What's Your Matchday Routine?

Korova Milk Bar

As I come from Ayrshire, I park my car in Dumbreck, then it's a short 15 minute walk to Ibrox. Walking past the petrol station and greeted by the Main Stand Facade always puts you every single time. I usually always walk around Ibrox before picking up a rising stars and matchday programme and heading inside 30 minutes before kick-off. If I'm not driving I usually head into the Louden for a pint.

What's your matchday routine?

Last edited:
Travelling from Belfast i get my stuff ready the night before- sandwiches made, scarf ironed, clothes ready and alarm set for 5am.

Matchday- Up at 5, showered and ready, My mate picks me and my brother in law up in a taxi and we go to where the Supporters bus collects us, Then we go to get the boat at 7.30. 9.45 sock and then down the road on the bus to Glasgow, We either go to the Louden or Blue Star club.

Go to cheer on The Rangers to hopefully another victory, then back on
Supporters bus to catch the 7.30 boat home. In bed by 11pm.

‘It’s Follow we will’

If it’s a Saturday (rare I know) I’ll take my wee girl to soft play in the morning, then head home at 12, pick up the Mrs and take my wee girls to their grans, pick up my 2 brothers and then the 4 of us head through from paisley leaving about 1pm.
Get up and parked then talk about all manner of shite til about 30 mins to KO and head in

Travelling from Belfast i get my stuff ready the night before- sandwiches made, scarf ironed, clothes ready and alarm set for 5am.

Matchday- Up at 5, showered and ready, My mate picks me and my brother in law up in a taxi and we go to where the Supporters bus collects us, Then we go to get the boat at 7.30. 9.45 sock and then down the road on the bus to Glasgow, We either go to the Louden or Blue Star club.

‘It’s Follow we will’
Total respect to our Northern Irish support especially early kick-offs.

Get a flight on a Thursday. Try not to rip the arse out the bevvie on the Friday. Saturday hangover guaranteed. My auld yin will try and rouse me with some Morton’s Roll and Square sausage - which when you live in London is a smell only a working class weegie truly adores.

Shower. Shite. Half a litre of irn bru. Uber to the louden and get rat arsed with my auld yin before doing the 10 minute sprint for our seats. Arrive at seats usually already half cut. Sometimes we do the old ‘need to hand the keys to the wife’ and jump back down at half time for a quick pint in the louden. Haha

Not as often these days with work. Fck I miss it. Special days.

Get a flight on a Thursday. Try not to rip the arse out the bevvie on the Friday. Saturday hangover guaranteed. My auld yin will try and rouse me with some Morton’s Roll and Square sausage - which when you live in London is a smell only a working class weegie truly adores.

Shower. Shite. Half a litre of irn bru. Uber to the louden and get rat arsed with my auld yin before doing the 10 minute sprint for our seats. Arrive at seats usually already half cut. Sometimes we do the old ‘need to hand the keys to the wife’ and jump back down at half time for a quick pint in the louden. Haha

Not as often these days with work. Fck I miss it. Special days.
Brilliant haha.

As I come from Ayrshire, I park my car in Dumbreck, then it's a short 15 minute walk to Ibrox. Walking past the petrol station and greeted by the Main Stand Facade always puts you every single time. I usually always walk around Ibrox before picking up a rising stars and matchday programme and heading inside 30 minutes before kick-off. If I'm not driving I usually head into the Louden for a pint.

What's your matchday routine?

Whose the "Old Lady" it is certainly not Ibrox Stadium

Get up, load up the fridge and wait for my mates from back home get through on the bus. A few beers and a couple of spliffs and leave the house five minutes before KO 100yards walk and we’re at the game.

12:30 train fae Troon
Meet mate in the Union for a couple
Off to game
Return to Union
Bus to Denholms
Train to Troon on 'open return' ticket:p

Meet my mates walk to the pub an hour before the bus leaves then the wee club for a beer or two depending on how busy the road was on the way up and how busy the wee club is and how long it takes to get served , if game is done and comfortable leave 10 mins early for another beer before the bus back to the pub and if a Saturday out until I feel like it but in a Sunday just an hour back in the pub

‘It’s Follow we will’
Superb mate, ultimate respect.

Shower, shite, shave then a roll and sausage for breakfast. Jump on the underground at Sheilds Road about an hour before kick off. Always buy wine gums from the shop next to the Sportsman chippy. Unless it's a European game. Wine gums are only lucky for domestic competitions. Pick up a couple of rising stars then into seat.

‘It’s Follow we will’

Never in my staunch going days have I ironed my scarf. What have I been missing?

Travel from the east coast, always arrive ridiculously early, sometimes park in Albion, others along PRW. Still get that feeling from seeing our stadium like I did when I was a wee boy, always have a couple laps round Ibrox, then in as soon as turnstiles open to take my seat.

Varies depending on who we're playing, if me and my mate are getting a few drinks or not. But usually drive into city centre from Cumbernauld and then walk over to Ibrox. If the weather is shite, subway over. If we're working, just walk over from work and a few pints along the way.

Shower, shite, shave then a roll and sausage for breakfast. Jump on the underground at Sheilds Road about an hour before kick off. Always buy wine gums from the shop next to the Sportsman chippy. Unless it's a European game. Wine gums are only lucky for domestic competitions. Pick up a couple of rising stars then into seat.

Like the bit about the wine gums. If we all did this then 55 would be assured!

Arrive usually around 11.30am, sometimes park on PRW outside Bellahouston Park but even that early it's usually full all the way from the Esso garage all the way to Cardonald roundabout,so usually park on Helen St, sometimes wander about ASDA,sometimes get the subway into the city and wander about the shops,then lunch and subway back,sometimes just wander about Ibrox.

Arriving early gets me a good parking spot which enables me to get onto the M8 in minutes and I'm usually home for 5.30.

Up sharp, parade about the house with the tunes on then watch soccer AM with a few rolls. Shower and clobber on, walk to bus, #18 from Burnside into town, coffee and a wonder round to the subway. Off at the Louden and few swallies beforehand.

No matter who we play or when i still get that same feeling coming round the corner and seeing Ibrox infront of me.

Few quick ones after back in Louden and picked up. Home with a takeaway and scrutinise Follow Follow til Match of the Day comes on!!!

I wouldnt change it for the world.

Work away in the Midlands of England;if travelling up from there it`s rolls done on Friday night;placed in the fridge with a few buds. Up Saturday 5.30;shite,shower,juice and coffee. Bus,train @ 7.40,and into Glasgow for 11.15.... collect autographs,so if it`s not raining(!!) I`ll hang around with like minded Bears to see who`s coming,for a good 2-3 hours;until it`s time to go in...if the rain`s on,I`ll bin the graphs and head to the Louden or the RR club for a few beers with pals. Stick around after the game (especially if I`ve missed someone who`s attended)while the crowd disperses;subway back round to St.Enoch;carryout; 18.40 train;gets in at 22.30;bus home and in the door 23.00.
If from Dumfries it`s lazy Saturday morning;breakfast and into the car for 11.15..Ibrox for 12.30; into the Asdas for juice and savouries;and donder along to the ground.
Stick around after the game as before;leave around 6 and with a clear road it`s back for 19.30.
Bar meal in the local and then cut loose later..:cool:

Back