Turkey Taps Problem And The Implications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korova Milk Bar

As you know, I’m not the biggest fan of the purchase of counterfeit goods which use the Rangers and Hummel badge in order to make a profit.

These fake tops are nothing short of embarrassing and they’re made from the cheap. The stitching is terrible on a lot of them especially the word “hummel” on the chest. They’ve also not been tested and could be made from materials which are a fire hazard or even contain bacteria that could make you seriously unwell.

Last season, we were told by the purchasers of these fake tops that they would buy the new strips when they came out. So, could someone explain why we’re still seeing them at Ibrox? Why can’t you buy last season’s orange top which was reduced to a mere £15 which ironically is cheaper than the shite being sold by Yusuf in Marmaris. If they started wearing fake Celtic tops in numbers to the Giro Dome, I would expect them to be ridiculed and rightfully so.

Buy official Rangers merchandise from St Enoch’s in Glasgow, Belfast and also at www.thegersstoreonline.com

By buying counterfeit goods, you’re encouraging more of them to be sold.

See pictures on what I’m on about:

LSztaYq.jpg

UWS3mEJ.jpg

xm9XuPM.jpg

cpkzgbG_d.jpg

Those are fuckin honking.

What sort of fanny would walk about in shot like that.

Plus, I’m phoning childline if I see any grown men or women putting them on their kids. LOL
I’ve seen livestreams from Marmaris and every third person has one of these on. There’s also another fake Orange one which is the same one in picture one with the shit stitching. Very bad indeed.

Wouldn't wear them myself but folk can buy what they like really. I highly doubt somebody spending a fiver on a top that's nothing like the real thing is gonna not buy the real top because of it. They either will buy the real top or they won't.

Rangers sell official scarves etc too but most still get theirs from unofficial street venders. Same thing.

They fakes are minging tho so don't see why anyone would.

Don't see the harm in it to be honest, do you ridicule everyone who buys non genuine gear from the stalls around Ibrox? Not much of a difference, the 2 tops above are the equivalent of buying a Rangers t-shirt, not exactly supposed to be copies of real strips.
They still look atrocious, buying a scarf of Rangers colours is different. These tops are posing as genuine Rangers and Hummel merchandise.

Don't see the harm in it to be honest, do you ridicule everyone who buys non genuine gear from the stalls around Ibrox? Not much of a difference, the 2 tops above are the equivalent of buying a Rangers t-shirt, not exactly supposed to be copies of real strips.

A plain scarf or a red white and blue hat is completely different to these poorly made, hideous eyesores.

They're as tragic as the certain hunt to find a mini market selling Buckfast that followed the purchase.

Guy on our bus has a villa in Turkey, everytime he goes over there he brings a load of these fake tops, to give away on the bus....mine went straight in the bin.

Doesn’t bother me tbh. Don’t think any of the pictured clobber is my taste but to each their own I suppose. You see folk dressed embarrassingly everywhere not just at football matches

So no problem and no implications?
4 or 5 fannies have bought shite taps.
And 20 or 30 fannies are getting in a tizzy about it?
And 1 fanny using the word tizzy in 2019.;)

Last edited:
I think some folks take this a bit too far. Folks buying these items are also buying genuine Rangers merchandise. It’s no different to buying t shirts back in the day from the stall holders outside the ground. When I was a teenager I had a T-shirt I got outside the ground saying “next to sex I like Rangers best” I thought it was funny and it wound up my mother.

Would you moan because someone turned up at a match in a stone island jumper? It’s not Rangers gear. What if it was also a turkey fake? Some folks like the garish stuff that’s produced and if they want to buy that because they like the tartan and rangers badge combo then so be it.

I personally don’t think the fakes effect rangers merchandise sales unless it was a direct copy of the stuff the club were selling and then I think there would be a point to be had about doing the club out of sales. Not everyone is lucky enough to kit themselves out in all the expensive Hummel gear, if they buy something from the club and have a couple of rangers looking tops from elsewhere what’s the harm?

Guys sell hats and scarfs outside the stadium for years that not one penny goes to the club, added to that jewellery shops that sell RFC rings.

I’m sure the club will be delighted at the support they do get from merchandise without worrying too much about the stuff they don’t get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back