Peter Crouch retires

11huistra11

After a lot of deliberation this summer I have decided to retire from football !
Our wonderful game has given me everything.
I’m so thankful to everyone who helped me get there and to help me stay there for so long. X

If you told me at 17 I’d play in World Cups , get to a champions league final , win the Fa cup and get 100 @premierleague goals I
would have avoided you at all costs.
It’s been an absolute dream come true

What a wonderfully underrated player the big fella was. Would have loved him at Ibrox at some stage of his career

Just checked some of his stats there, in 19 years in the PL, only scored 10 or more league goals 3 times.

Found that very surprising!

What a wonderfully underrated player the big fella was. Would have loved him at Ibrox at some stage of his career
I saw this lad in his debut season at QPR.
I remember predicting if he could learn to head a football that he would go on to play for England.
He did and I was right.

The skill was there and it was unusual given his height and shape, but he actually didn't know how to use his advantages in addressing a football in the air.
Obviously, QPR sorted this out and the rest became history.

Thank f*ck I won't have to see him in a Burnley shirt again next season, good player in his day though.

Cracking player and seems like a really sound guy as well. Wasn’t exactly prolific but was one of those players who had a knack for popping up with big goals in big games.

He’s someone I would actually want to see go into the punditry game, doesn’t take himself too seriously and has a bit of personality about him.

See him getting on the train at Clapham Junction a fair bit. He seems to know the train information people quite well as he's always chatting away to a pair of them.

On that Bet365 post, check what Crouch said his best ever team is. Unreal side that'd be.

Was fantastic footballer and 1 of the best headers of a ball hopefully he becomes a punditt on talksport and takes the w..ker jim sh..es job:))

A man who truly made the best of the talent he had. If only we could all say that. Constantly under rated by everyone but team mates and coaches. Probably tells a story of who he is as a man and was as a player.

abigail-clancy-sexy-picture.jpg

Always liked the big chap.Wonder what he's gonna do with all his spare time and just a stunning wife to pass the time away.

Back