Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Nothing foolish about it.

You go in high to allow yourself room for negotiation mate.
In a negotiation, yes. I just think it will constantly be brought up by fans when he's eventually sold for less.

It was more the public statement at a fans convention that I thought was a bit foolish.

Are they just trying to unsettle the player then?
They’ll be aware of our valuation and whilst everything is negotiable, if their bid is as low as you’re implying, they should be told where to go and we should make our resolve that bit tougher.

Unfortunately he doesn't take much unsettling Tazza.

I'm sure potential buyers are aware of that.

Chancing bastards with the money thats floating about down there and the fees that they've already received.
It's a tactic that we use as a club aswell don't expect the first bid to be accepted we have a valuation and Palace will have theirs and their will be discussions as to if compromises can be made on either side at the end of the day the rangers management staff and board will know what fees are deemed acceptable for the club moving forward

In a negotiation, yes. I just think it will constantly be brought up by fans when he's eventually sold for less.

It was more the public statement at a fans convention that I thought was a bit foolish.

He's never going for £20 million, certainly not this window mate.

I see a difference in winding the player up ON the field to unsettle and get a reaction with trying to unsettle the player OFF the field to illicit a poor or non performance.

Thats poor defending in all honesty very rash challenge

Looked like it could have been outside of the box. The other defender was woeful left him totally exposed. He’s a big unit though and I like the look of him.

I would say our team of 25 years ago was considerably better than our current team. CONSIDERABLY better. Yes we normally beat them but it is hardly a given in every game.

Otherwise we would win the league every season and clearly that does not happen. Have a wee swatch at the teams that beat us in the season we went into admin. Or the teams that beat us when Eck replaced wee Dick. So the current, relatively poor, Gers team has a norm of pumping these teams (when was that exactly?) whereas the brilliant teams of the past had a norm of not pumping these teams?? That is some logic.

So if we lost in the past to tinpot teams it is years ago and seemingly does not count. If we lost recently they are tinpot teams and we should always beat them. Emmmm because we always beat them! In the past. o_O

Anyway I think, as you do, that we will win the league next season after pumping all these tinpot teams!

If you look at my post I said it's about time we started pumping these teams like the old days. We've dropped far too many points against teams we used to regularly hump, I feel we are building a team that will now get back to that norm so I don't know what you're objecting to. You citing one off games from years ago doesn't make them any less tin pot.

Is it genuinely the case that he becomes/is unsettled? I know it’s obvious he fancies his big move (and he’s earned it) when it comes but I’ve never seen anything from him to suggest he doesn’t like it here/his head drops e.g. his performance the other night

Would be happy to keep him if the price wasn’t right, as someone mentioned I would prefer him to Defoe in most games.

I assume its maybe meaning his disciplinary on the pitch?

Is it genuinely the case that he becomes/is unsettled? I know it’s obvious he fancies his big move (and he’s earned it) when it comes but I’ve never seen anything from him to suggest he doesn’t like it here/his head drops e.g. his performance the other night

Would be happy to keep him if the price wasn’t right, as someone mentioned I would prefer him to Defoe in most games.
I think he has geared himself up for a definite move this window. If nothing happens then he is going to be very 'frustrated' to say the least.

I’ll say again ,there are some people on here I could never ever sit beside at Ibrox ,the negativity would make me want to poke my eyes out

Or maybe they do sit beside me but have a wee internet persona that is different from the quiet reserved person they are in the flesh ,maybe they NEED the Internet and the negativity to feel relevant as a person .

Who knows ?!
90% of them probably don't go to games.

this is why we should be putting our foot down and holding out for as close to 20m as possible so teams stop thinking they can take the piss out of us
I've said this before, there will be a release clause in his contract and it's not going to be 15-20m, why would he and his agent agree to a figure that would jeopardize the move he covets? It's likely to be around 8-10m and when it eventually happens Robertson will likely spin it by saying the overall package could potentially be worth 20m (Dembele amount) to Rangers. This would include sell on percentage, but obviously would be hypothetical.

If Alfie spits the dummy and refuses to play or train will his fanboys still love him or will they see him for what he is?
So in this pretend scenario you have invented... are Rangers fans who like Morelos his 'fanboys'?

Oh wait, did you think this was insightful? That you think you have a better understanding of Morelos because he might refuse to train even though that hasn't actually happened and you've made it up?

The same could be said for 99% of footballers. You sound like an absolute try hard. There are no Morelos fan boys. There are Rangers fans, most of whom like him as he is our top scorer and best player.

This isn't teenagers on twitter arguing about Messi and Ronaldo.

When Goram refused to come back from holiday and got transfer listed... did you see him for what he was or was that cool?

I've said this before, there will be a release clause in his contract and it's not going to be 15-20m, why would he and his agent agree to a figure that would jeopardize the move he covets? It's likely to be around 8-10m and when it eventually happens Robertson will likely spin it by saying the overall package could potentially be worth 20m (Dembele amount) to Rangers. This would include sell on percentage, but obviously would be hypothetical.

Total fantasy stuff.

Why would we knockback around £9m then set that as his release clause?

We'll deal for £10-£12M on Morelos.

He'll be an empty shirt if he's denied the move to the EPL.

The notion he'll just shrug it off and play to his full capacity is absolutely fantasy.

Good god, how many examples do you need of players forcing moves through by just downing tools?

I think he has geared himself up for a definite move this window. If nothing happens then he is going to be very 'frustrated' to say the least.

Hmm yeah I can at least see where you’re coming from at that angle, that would not be a good scenario.

Personally I see it win/win if things worked out, keep Morelos or sell at right price and reinvest hopefully in Roofe and Kent on loan. Just touching on the other thread, Roofe and Morelos are different players with different abilities, skillsets and stages of their career so I don’t see the need to compare like for like. Roofe would be a great addition at the quoted price if the dominoes fall that way.

That's exactly how it'll be if things don't change, irrespective of how much Fredo sulks about it.

Don't really see the point in referencing his attitude mate let yourself down there.

Doesn't take much to get folk riled up on here and don't see what your achieving by drumming up hate for someone who is still a Rangers player.

He can sulk all he wants he still puts the ball in the back of the net, he's not exactly a smiling happy character the majority of the time so purely speculation on your part unless you hang about with him or his agent.

You have info fair enough pass it on without the shit slinging.

Don’t know the lad but trust Gerrard completely - think everything signing he’s made it’s clear there was an idea behind it that either paid off or didn’t. Certainly not aimless like it was previously. The only one that was a massive outlier was Sadiq - would love to know the story behind that one.

We've already rejected an offer of 8-10m for him from China. No chance there's an 8-10m release clause.

Some people on here seem to genuinely hate Morelos.

Imagine trying to chase our only 30 goal striker in a decade

It's ugly to watch.

Aye, he has his faults, but he carried the entire team for much of the season.

I genuinely can't understand what's happened with the overall opinion of people on here regarding Morelos. Is it because he doesn't smile? Is it because people are listening to the mentally challengeds and/or media too much?

A potentially world-class player and people want rid of him for reasons I can't understand.

Just think 12 months ago SG came in to Rangers and our defence was horrendous. He took the job then witnessed us get hammered at Parkhead and concede 5 at Easter Road. In 12 months he improved us massively with Goldosn, Katic, Worrall & Mcauley. Now we have Helander and Edmundson. What a turn around from watching Russell Martin!

We now have 3 solid CB's who cost a bit of money and a young prospect from England. I would never have thought this last summer, but in my opinion SG has us much further forward than I thought we would be after 12 months!

Tonight has been a very sad night on FollowFollow mate.
I despair at times.

It's been brewing for weeks.

The general trend on here is a player gets better the less they play (sometimes guilty of this myself) – it's working in reverse for Morelos. A couple of months of not seeing him play and people seem to be forgetting what he's capable of. He had almost god-like status at the start of the year and that's totally disappeared because of a red card at parkhead.

Don't really see the point in referencing his attitude mate let yourself down there.

Doesn't take much to get folk riled up on here and don't see what your achieving by drumming up hate for someone who is still a Rangers player.

He can sulk all he wants he still puts the ball in the back of the net, he's not exactly a smiling happy character the majority of the time so purely speculation on your part unless you hang about with him or his agent.

You have info fair enough pass it on without the shit slinging.

It's made up guff man. If he genuinely had that much inside info then the would have known who the mystery CB was. Like the rest of us he hasn't a clue.

Surely everyone can see through this pretend ITK nonsense now?

He didn't make one single tackle during his time in Scotland which is an outrageous stat, he simply wasn't suited to our game up here. I was expecting Amoruso but it wasn't to be, great in the air, technique superb but with nothing in front of him the guy was scunnered. Lack of playing time with his wage helps peddle the shitebag title, in all honesty a blind man could see he was wrapping himself in cotton wool for the World Cup. Seemingly excelling in Italy which is no great surprise, just an awful fit for Rangers. Gerrard not fancying him and bringing in 4 of his centre halves is equally as telling to me on how the gaffer rated him in a famous jersey
Why is Bruno Alves a shite bag?

Surely people aren't still peddling the timmy created myth that he shat it at Parkhead and faked an injury?

The man had a leg brace on the day after the match. He was out injured for several weeks and did not play again until the end of February.

Just think 12 months ago SG came in to Rangers and our defence was horrendous. He took the job then witnessed us get hammered at Parkhead and concede 5 at Easter Road. In 12 months he improved us massively with Goldosn, Katic, Worrall & Mcauley. Now we have Helander and Edmundson. What a turn around from watching Russell Martin!

We now have 3 solid CB's who cost a bit of money and a young prospect from England. I would never have thought this last summer, but in my opinion SG has us much further forward than I thought we would be after 12 months!

If the transfers this window turn out as well as they seem likely to, it'll be an incredible 3 windows from Gerrard/Allen.

What a turnaround.

Morelos is a top player and will get even better.

There's total and utter denial though about the situation we find ourselves in.

In fairness though, every set of fans on the verge of losing their star man acts like this.

I just hope it's dealt with quickly.

Back