Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Dudelange game kicked off 10 minutes ago, still 0-0.

If they lose* then our away game definitely won't be the 1st August, but not concrete for it being the 30th July either. Hopefully Fola crash out tomorrow so that it at least stays as the 2nd leg and no fixture reversal is required.

*edit

Last edited:

If they win then our away game definitely won't be the 1st August, but not concrete for it being the 30th July either. Hopefully Fola crash out tomorrow so that it at least stays as the 2nd leg and no fixture reversal is required.

That’s not true. We want them to win so our game can be on the 1st.

If they win then our away game definitely won't be the 1st August, but not concrete for it being the 30th July either. Hopefully Fola crash out tomorrow so that it at least stays as the 2nd leg and no fixture reversal is required.

If they win there’s more chance of it being the 1st Aug as they’ll still be in the CL so play Tues or Wed

Even if they lose and go into the EL, there’s nothing definite. It’s possible we could both play on the 1st in different stadiums.

Possibly, not sure about UEFA wanting that though.

All I’m saying is it’s possible, you said our game definitely won’t be on the 1st. Let’s wait and see how it pans out, there’s nothing definite about it. There’s no point in making statements like that and people potentially taking it as gospel then making bookings.

Dudelange played their Europa QR2 tie at their own ground (not the national stadium) v a Kosovan team last year after dropping from the CL

Who do they get this year in QR2 (if they go out)?

Dudelange played their Europa QR2 tie at their own ground (not the national stadium) v a Kosovan team last year after dropping from the CL

Who do they get this year in QR2 (if they go out)?

Yes but also played CL QR1 in their own ground last season

Would play Shkëndija in EL QR2 this season if

What’s the state of play here? Do we need the Luxembourg sides to go out to avoid fixture change?

BOLLOX!!! I've booked flights and hotel for Wed - Fri

I'm almost certain our game will now be moved from the Thursday now.

90 mins + EIGHT and it's still 1-1 on the night, so they go out if it stays as this

4 ties scheduled for the exact same day if results go that way. Absloute horrid

Who is the 4th side

Dudelange v Shkëndija
Fola Esch v Aberdeen/RoPS
Progres v Rangers

Would be 3 games scheduled for 1st August

Dudelange have priority due to been domestic cup winners

But do the play in their own ground or the National Stadium?

We move onto Fola esch now tomorrow

Big X am I correct in thinking our game definitely will not be on the Thursday now? !!!!!

Looking a lot less likely but not impossible for both Progres and Dudelange to play at home on the same night but in different stadiums.

Should find out one way or another on Friday morning I'd imagine.

If Fola do win I can't see UEFA wanting us and Aberdeen in Luxembourg on the same week, that's another aspect that hasn't really been covered. Tbf I don't know if they would take that into account though.

Big X am I correct in thinking our game definitely will not be on the Thursday now? !!!!!
GEODGC has answered it mate. It’s not definite that it won’t be on Thursday but we could have done with Dudelange winning tonight. Not to be. We definitely want Fola Esch out tomorrow night.

Looking a lot less likely but not impossible for both Progres and Dudelange to play at home on the same night but in different stadiums.

Remember there is a rule about distances between stadiums as well mate.

Who is the 4th side

Dudelange v Shkëndija
Fola Esch v Aberdeen/RoPS
Progres v Rangers

Dudelange have priority due to been domestic cup

Dudelange have priority due to been domestic cup winners

But do the play in their own ground or the National Stadium?

We move onto Fola esch now tomorrow

Sorry your right. I seen the game 14 was away 2nd leg but that's the champions path draw.

Sorry for any confusion

So the Fola game kicks off at 5pm our time, and they're away to the Georgians and 2-1 down - hopefully they'll go out so we at least don't need to swap the away/home legs but get a day selected the same week as August 1st, that's favourable with the Dudelange tie

What is that rule mate?

If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

So the Fola game kicks off at 5pm our time, and they're away to the Georgians and 2-1 down - hopefully they'll go out so we at least don't need to swap the away/home legs but get a day selected the same week as August 1st, that's favourable with the Dudelange tie

If Fola go out we will be the 30th July at least based the use of the National Stadium

I would imagine Sport Options will have 1 at least
From Sports Options site..
GLASGOW RANGERS - Possible game 1st August in Luxembourg subject to other results. We are actively looking for an aicraft for this game. However prices currently look very high due to the most decent aircraft already commited to peak summer flying. We will do our best and update this page with any news ”

From Sports Options site..

GLASGOW RANGERS - Possible game 1st August in Luxembourg subject to other results. We are actively looking for an aicraft for this game. However prices currently look very high due to the most decent aircraft already commited to peak summer flying. We will do our best and update this page with any news ”
Prob be around £400 if they are to source a plane

Back