander played left of the three.

Video of Willie Collum giving a penalty against Helander - at least he’s got a taste of what’s to come...

2:10

Im kinda wishing i hadnt watched that.

I know the opposition is spain but he looks all over the place in the 10 minutes highlights on youtube:confused:

I know the opposition is spain but he looks all over the place in the 10 minutes highlights on youtube:confused:

I know looks slow but it is against Spain and in that Swedish team. He’s massive though and makes a good tackle in the game to stop one of their attackers.

Another game he was involved in 3-3 v Norway:

I watched the game, Sweden were all over the place. Lustig and Augustinsson were awful, Jonsson and Helander weren't much better but not really a game to judge him on.

He won a couple of headers inside his own bow, out jumping Ramos and he walloped Isco minutes after he pulled his shirt back.

To be fair you are referencing games from 21 years ago! Yes they are tin pot and it's considered the norm us pumping them.

I would say our team of 25 years ago was considerably better than our current team. CONSIDERABLY better. Yes we normally beat them but it is hardly a given in every game.

Otherwise we would win the league every season and clearly that does not happen. Have a wee swatch at the teams that beat us in the season we went into admin. Or the teams that beat us when Eck replaced wee Dick. So the current, relatively poor, Gers team has a norm of pumping these teams (when was that exactly?) whereas the brilliant teams of the past had a norm of not pumping these teams?? That is some logic.

So if we lost in the past to tinpot teams it is years ago and seemingly does not count. If we lost recently they are tinpot teams and we should always beat them. Emmmm because we always beat them! In the past. o_O

Anyway I think, as you do, that we will win the league next season after pumping all these tinpot teams!

I know looks slow but it is against Spain and in that Swedish team. He’s massive though and makes a good tackle in the game to stop one of their attackers.

1st Norway goal not really his fault
2nd Norway goal he actually done well in the 1-1 was unlucky
3rd completely his fault lost his man at the corner and he needs to be better than that of we are spending big money on him

He loses his man for injury time equaliser:oops::oops::oops::))

Normal service resumed i see with Helander being questioned before kicking a ball for us :rolleyes:

Sickening how miserable some people are.

Sugar to shite in 24 hours. Best we pull the plug on this deal right now. Quite incredible really. Are there any other fans like us? Anywhere?

There’s not a defender in the World you couldn’t pull up a video clip of and say ‘he was responsible for conceding that goal’.

Huge signing
Massive money
Let’s get excited again

Thor is on his way - let’s be happy

original.gif

Last edited:
I really can't be arsed with "rangers fans' who always moan about the amount of games the rangers targets have played. I trust the manager too choose who he thinks is good enough for rangers. All managers have bad signings. But they have good signings aswell

Surely fans are allowed to show concern about our most expensive signing in recent memory it's the same people that are going on about how much of a steal our recent free and low fee transfers have been in comparison to paying over the odds for players that are joyous at a hefty fee being paid surely their should be some trepidation at the fee and those that are mentioning his caps should be wary how many caps the likes of Pena and Herrera had for Mexico and how many Grezda has for Albania

Any idea how far away Palace are from our valuation then?

Is it ill phil £3.2m levels or they are offering £12m and we want £15m kind of thing?

They're offering nothing officially yet mate, but what's been mentioned is nowhere near £12 mill.

Absolutely nowhere near it.

They're offering nothing officially yet mate, but what's been mentioned is nowhere near £12 mill.

No chance he leaves then imo. I'd have thought the board will be wanting at least around £15m

Stewart Robertson (rather foolishly) claimed a few months ago that they value him at least the same as Dembele.

They can't now turnaround and take half of that.

I’ll say again ,there are some people on here I could never ever sit beside at Ibrox ,the negativity would make me want to poke my eyes out

Or maybe they do sit beside me but have a wee internet persona that is different from the quiet reserved person they are in the flesh ,maybe they NEED the Internet and the negativity to feel relevant as a person .

Who knows ?!

I really hope someone comes in with an acceptable bid for Morelos so we can get on with things and move on.

I'm not sure on his mindset if no move transpires in this window.

Are they just trying to unsettle the player then?
They’ll be aware of our valuation and whilst everything is negotiable, if their bid is as low as you’re implying, they should be told where to go and we should make our resolve that bit tougher.

Back