Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

I think folk on here have the right to be weary about this signing.

£4m or whatever the price is, is a lot of money for us to be forking out. This has to be a good signing, or the board and the recruitment team will be in for a lot of stick.

We’ve wasted in excess of £10m buying shite the last few years, it is essential that this deal works out.

Will he have started pre season training with Bologna? Would imagine it will be 2 or 3 weeks before we see him in action, they will have him out doing laps to build up his core fitness

It's been brewing for weeks.

The general trend on here is a player gets better the less they play (sometimes guilty of this myself) – it's working in reverse for Morelos. A couple of months of not seeing him play and people seem to be forgetting what he's capable of. He had almost god-like status at the start of the year and that's totally disappeared because of a red card at parkhead.

Very very sad mate.

Despite what some people on here are saying that boy is a credit to himself for what he has ALREADY achieved in his short career.

No one is bigger than our club, but I will support that boy in his future career for the joy & entertainment AND COMMITMENT he’s given my club.

It's been brewing for weeks.

The general trend on here is a player gets better the less they play (sometimes guilty of this myself) – it's working in reverse for Morelos. A couple of months of not seeing him play and people seem to be forgetting what he's capable of. He had almost god-like status at the start of the year and that's totally disappeared because of a red card at parkhead.

I’m lost for words tonight Sebo. Not like me. As you say it’s been developing for weeks, but I find it very sad.

Will he have started pre season training with Bologna? Would imagine it will be 2 or 3 weeks before we see him in action, they will have him out doing laps to build up his core fitness
No he hasn't started pre-season yet with Bologna.

They started last week however he was not part of the returning squad, perhaps due to his International involvement and impending transfer.

So he will need a pre-season.

Don't really see the point in referencing his attitude mate let yourself down there.

Doesn't take much to get folk riled up on here and don't see what your achieving by drumming up hate for someone who is still a Rangers player.

He can sulk all he wants he still puts the ball in the back of the net, he's not exactly a smiling happy character the majority of the time so purely speculation on your part unless you hang about with him or his agent.

You have info fair enough pass it on without the shit slinging.

What have I said regarding Morelos's public persona that isn't already in the public domain?

He constantly tweets about any interest from other clubs and constantly talks about wanting to leave and play in a bigger league?

I think Morelos is a terrific player, but he is the one instigating the move, not me ffs.

People are asking me questions and I gave them an honest answer.

What have I said regarding Morelos's public persona that isn't already in the public domain?

He constantly tweets about any interest from other clubs and constantly talks about wanting to leave and play in a bigger league?

I think Morelos is a terrific player, but he is the one instigating the move, not me ffs.

Seemed very like you were implying he was being difficult within the club rather than just commenting on his "public persona", I think you know that though.

The comments were needless, added nothing positive to the actual content of your info and when you're posting with inside info they are troublemaking posts.

Just my opinion on it, you may feel you've done nothing of the sort but that's 100% how it has come across.

canny believe the amount of people either desperate to see him leave, or already inventing scenarios to in their heads to get themselves angry at Alfredo about.
I think it's a case of we know the lad wants to move away. Therefore people are being pragmatic about it and are just wanting to get a deal done at earliest opportunity so all parties can move on rather than it being a long drawn out 'saga'.

It's football. It happens.

I think folk on here have the right to be weary about this signing.

£4m or whatever the price is, is a lot of money for us to be forking out. This has to be a good signing, or the board and the recruitment team will be in for a lot of stick.

We’ve wasted in excess of £10m buying shite the last few years, it is essential that this deal works out.
It might be a bit of money. But if we didn't pay it. Rangers fans would ask where the money was. And say we're skint. Or some shite like that

'Constantly'

Not one manager he has ever worked under, and that includes 3 with us, has ever questioned his work rate or attitude.

I've no idea where this 'doesnt take much to make him sulk' p*sh comes from.

A lot of fans won't forgive Alfie's stupid red cards that cost us dearly and that animosity will linger until he leaves.

Agree MarstonBear.

As Joni Mitchell said ‘you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone’ :cool:

I’ve loved watching that boy & will shed a wee tear when he goes. Special & talented footballer imo.

Also wished they had paved their so called Paradise , and put up a Parking Lot
Surely fans are allowed to show concern about our most expensive signing in recent memory it's the same people that are going on about how much of a steal our recent free and low fee transfers have been in comparison to paying over the odds for players that are joyous at a hefty fee being paid surely their should be some trepidation at the fee and those that are mentioning his caps should be wary how many caps the likes of Pena and Herrera had for Mexico and how many Grezda has for Albania

Tbf mate he is playing at a far higher standard than any of the above .

Last edited:
Why is Bruno Alves a shite bag?

Surely people aren't still peddling the timmy created myth that he shat it at Parkhead and faked an injury?

The man had a leg brace on the day after the match. He was out injured for several weeks and did not play again until the end of February.

Sadly mate, the rumour started on here and as tends to happen, it suited the narrative of a number of posters to keep it going, regardless of whether there was any truth.

I think it's a case of we know the lad wants to move away. Therefore people are being pragmatic about it and are just wanting to get a deal done at earliest opportunity so all parties can move on rather than it being a long drawn out 'saga'.

There’s being pragmatic about it then there’s people constantly slagging Morelos. Must be the only club where our best player regularly gets it from his own fans.

He didn't make one single tackle during his time in Scotland which is an outrageous stat, he simply wasn't suited to our game up here. I was expecting Amoruso but it wasn't to be, great in the air, technique superb but with nothing in front of him the guy was scunnered. Lack of playing time with his wage helps peddle the shitebag title, in all honesty a blind man could see he was wrapping himself in cotton wool for the World Cup. Seemingly excelling in Italy which is no great surprise, just an awful fit for Rangers. Gerrard not fancying him and bringing in 4 of his centre halves is equally as telling to me on how the gaffer rated him in a famous jersey

The tackle 'stat' is interesting.

I'm sure it shows Van Dijk never makes a tackle either. And he's still one of the best defenders in the world

I’m a big Morelos fan as you know, but think this is probably the right time for him to move on if the deal is right for the club. My club.

But some posts tonight, and in recent days as It’s-Sebo pointed out, really let the Rangers family down mate. No excuses.

Seemed very like you were implying he was being difficult within the club rather than just commenting on his "public persona", I think you know that though.

The comments were needless, added nothing positive to the actual content of your info and when you're posting with inside info they are troublemaking posts.

Just my opinion on it, you may feel you've done nothing of the sort but that's 100% how it has come across.

I don't want to further derail what is a Helander thread, so we'll leave it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree mate.

However,

Many posters on here are making an arse of themselves because they're getting angry over stuff that hasnt even transpired. Who knows? Alfredo could turn his frustration at not getting a move into more goals. My personal feeling is that he DOES ideally want a move this summer, but i dont think he would lose the plot over ONE more season here.

Tomorrow will be another good day hopefully with everything finalised and possibly announced, setting us up nicely for Sunday’s game where we get to see the Rangers again :cool:

Noticed Accrington Stanley beat Marseille 2-1 earlier with a strong team out, fingers crossed their struggles continue on Sunday :p

A lot of fans won't forgive Alfie's stupid red cards that cost us dearly and that animosity will linger until he leaves.

Hes the clubs second choice striker currently. Doesnt deserve to be starting after the disgrace at Parkhead still. Lot of making up to do. But really, its time to cash in

I agree mate.

However,

Many posters on here are making an arse of themselves because they're getting angry over stuff that hasnt even transpired. Who knows? Alfredo could turn his frustration at not getting a move into more goals. My personal feeling is that he DOES ideally want a move this summer, but i dont think he would lose the plot over ONE more season here.
I guess we'll find out in due course mate.

I think he'll get his move. If he doesn't then it will be interesting to see his mood. And I don't mean anything snidy by that - just genuinely intrigued.

No chance he leaves then imo. I'd have thought the board will be wanting at least around £15m

Stewart Robertson (rather foolishly) claimed a few months ago that they value him at least the same as Dembele.

They can't now turnaround and take half of that.

Don't agree it was foolish. In fact I would argue the opposite.

We need to stop being pushover for transfers.

If C Palace want him then we should charge them the EPL tax. Selling him for under 15m to a EPL team would be terrible business.

I would argue it should be 20m minimum before it would be a fair deal.

Are you just mindblanking the fact there is an insidious agenda against the young lad from fans, media and referees alike?

if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers his ‘indiscipline’ would never be spoken about because it wouldn’t exist.

About time we got wise to the motives at play with our players.

It won’t linger if he gets his act together. The message will have been hammered into him by Gerrard, the only thing stopping him going straight to the top is his behaviour. I think the experience he’s had so far plus the fact no big money move down south has come in for him (yet), will force him to change.

As long as we get a %^*& off sell on as if he scores 10 in the epl he will be sought after.

As said hope the swede guy signs.

Massive statement of intent from board, Allen and Gerrard

Are you just mindblanking the fact there is an insidious agenda against the young lad from fans, media and referees alike?

if he wasn’t Morelos and didn’t play for Rangers his ‘indiscipline’ would never be spoken about because it wouldn’t exist.

About time we got wise to the motives at play with our players.
Irrespective of any agenda,he let his manager,
his teammates,and his loyal fans down big time.I still believe we could/would have won
the league last season if he had remained on a he park.

Back