Advice please on RTV issue

Wishbone

I wonder if anyone has had experience of trying to contact RTV support?

I subscribe to the £5 a month option on Rangers TV and I logged in last week to watch the Oxford friendly. I noticed that I was being asked to pay £10 and I did so. I have subsequently been told by friends who also subscribe that this game should have been free to subscribers.

I initially thought that my subscription had ceased as it would have been 12 months since I took it out but then noticed that this is a recurring payment which only I can cancel at any time.

Today is the third time I have e mailed them with transaction details in relation to the above query without reply. Does anyone know or have had an alternative method of contact other than e mail. Very poor customer service.

Thanks in advance

Its not a lot of use to you now but when logging in to watch a match I never click on the link to buy a game (or you get the result you did) I simply click on the Login button and then use the Search facility (with no text in it) to get to the link to the relevant match.

As you are probably aware, their email is support@rangerstv.tv I get the impression its a 1 man band so responses can be slow. That said, the only time I messaged them I got a response in minutes. If you've heard nothing by close of play today then try messaging them about 2 hours before kick-off tomorrow when they will almost certainly have someone monitoring the Inbox.

Check you've got the email address right by the way - that double 'tv' at the end sometimes catches folk out.

Last edited:
Tried Emailing them myself, the response is nout, still waiting after a fortnight, poor show.
That's unusual from them. I'm messaged them a couple of times just before a match where the video wasn't loading and they replied almost instantly.

Not much use to you but you should email again, sound like your last one got lost in the ether.

I mailed them once last season got no response so rang Rangers. Was told they only dealt with e-mails so resent my query and it was answered promptly

Unrelated to the OP question but...

EVERY time I logon to Rangers TV, and I mean EVERY time.., I get this video !

hjYLOxZ.png

Auto-plays too :mad:

I pay that fiver and I had to pay for that game as well.
I have never had a game free.
I suppose I should sort it out but just think och the club get the money.
I did try emailing a few years ago but got no response.

I pay that fiver and I had to pay for that game as well.
I have never had a game free.
I suppose I should sort it out but just think och the club get the money.
I did try emailing a few years ago but got no response.

As I suggested to the OP earlier are you clicking on the link for the match before logging in? If so it will take you, naturally, to the page to purchase the match and, even worse, will let you pay for it.

Login to your RangersTV account then click in the Search box without typing in any search terms - just hit Search. It lists videos in date order with the most recent - and the upcoming match - at the top.

As I suggested to the OP earlier are you clicking on the link for the match before logging in? If so it will take you, naturally, to the page to purchase the match and, even worse, will let you pay for it.

Login to your RangersTV account then click in the Search box without typing in any search terms - just hit Search. It lists videos in date order with the most recent - and the upcoming match - at the top.
Thanks I will try that tomorrow.

Is it worth upgrading to the higher package?

Well that’s your call mate. You could sign up for the £17.25 package and get the live games for a month and then cancel if you choose. Most, if not all of those games, will also require a VPN if you are in the UK as well. Then you have the process of downgrading again.

I’d say if it’s only because you want the game tomorrow I’d be inclined to either say No or bite the bullet and pay just the £12 one off. If you would make good use of it - and have a VPN - for other matches then maybe the £17.25 is the way to go.

Personal choice really.

Well that’s your call mate. You could sign up for the £17.25 package and get the live games for a month and then cancel if you choose. Most, if not all of those games, will also require a VPN if you are in the UK as well. Then you have the process of downgrading again.

I’d say if it’s only because you want the game tomorrow I’d be inclined to either say No or bite the bullet and pay just the £12 one off. If you would make good use of it - and have a VPN - for other matches then maybe the £17.25 is the way to go.

Personal choice really.
I have used a VPN often and paid the 5.99.
However to the end of last season I thought that RTV was monitoring VPNs and blocking access.

However to the end of last season I thought that RTV was monitoring VPNs and blocking access.

There appeared to be an issue for some for the Ufa match but it never repeated itself as far as I’m aware mate. I use a VPN for every match without any issues.

There appeared to be an issue for some for the Ufa match but it never repeated itself as far as I’m aware mate. I use a VPN for every match without any issues.
I’m in the same boat as Bilkobear, paying £5.99 per game and using a VPN. If I upgraded to £17.25/ mth, will that mean I would get all the games without any more costs? Obviously signing up with the VPN switched on

I’m in the same boat as Bilkobear, paying £5.99 per game and using a VPN. If I upgraded to £17.25/ mth, will that mean I would get all the games without any more costs? Obviously signing up with the VPN switched on

Firstly mate, you don’t need to have the VPN on to upgrade your package. Can do that just as normal from the UK.

If you have the Unlimited (£17.25) package you do get all the games they televise live with no additional costs. Note you won’t get Europa League games and we also missed out on Scottish Cup replays that were played on Champions League nights last season. No idea how the Scottish Cup will go this year with Premier having the rights to some matches again.

Where you need to turn your VPN to On is when you are starting the match stream because that’s when they check your location. Thereafter you can leave it on or turn it off.

Firstly mate, you don’t need to have the VPN on to upgrade your package. Can do that just as normal from the UK.

If you have the Unlimited (£17.25) package you do get all the games they televise live with no additional costs. Note you won’t get Europa League games and we also missed out on Scottish Cup replays that were played on Champions League nights last season. No idea how the Scottish Cup will go this year with Premier having the rights to some matches again.

Where you need to turn your VPN to On is when you are starting the match stream because that’s when they check your location. Thereafter you can leave it on or turn it off.
Great advice VB. I’ll subscribe in the morning. Cheers

I too use a VPN and am expecting that 'RTV' will at some point, perhaps very soon, block access via VPN which is why I have never gone for the 'annual' option as I would be distinctly unchuffed if I had paid so much up front only to find that it suddenly didn't do what I had paid for.

Sadly the recent hype in charges means that I willl no longer subscribe and will take my chances on 'perhaps' dodgy streams ! And whereas friendlies were previously free to view, they are now having a laugh and I am almost certainly now going to cancel the £5 pm access to what is a pretty limited / amateurish service !

Last edited:
Great advice VB. I’ll subscribe in the morning. Cheers

It’s mental on here with folk asking for advice on a matchday. Get logged in early and watch some videos then turn on your VPN and click on the match stream from any time after 1400hrs. At that stage you’ll just get a photo of Ibrox but you will know it’s going to work for you.

Still telling me I need to pay £10.00 to watch oxford game and St Joseph. I’m logged in. Much as I’d like club to get money this could end up being expensive. Asking me for 99p to watch old highlights.

I wonder if anyone has had experience of trying to contact RTV support?

I subscribe to the £5 a month option on Rangers TV and I logged in last week to watch the Oxford friendly. I noticed that I was being asked to pay £10 and I did so. I have subsequently been told by friends who also subscribe that this game should have been free to subscribers.

I initially thought that my subscription had ceased as it would have been 12 months since I took it out but then noticed that this is a recurring payment which only I can cancel at any time.

Today is the third time I have e mailed them with transaction details in relation to the above query without reply. Does anyone know or have had an alternative method of contact other than e mail. Very poor customer service.

Thanks in advance

Still no response as of this evening and tried via the contact us page on Rangers website yesterday rather than direct e mail. Terrible customer service. Think i am going to have to contact the club direct as a last resort.

Still no response as of this evening and tried via the contact us page on Rangers website yesterday rather than direct e mail. Terrible customer service. Think i am going to have to contact the club direct as a last resort.

That's poor mate. I've only had to use them once and the reply was lightning fast. You've definitely got the right email address? I've seen the double tv at the end catch folk out.

Back