Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he stays, on his game he is brilliant, great workrate and commitment, maybe he'll realise he will need to play good in every game due to other players wanting his Jersey, a very good player on his day but if he goes he goes with my thanks.

I like him but he won't be a starter and this might be best for his career....decent guy who will go with best wishes.

Would definitely rather we kept him, hes a player I really like and if he is just a little more consistent in his effort then worth having as part of the squad.

We will be moving players on.
His effort and committment will be a miss imo, but good luck to him.

He is still one of our quickest and hard working players whcih fits exactly with SGs team setup. He can be a little inconsistent but that is quite common for wingers. He would be one of the last players I would let go unless we received some ridiculous offer for him.

I would be sad to see him go, he can still play a part and i love his determination , i guess if the club think its the right offer and he agrees to go then we just have to wish him the best of luck.

Don’t want him to go but if he does , what should the fee be? Not sure if this is his last year, even so anything around £1mil should be asked for , did well in Europe for us too

I’ll be sad to see him go. I’ve always admired his work rate and on his game a valuable asset. On the other hand I can understand that we need more consistency. Either way, if he goes he goes with my best wishes as he’s been a great servant to the club.

Been one of our most consistent performers over the last three seasons, was hoping we would retain him for one more year.

His work rate together with his slight ability is an asset in this league.

For me it would be a mistake to let him go. He’s like a wide player version of Novo.
Aaah the tired stereotype that Novo was just a hard worker. I love Candeias but he's nowhere near Nacho's level

We saw on Sunday the value he brings in terms of strength in depth, but being realistic, if we were offered a million or above for a guy entering the last year of his contract, and considering the number of players we have competing for a place in that area, we'd probably be daft to refuse.

My mrs will be gutted, Herrera and DC are her favourite players. Purely for footballing reasons she tells me ;-)

Not a first pick for us IMO anymore but I still would like him around. He will be a very good squad player for us this year.

The fact people keep referencing his work rate just illustrates his lack of quality and limitations.

There shouldn’t be a trade off, we can’t say it’s ok to be rotten technically but it’s fine he works hard. You can and we will have both moving forward.

I found him incredibly frustrating, he would play one good game then about five average ones. However that’s because he is just an average SPFL player largely.

No I’ll feeling towards him, he seems like a top guy and he has bought into what the club and Scottish football is all about. Best wishes to him but it’s time we moved on.

I hope not. Hes a good player
That could leave us short Stewart pushed out right,

Ojo and Arfield are both comfortable there too mate.

I feel there's a wee bit of inevitability about this.

He's been a good player for us, but we possibly have more productive options now.

If he does go, he'll leave with my best wishes and thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the guy, but clearly other guys are ahead of him now.
Add to that the fact that he's not getting any younger and he's had a nomadic career (two years here has been the longest he's stayed anywhere).
We certainly got our money's worth out of him.

The fact people keep referencing his work rate just illustrates his lack of quality and limitations.

There shouldn’t be a trade off, we can’t say it’s ok to be rotten technically but it’s fine he works hard. You can and we will have both moving forward.

I found him incredibly frustrating, he would play one good game then about five average ones. However that’s because he is just an average SPFL player largely.

No I’ll feeling towards him, he seems like a top guy and he has bought into what the club and Scottish football is all about. Best wishes to him but it’s time we moved on.
People are referencing his work rate because it was so notable compared to other players we had, even during the Gerrard era.

It's a big reason Tav became so defensively solid last season. Don't be surprised to see his defensive stats take a dip now.

If it's true then it looks like we'll be sticking with the formation we ended the season with rather than having an out and out winger on the right.

Arfield, Ojo and Stewart will all do very well in that inside forward role.

We can’t sell him under value.

Brings far too much to the table with his assists and workrate, so it’s got to be the going rate.

Good work rate but poor in the final ball far too often, the Scottish game seems to accept that kind of player (scott brown prime example) but id rather we had real quality especially with final ball coming from in wide.

Ojo and Arfield are both comfortable there too mate.

I feel there's a wee bit of inevitability about this.

He's been a good player for us, but we possibly have more productive options now.

If does go, he'll leave with my best wishes and thanks.
I prefer Arfield playing narrow nearer the striker.
I don’t fancy Arfield on the right of a front three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back