NUFC fans boycotting St James’s

Trueblue82

Official Ticketer
NEWCASTLE fans are hitting hated owner Mike Ashley in the pocket — with almost 12,000 season tickets left unsold.
Yesterday the Toon put them on general sale after the deadline passed for existing holders to renew their seats.

And when Sun Sport checked the tickets website, there was a sea of green on the St James’ Park map, with a staggering 11,710 tickets still up for grabs. That is 6,500 MORE than this time last year.
Newcastle usually flog around 42,000 season tickets every campaign and sold out their allocation in 2017.

Fans seem to be voting with their feet in the wake of Ashley’s failure to tie down ex-boss Rafa Benitez — who left largely because of the billionaire’s lack of ambition.

Supporters’ groups are also planning a boycott of the Premier League opener against Arsenal on Sunday, August 11.
That would cause huge embarrassment for manager-in-waiting Steve Bruce — a boyhood Toon fan — in his first game in charge.

Anti-Ashley campaigners last week released a joint statement calling for fans to join their boycott.

They said: “Ashley is wrong for this club and wrong if he thinks he has a future here.
“He does not give or build, he only knows how to take and throw his weight around.
“His bottom-line approach will see this club fail. What we need is a message, that this man is toxic. We need him gone from our club.”

Newcastle are the only Premier League club yet to make a signing this summer.

And they have sold last season’s 13-goal top-scorer Ayoze Perez to Leicester for £30million. The imminent appointment of ex-Sunderland boss Bruce has only increased the anger of the fanbase
And while the Geordie manager is confident he can win around the Toon Army, there is nothing he can do to stop their war against Ashley.

It says supporters clubs are planning a boycott of the first game. Wtf is that going to achieve. Unfortunately for them it's going to take a lot more than just missing the first game.

Sad thing is it won't stop a load of tourists showing up to see the glamour of the PL and attendances won't even effect the fat man until they've been relegated and down long enough to stop receiving payments.

They're fecked.

They have been sleep walking. Ashley will keep all the merch deals and will suck them dry for eternity.

Like what he is trying to do with us.

It’s a start and we on here sometimes forget our boycott wasn’t universally supported and some within our support used it to their advantage and got better seats and boasted about it on social media.you have to start somewhere while our boycott did hit the rats in the pocket it was the business skills of Dave King and the three bears who outmaneuverd the rats.

NEWCASTLE fans are hitting hated owner Mike Ashley in the pocket — with almost 12,000 season tickets left unsold.
Yesterday the Toon put them on general sale after the deadline passed for existing holders to renew their seats.

And when Sun Sport checked the tickets website, there was a sea of green on the St James’ Park map, with a staggering 11,710 tickets still up for grabs. That is 6,500 MORE than this time last year.
Newcastle usually flog around 42,000 season tickets every campaign and sold out their allocation in 2017.

Fans seem to be voting with their feet in the wake of Ashley’s failure to tie down ex-boss Rafa Benitez — who left largely because of the billionaire’s lack of ambition.
Supporters’ groups are also planning a boycott of the Premier League opener against Arsenal on Sunday, August 11.
That would cause huge embarrassment for manager-in-waiting Steve Bruce — a boyhood Toon fan — in his first game in charge.

Anti-Ashley campaigners last week released a joint statement calling for fans to join their boycott.

They said: “Ashley is wrong for this club and wrong if he thinks he has a future here.
“He does not give or build, he only knows how to take and throw his weight around.
“His bottom-line approach will see this club fail. What we need is a message, that this man is toxic. We need him gone from our club.”

Newcastle are the only Premier League club yet to make a signing this summer.

And they have sold last season’s 13-goal top-scorer Ayoze Perez to Leicester for £30million. The imminent appointment of ex-Sunderland boss Bruce has only increased the anger of the fanbase
And while the Geordie manager is confident he can win around the Toon Army, there is nothing he can do to stop their war against Ashley.
Given the problems his SD empire is having after yesterdays accounts delay and the 10% decrease in share value, the pressure put on by the Newcastle fans might just force him to bale out and sell.

Wont do them any good. They get that much TV money that the impact of a half full stadium is negligible.
I understand that point, but it's not an argument I can accept. Had Rangers had the TV money and he still had his hands round our throat, yes it would have been more difficult but we would have driven him out, of that I have no doubt

The fat arrogant bastard has an ego that will see him destroy that club before he backs down. Thank %^*& he no longer has any say at Ibrox.

All seems a bit too-little, too-late.
They should have done this years ago, in proper numbers.
People are focusing on the fans who haven't taken out a season ticket...but focus should be on those who HAVE.
Strength in numbers is the only way to get your point across to this toad.

In amongst the ones who haven't renewed, will be those who are disillusioned with the squad, those who fear a relegation battle of a season, and those who thought the club had already been sold.
None of them, season ticket holders or not, should trust a word from the top of that club until he is gone.

The ones who have renewed are not playing the game.
I understand it's difficult to give up something you love dearly, but sometimes fighting for that thing involves sacrifices.

For their sake, I hope they get rid of the fat bastard.

Fighting a huge battle at the end of the day, fair play to anyone who has a go at it. Very hard to get a full boycott going at a Club getting attendances of 1,000 let alone 50,000.

Some of the comments here are harsh, they are starting to turn and it has taken them longer than maybe it should - but I remember the early attempts to arrange boycotts etc on here being met with posts of “I haven’t missed a game in 30 years” etc and we shouldn’t forget the total failure to boycott scumdee utd. It takes time to get the message through to people and I for one wish them well in getting rid of the fat cancerous bastard.

Fighting a huge battle at the end of the day, fair play to anyone who has a go at it. Very hard to get a full boycott going at a Club getting attendances of 1,000 let alone 50,000.
We had a 60% reduction in ST sales as part of our boycott to where we are now, would love to see a sparse St James's live on TV around the world, sponsors, commentators, media and importantly League and FA officials would finally be forced to fully discuss the elephant in the room

Some of the comments here are harsh, they are starting to turn and it has taken them longer than maybe it should - but I remember the early attempts to arrange boycotts etc on here being met with posts of “I haven’t missed a game in 30 years” etc and we shouldn’t forget the total failure to boycott scumdee utd. It takes time to get the message through to people and I for one wish them well in getting rid of the fat cancerous bastard.
sometimes we tend to rewrite history around the rats and particularly ashley’s Involvement.we did have supporters who supported the rats and Ashley.remember the abuse sons of struth and anybody who put their heads above parapet took from some of our support during that time.

We've had Ashley strangle us and chased him away by the time they've done the square root of %^*& all up until now, It may seem harsh but we can only reflect back on 1st hand experiences of Ashley as a fan. A lot of it is just shaking heads at the Newcastle fans rather than deep rooted negativity. You can't raise a fight in other people, they need to do it themselves

Should've happened years ago but more power to them you've got to start somewhere.

I just hope they haven't bought the new kit either and hit him in as many ways as possible.

What goes in their favour is Newcastle wasn't one of the 11 clubs down south that could still turn a profit without a single supporter entering the stadium. They also had (not sure if they still do) one of the biggest squad overspends.

Force that fat parasitic rat out the game for good.

They have a chioce.

Accept mediocrity, go every week and sit and watch utter dross in a poisonous atmosphere where fans will turn on other fans.

or

Join together and fight to rid the club of the leech.

Even the most blinkered fans must know by now he is bad news, the backlash will only grow now. I cant believe how long its taken the penny to drop, but at long last the geordies have woken up and I hope they give him grief in as many ways as they can.

Just seems so many fans in England are willing to accept this sort of stuff now - from bad ownership to kick off times many just don't seem too bothered. Think many who are willing to boycott/fight back just drift away and do other things or go non league for their fix in some cases.

Its ok people saying boycott your club but its easier said than done. For some people supporting their club is their life.

Hell mend then I’m sorry but I can’t feel sorry for anybody who lines that horrible c*nts pockets.

It tore our support apart our protesting and knowing some mates going to home games while some weren’t wasn’t nice.

This mob continually fund him and until they stop I have no sympathy what so ever.

Harsh comments here, during our ‘boycott’, and while being in a lower league, we were still getting 25k plus at games. We still get people shopping in Ashley’s megastore with 2 year old stock ffs.
We only had to worry about him owning 9% of us and some dodgy sponsors deals, he had them completely by the big hairy ones.

Good luck to them though, everything has to start somewhere.

I dread to think where we'd be if he had continued to choke us to death with awful retail deals and gradually assume a higher shareholding with loans, secured against club assets. We'd be looking up at Aberdeen and Killie last season, finishing a distant fourth.

We're still not rid of him. Bad press simply doesn't matter, people still buy stuff from his stores. Think he may have severely misjudged the Frasers and Debenhams moves though.

Late in starting but well done to the Newcastle fans in getting this off the ground. Financially a boycott won’t hurt the tat man very much (too much tv money) but the negative publicity he will receive will be the real achievement.

Back