Rangers v Cambridge Utd closed doors Tuesday 16th July

Murphy obviously not ready for first team action quite yet. Hope he won’t be long catching up with the rest.

Not surprised to see that line up. We're playing Thursday and have just played on Sunday. Can't believe people thought our players involved on Thursday would be playing any part in a Tuesday friendly.

Will be pretty much the same team as the first leg.

Would Helander be a trialist if he hasn't received international clearance?

Edit to say i've seen this answered above as "no"

Could helander be one of the trialists? He’s subject to international clearance so perhaps this is a way around it and for the closed doors component?

International clearance doesn't mean anything for friendlies/bounce games.

It certainly does in England. Look up Christian stuani when he signed for boro. Could only play closed door friendlies until int. Clearance

That's what I mean, this is a closed door friendly/bounce game so he's free to play

What??? He’s signed but can’t techinally play until he has clearance, I’m sure clubs have done this before? Why the reaction?
He hasn't even started his pre-season yet. Helander isn't listed as a trialist and could play anyway.

He hasn't even started his pre-season yet. Helander isn't listed as a trialist and could play anyway.
He was playing competively 4 weeks ago and assume bologna are back in pre so not out of realms he plays 20 against a lower league team is it? No need for the mockery

He was playing competively 4 weeks ago and assume bologna are back in pre so not out of realms he plays 20 against a lower league team is it? No need for the mockery
Bologna started pre season last Thursday so he's a good couple of weeks behind the rest of the squad, so yes id be surprised if we threw him into a match before he'd properly started his fitness training.

And no one is mocking you. You might need to develop a thicker skin to survive on here :D

Our first team played those friendlies. With the players we've put out today, I can't think of a reason we'd have asked at the last minute for it to be closed doors.

Unless it is because of the trialist thing as @dookieno8 suggested.

No idea to be honest. Sounds a bit last minute, the move from Largs

I think we all read too much into it from Cambridge's tweet, we were probably sending 17 year olds to play them at Largs. Now we can get footage, analysis and sports science by playing at HTC on the next crop pushing for first team squad inclusion, Murphy getting more minutes is another plus

Possibly!

I thought it was a fair enough question, I had the same thought myself. A bit of a bizarre overreaction I thought.

Has he done any pre season training before joining us mate?

Wes Hoolahan one of the Cambridge trialists in the second half apparently.

Pretty much the first XI - shows the gulf and why Utd might well get relegated to the conference this season.

I assume Helander is not our player until international clearance given. Not our player so I assume we can't insure him .

Hot scoop from one of the THTC groundstaff. We did indeed switch the game to 'closed doors' because of the 3 Trialists. One is Helander, who's international clearance isn't through yet, the other two are Skrtel and Sturridge whom we wanted to take a closer look at.

We also have an active interest in Tierney as back-up to Borna and asked if we could field him as a trialist to assess his fitness. Lemon refused, saying the only way he'd do a deal for Tierney was if Halliday went to the DhimDome as part of the deal. My source didn't reveal how much cash we would be getting out of it if the deal is revived though.;)

Hot scoop from one of the THTC groundstaff. We did indeed switch the game to 'closed doors' because of the 3 Trialists. One is Helander, who's international clearance isn't through yet, the other two are Skrtel and Sturridge whom we wanted to take a closer look at.

We also have an active interest in Tierney as back-up to Borna and asked if we could field him as a trialist to assess his fitness. Lemon refused, saying the only way he'd do a deal for Tierney was if Halliday went to the DhimDome as part of the deal. My source didn't reveal how much cash we would be getting out of it if the deal is revived though.;)

Your post was semi-believable until the second paragraph!

you are not on torinos itk list so only half of that is true

Cool story bro

Is it feasible that two of those listed as Trialists could have been youngsters Umaro Blade from Sporting and Ritchie Kane-Hosler from Man City who, I think, have yet to sign officially?

Maybe @elfideldo can enlighten us later. If not then, whilst I'm sure he won't tell us who the Trialists were, he could maybe give us a wee clue - like were they 'well known' faces or youngsters.

Is it feasible that two of those listed as Trialists could have been youngsters Umaro Blade from Sporting and Ritchie Kane-Hosler from Man City who, I think, have yet to sign officially?

Pretty sure Balde was a named starter. Two of the trialists will have been the Man City kid but also the Spurs kid who played last week

Last edited:
Back