Rangers Board & Steven Gerrard – Thank You...

Just one thing as an older bear who lived through our 9IAR.

When success returns to us this season, and it will, please TREASURE IT like nothing else before.

Many of us didn’t appreciate just how lucky we were at those successful times, and hopefully people have learned that lesson in recent years.

The squad is probably the best it’s been in a decade! The depth is great and there’s still rumoured to be another two coming in.
Gerrard talked about having two players for each position and I think we are pretty close to that.
The backing the board has given him and the work getting done on the stadium/htc is great to see.
55 will be unreal and I’m trying not to get over excited this year for it already!

When success returns to us this season, and it will, please TREASURE IT like nothing else before.

Many of us didn’t appreciate just how lucky we were at those successful times, and hopefully people have learned that lesson in recent years.
I was saying the same thing to my son Grigo. He knows how much this will mean to me and he knows I will be in tears when we get 55.
He knows hes lucky that he is One of the People.

I was saying the same thing to my son Grigo. He knows how much this will mean to me and he knows I will be in tears when we get 55.
He knows hes lucky that he is One of the People.

I’m so excited for all of the kids to see it UJ. They’ve been starved of it compared to us, but it will hopefully be an error they don’t make that some of our generation did mate.

Yes, I’ll have tears too. Can even feel it even thinking about it, but this club is a TRULY SPECIAL INSTITUTION that I’m honoured to share my life with.

And these bad days in recent years have been worth putting up with if just to remind us how lucky we have been.

And the way so many of us have stayed with the club over this period has been an absolute credit to the Rangers family, it really has.

I’m delighted with how the club is progressing. There are no guarantees obviously but we’ll definitely be competitive for the big prizes. The whole structure and running of the club has came on a million miles in a short period and I think will see us being a successful and solid club for years to come. Everything has been planned towards making us a top club again and there is evidence to suggest we are certainly on the way to getting there. I just hope an element of the support don’t start throwing the toys out the pram if we lose a couple of games.

Thanks will be reserved until silverware is in the trophy room, however, it is a plain fact that we are moving forwards far quicker than I thought we would. We will win the title. Just how long that takes is up in the air but it would take a brave man to call anything a foregone conclusion at this stage. It is there for us if we only reach out and take it.

We are doing this, everyone together and we won't be stopped under a man of the stature of Steven Gerradd
We have done our bit by snapping up season tickets in record numbers

The board has backed Steven Gerrard to the hilt with funds

Now it is down to the players to give it 100% every game no matter who we are playing and it might,just might be a season for all of us to treasure

Bring it on

Now time for some silverware.

Exactly, JJ.

I know it's been disproved ad nauseum, and the idiots who have been saying it since 2012 are just that - idiots, but I've been dying for us to lift one of the trophies for the last seven years.

Just so we can rub everybody's noses in the fact that it's our 55th Championship, it's our 34th Scottish Cup, it's our 28th League Cup.

Maybe I'm being a bit greedy, but who's to say we won't be claiming all three at the end of May? (Our 8th Treble)

Agree wholehearted GY. As one who lived those great times and attended the majority of the games, the last few years have been extremely difficult.

I am excited for the new season but it must be tempered to a degree with patience and realism. It may not click overnight, but if we get behind the team and see what they’re trying to achieve, we must accept and forgive teething troubles. Then, we’ll be well on our way.

The future is bright. Let’s go.

Exactly, JJ.

I know it's been disproved ad nauseum, and the idiots who have been saying it since 2012 are just that - idiots, but I've been dying for us to lift one of the trophies for the last seven years.

Just so we can say it's our 55th Championship, it's our 34th Scottish Cup, it's our 28th League Cup.

Maybe I'm being a bit greedy, but who's to say we won't be claiming all three at the end of May? (Our 8th Treble)
If/when we win the League Cup this season it will eventually dawn on The Harbourers that their period of dominance (*) is over. The Timplosion we will witness at the lesser of the 3 domestic trophies will be a delightful warm up to the main event.

Last edited:
Exactly, JJ.

Just so we can rub everybody's noses in the fact that it's our 55th Championship, it's our 34th Scottish Cup, it's our 28th League Cup.

Call me a miserable so and so but I just won't feel "we are back" until we have won at least a trophy.

Call me a miserable so and so but I just won't feel "we are back" until we have won at least a trophy.

I know what you mean, JJ. That's why the 2016 Cup Final defeat was so hard to take.

Knocking the peados out in the Semi, I thought the cup was ours for the taking. Unfortunately, so did our players!

We've have had some tough times to endure over the last few years but I genuinely think we are about to return to our days of glory.
They've had their time, it's our turn now.

Agree wholehearted GY. As one who lived those great times and attended the majority of the games, the last few years have been extremely difficult.

I am excited for the new season but it must be tempered to a degree with patience and realism. It may not click overnight, but if we get behind the team and see what they’re trying to achieve, we must accept and forgive teething troubles. Then, we’ll be well on our way.

The future is bright. Let’s go.

I agree with you BB. The club are doing their bit.
Our bit ? Passion & Patience. Not an easy combination, but it’s our job :D

Back